Sign in to follow this  
The Canaries Trust

NCFC shares for sale

1 hour ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Just emailed. 

Just replied. The seller has quoted an asking price of £80.00 per share.  

Edited by The Canaries Trust
Correction

31 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

Just replied. The buyer has quoted an asking price of £80.00 per share.  

Perhaps he knows what is brewing?

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This might be a daft question but why aren’t the Trust snapping them up? Isn’t increasing the shareholding part of the whole shabang? 

£80 per share could be the issue.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

This might be a daft question but why aren’t the Trust snapping them up? Isn’t increasing the shareholding part of the whole shabang? 

It’s a fair question, @Duncan Edwards

As a general point of principle, shareholders are free to choose whether they want to arrange their own private sale, invite an offer from the Trust, or, alternatively, list their shares on our website, quote whatever price they choose and invite offers. This is exactly what happened in this instance.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, essex canary said:

£80 per share could be the issue.

I guess it depends what benefits the shares come with. And how long they last for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I guess it depends what benefits the shares come with. And how long they last for.

you tinker!

Well played!

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Seems a big asking price 

They’re unlisted securities, effectively worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. The quoting price may put off some, but may be attractive to other potential buyers. 

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If I transact mine the current benefits would be lost whereas smaller denominations don't have any benefits. At £80 per share I would be sorely tempted though I would defer first to my late friends family who are not getting the benefits with the same number of shares. Then again I think we would both think twice about whether we think other parties have inside knowledge which we don't have. No point in selling for £80 this week to see the new buyer walk away with £160 the week after.

Edited by essex canary

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If I transact mine the current benefits would be lost whereas smaller denominations don't have any benefits. At £80 per share I would be sorely tempted though I would defer first to my late friends family who are not getting the benefits with the same number of shares. Then again I think we would both think twice about whether we think other parties have inside knowledge which we don't have. No point in selling for £80 this week to see the new buyer walk away with £160 the week after.

Its not all about you! 

Honest. 

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Before this thread degenerates into pure fantasy and idle speculation, this seller is a private individual with no inside knowledge, as alluded to by you.

Edited by The Canaries Trust
Lack of caffeine
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

idol speculation

Idol speculation is on the Sargent to Leeds thread.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
this is my best ever post on this forum. It will get zero likes
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I know being an accountant  is a monetary occupation but you're consumed with jealousy. Obsessed that someone might make a few more pounds or benefits on their shares than you. It's sad.

By all means be the richest man in the cemetery but what a joyless existence.......

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I know being an accountant  is a monetary occupation but you're consumed with jealousy. Obsessed that someone might make a few more pounds or benefits on their shares than you. It's sad.

By all means be the richest man in the cemetery but what a joyless existence.......

Well said Smithy! 

👏

27 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

Before this thread degenerates into pure fantasy and idle speculation, this seller is a private individual with no inside knowledge, as alluded to by you.

How does anyone know that any would be purchaser doesn’t have such inside information including for that matter Canaries Trust officers?

I am not for one moment suggesting that anyone is being corrupt but given that some supporter groups seem to be party at times to confidential information the scope seems to be there.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

How does anyone know that any would be purchaser doesn’t have such inside information including for that matter Canaries Trust officers?

I am not for one moment suggesting that anyone is being corrupt but given that some supporter groups seem to be party at times to confidential information the scope seems to be there.

🍿

So this asking price implies a current valuation of the club of £50m, in the absence of any information that the allotment has gone ahead or an Attanasio deal trigger point has been reached. This seems on the cheap side really, given the start to the season.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Inevitably there’ll always be limited number of people inside the club, and some working close to the company, who will know the potential share issue price, which may, once revealed, have an impact on on the trading price.

Being in possession of that information isn’t an offence, nor is passing it on to others, in confidence, before disclosure happens.

The point at which it becomes an offence is if that could be used to an unfair advantage by the possessors, but only if acted upon.

Given that the company’s shares aren’t actively traded upon an authorised stock exchange, or trading platform, it would seem highly unlikely that an unfair advantage would be deemed to have occurred.

Your arguments therefore seem to have zero substance in this instance.

9 minutes ago, The Canaries Trust said:

Inevitably there’ll always be limited number of people inside the club, and some working close to the company, who will know the potential share issue price, which may, once revealed, have an impact on on the trading price.

Being in possession of that information isn’t an offence, nor is passing it on to others, in confidence, before disclosure happens.

The point at which it becomes an offence is if that could be used to an unfair advantage by the possessors, but only if acted upon.

Given that the company’s shares aren’t actively traded upon an authorised stock exchange, or trading platform, it would seem highly unlikely that an unfair advantage would be deemed to have occurred.

Your arguments therefore seem to have zero substance in this instance.

In this instance???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Good grief your lack of total self awareness holds no bounds. Maybe if your incessant torrent of emails sent to Norwich City Football Club and anybody else with a connection to the club in any way, shape or form had not rubbed everybody up the wrong way you might have been accomodated but instead it has got to the point where nobody wants to engage in conversation with you.

You are the subject of relentless ridicule on this forum your Fan Engagement thread being a prime example. Nobody ever engages with what you post other than to take the p i$$.

You are a total plank end of !