Sign in to follow this  
Ulfotto

Sargent Barnes

Now this is a bit niche but this looks like our strike partnership this season it is also a famous character from the 80s Vietnam war movie Platoon. I appreciate this did come up on another thread.

Have we had something like this before? Or have there example ant other clubs have fictional characters as partnerships?

The last thing like this I can remember was the time our first choice goalkeeper was Ruddy and his backup was Rudd which again was a bit weird.

17 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The last thing like this I can remember was the time our first choice goalkeeper was Ruddy and his backup was Rudd which again was a bit weird.

Then John Ruddy went to Wolves where they had a young goalkeeper called Jack Ruddy. John's son, a promising goalkeeper as well apparently, is also called Jack Ruddy.

Some other ones off the top of my head:

Charlton once had a back four, right to left, of Young, Fish, Costa, Fortune.

Hartlepool won a game 2-1 about a decade or so ago, and their goalscorers were Hartley and Poole.

The world of cricket also gave us this gem a few years back:

Screenshot_20230805-101041.png

• Haha 8

The old Championship Manager 93 had a great line of play that could line up as 

"D1cks goes in hard on Butt"

"The ball gets loose, shot from (anyplayer). Saved, but Seamen spills in the box"

Julian D1cks, Nicky Butt, David Seaman respectively

Edited by Nexus_Canary

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The bowler's Holding the batman's Willey for those of a certain age.

I'm sure that was an urban myth, much like Roger the Cabin Boy and Seaman Staines from Captain Pugwash

4 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Now this is a bit niche but this looks like our strike partnership this season it is also a famous character from the 80s Vietnam war movie Platoon. I appreciate this did come up on another thread.

Have we had something like this before? Or have there example ant other clubs have fictional characters as partnerships?

the only thing that can kill Barnes is Barnes..

1 hour ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I'm sure that was an urban myth, much like Roger the Cabin Boy and Seaman Staines from Captain Pugwash

Oh no it wasn't. 

5 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

i always thought Willie Donachie and Phil Babb should have got together

Donachie Babb would have been very popular, particularly in Turkey

Reminds me of the Norway - Morocco match in the World Cup where Dan Eggen and Youssef Chippo were the scorers. Although I was hoping Karim Bagheri and Julio Arce would score for the same team.