Sign in to follow this  
Commonsense

Ipswich away match pick

24 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

It is not a preagreed system.

This is a club-mandated system that puts commercial income above fan-loyalty (the earlier points-based scheme was put together by a fans' group and had far fewer problems than Kensall's botch)

"The usual suspects" will be the ones supporting the team at far-off grounds, and at inconvenient times, and (often) whether the team are performing well or poorly. There are no logical reasons why these fans should not have priority for in-demand matches.

Ultimately the club can put in whatever system it wants, but it is definitely pre-agreed.  There is nothing we didn’t know -  so that comment makes no sense.

Otherwise, it’s all down to opinion (I do find it odd that s/t holders aren’t members, but it is what it is, I don’t care that much), there will always be winners any losers in any system. I suppose we should maybe be greatful we don’t support a ‘big’ club where the issues must be greater.

54 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ultimately the club can put in whatever system it wants, but it is definitely pre-agreed.  There is nothing we didn’t know -  so that comment makes no sense.

Otherwise, it’s all down to opinion (I do find it odd that s/t holders aren’t members, but it is what it is, I don’t care that much), there will always be winners any losers in any system. I suppose we should maybe be greatful we don’t support a ‘big’ club where the issues must be greater.

No.  The system was imposed by the club, replacing the fee-free scheme that was previously in place.

The changes to Membership were club-generated & only presented to fans / groups as a fait accompli.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The changes to Membership were club-generated & only presented to fans / groups as a fait accompli.

Thats not true, the club had workshops to discuss options which ALL fans could apply to attend. 

28 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

No.  The system was imposed by the club, replacing the fee-free scheme that was previously in place.

The club can do whatever it wants.  Your ‘No’ makes no sense whatsoever as terms were as previously stated - nothing new has happened. It may have changed from what it once was but is was pre-agreed (or pre-determined if you prefer).   And as Greavsy says, changes were worked through with fan groups.  You/we might not like whatever is in place but it Is what it is unless/until it changes.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused about away membership.

I am a season ticket holder and went to 10 away games last season, therefore I am in Sales Group 1 for away matches next season; I didn't bother buying an away membership this season on that basis.

Will I have an equal chance of getting an Ipswich away ticket when they go on sale in November as those who purchased away membership? Or are away membership/match picks ahead of sales group 1 in the priority?

2 minutes ago, Osborne17 said:

I am a season ticket holder and went to 10 away games last season, therefore I am in Sales Group 1 for away matches next season; I didn't bother buying an away membership this season on that basis.

Will I have an equal chance of getting an Ipswich away ticket when they go on sale in November as those who purchased away membership? Or are away membership/match picks ahead of sales group 1 in the priority?

Screenshot_20230628_151934_Drive.jpg

11 minutes ago, Osborne17 said:

You are very confused I think. Your priority for last years 10+ away games will only apply if you are currently an away member.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The club can do whatever it wants.  Your ‘No’ makes no sense whatsoever as terms were as previously stated - nothing new has happened. It may have changed from what it once was but is was pre-agreed (or pre-determined if you prefer).   And as Greavsy says, changes were worked through with fan groups.  You/we might not like whatever is in place but it Is what it is unless/until it changes.

Just one observation, the workshops followed fairly quickly, during our first season back in the Premier, in 2019-20, when it became immediately apparent the the revised proposals had been poorly thought through, and impractical, not least because the NCFC phone lines couldn’t cope with the initial free-for-all approach.

One of the biggest criticisms was that members could be faced with the possibility of not being able to get a ticket for any game at all, hence the match-pick option was proposed for the following season.

This said, there wasn’t actually much discussion about the proposal, which effectively was a fait accompli, on the basis that it would be reviewed again the season after that. Unfortunately, Covid interred with that and the scheme has remained unchanged since.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You are very confused I think. Your priority for last years 10+ away games will only apply if you are currently an away member.

All I know is that a s/t holder with a handful of away games I’m in group 4.  I just logged in and it tells me if I buy an away membership I’ll go into group 3.

Edit I thought @Osborne17 was correct in that he doesn’t need an away membership at all as he is higher priority already , but that might be wrong….reading tickets.canaries.co.uk/membershipfaq for info, you might need the membership too to be in grpup1

IMG_3520.png

5 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

My Grandfather went to 11 away games in the 1951-52 season, he was also a shareholder......that must put me in group 1 doesn't it?

If the ticket stubs are in pounds, shillings and old pence, then they no longer apply (winks) 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Thats not true, the club had workshops to discuss options which ALL fans could apply to attend. 

Nope.

The scheme was announced on June 12 2019

On June 19 fans' groups Along Come Norwich, Barclay End Norwich, Canaries Trust, Forces2Canaries and Proud Canaries put out a statement  asking the club to rethink the scheme, and noting that "The consultation undertaken for the new scheme should never have been allowed to be the final phase of the implementation, whereby a meeting was organised with around 24 hours' notice and appears to have been an exercise in gauging last-minute opinion rather than inviting assistance in shaping a new scheme that would work for, and be fair to, everybody."

On June 28 Kensall publicly apologised, saying "I apologise for the lack of communication and fan consultations."

Only after this was there meaningful consultation [Kensall visited London on September 12 2019], and reversion to the old scheme was never offered as an option.

Edited by NewNestCarrow

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

All I know is that a s/t holder with a handful of away games I’m in group 4.  I just logged in and it tells me if I buy an away membership I’ll go into group 3.

I think Osborne is correct in that he doesn’t need an away membership at all as he is higher priority already so long as the 10 away games are in the records.

Incorrect as irrespective of how many games you went to last season you must have a paid up 2023/24 away membership to be in Groups 1, 2 or 3.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Nope.

On June 19 fans' groups Along Come Norwich, Barclay End Norwich, Canaries Trust, Forces2Canaries and Proud Canaries put out a statement  asking the club to rethink the scheme, and noting that "The consultation undertaken for the new scheme should never have been allowed to be the final phase of the implementation, whereby a meeting was organised with around 24 hours' notice and appears to have been an exercise in gauging last-minute opinion rather than inviting assistance in shaping a new scheme that would work for, and be fair to, everybody."

On June 28 Kensall publicly apologised, saying "I apologise for the lack of communication and fan consultations."

Only after this was their meaningful consultation, and reversion to the old scheme was never offered as an option.

It doesn’t alter the fact that the terms were as pre-agreed or pre-determined. They aren’t new for this season.  This is what you seem to be arguing.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Incorrect as irrespective of how many games you went to last season you must have a paid up 2023/24 away membership to be in Groups 1, 2 or 3.

I was just editing as you posted - checked in the website.  It was much simpler in the old days for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

It doesn’t alter the fact that the terms were as pre-agreed or pre-determined. They aren’t new for this season.  This is what you seem to be arguing.

Nowhere have I mentioned this season.  All my comments have been in relation to the changes imposed by Kensall in 2019.

9 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Nope.

Only after this was their meaningful consultation, and reversion to the old scheme was never offered as an option.

Im not going to argue the background and I don't doubt that you are correct in the history. 

However I attended one of the meetings, as an interested season ticket holder, and not a member of any other fan group. It was not set up with only 24 hours notice, and there was a few set up for maximum attendance opportunities and if ii remember correctly at various locations. 

There were a few options, and the club was also open to other suggestions from the floor / fanbase. 

I remember Ben saying there was a gap of £xx that needed plugging, and the club was open to any suggestions, but they had maxed out sponsorships etc. 

The away membership is there purely to make money for the club. He didn't hide that. They are a business. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im not going to argue the background and I don't doubt that you are correct in the history. 

However I attended one of the meetings, as an interested season ticket holder, and not a member of any other fan group. It was not set up with only 24 hours notice, and there was a few set up for maximum attendance opportunities and if ii remember correctly at various locations. 

There were a few options, and the club was also open to other suggestions from the floor / fanbase. 

I remember Ben saying there was a gap of £xx that needed plugging, and the club was open to any suggestions, but they had maxed out sponsorships etc. 

The away membership is there purely to make money for the club. He didn't hide that. They are a business. 

The only public consultations came in September & October 2019. so the fans'-groups statement of June 28 2019 was absolutely correct.

44 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

My Grandfather went to 11 away games in the 1951-52 season, he was also a shareholder......that must put me in group 1 doesn't it?

No you are in a special group ahead of all the others. You and your family are guaranteed tickets in perpetuity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No you are in a special group ahead of all the others. You and your family are guaranteed tickets in perpetuity.

free tickets in perpetuity I hope

11 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The only public consultations came in September & October 2019. so the fans'-groups statement of June 28 2019 was absolutely correct.

The consultation I attended was on the 22.10.19, 

With a final consultation taking place in 19.12.19 following 4 consultations which included London, Burnley, and Carrow Road. 

Not sure how that equates to your statement of meetings being set up within 24 hours. 

Yes they got it wrong initially, Ben held his hand up, both at those meetings and in the press. I can't see what more they could have done, without hindsight. 

So for the 3rd consecutive season we have paid for 4 x away memberships. This year the cost was £85 total less whatever % for the early renewal. For the 3rd successive year we have gone online to do our match pick ( Luton last year, and I can’t remember the year before ) only to find out our pick has sold out in a short time.

Each season we say we are not doing that next year, so feel well taken to the cleaners.

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The consultation I attended was on the 22.10.19, 

With a final consultation taking place in 19.12.19 following 4 consultations which included London, Burnley, and Carrow Road. 

Not sure how that equates to your statement of meetings being set up within 24 hours. 

Yes they got it wrong initially, Ben held his hand up, both at those meetings and in the press. I can't see what more they could have done, without hindsight. 

It isn't my statement. The quote comes directly from a collection of NCFC fans'groups, which is why the text is all contained within quotation marks.

I've no idea why you think that workshops in September & October 2019 were proper consultation for a scheme that was launched on June 12 2019.

Who wants to go to portaloo anyway. Love how in one hand our fans hate them then the other elevate them.

Eg singing anti ipswich songs in the prem. if they are so meaningless to us / you forget about and ignore them 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

This doesn't seem correct judging by the very helpful post by @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary.

12 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

It isn't my statement. The quote comes directly from a collection of NCFC fans'groups, which is why the text is all contained within quotation marks.

I've no idea why you think that workshops in September & October 2019 were proper consultation for a scheme that was launched on June 12 2019.

Because thats what the consultations were about . I was there! 

Here's a screen grab of the invitation emails too, which shows the subject matter quite clearly. 

image.thumb.png.dd80aa3dc2fb4557828a05c032985331.png

image.thumb.png.c5074114bf0f44ee9e5b4193972e1e7e.png 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

This doesn't make sense though, the club have already automatically added "Away Member Sales Group 1 - 23/24" to my account, and I have not purchased away membership for the forthcoming season.

1 hour ago, Osborne17 said:

You haven’t donated £25 to the clubs bank account, so you will not be group 1. 

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Who wants to go to portaloo anyway. Love how in one hand our fans hate them then the other elevate them.

Eg singing anti ipswich songs in the prem. if they are so meaningless to us / you forget about and ignore them 🤔🤔

Personally I don't want to go there because I detest them and their scummy stadium, it makes me feel dirty whenever I've been there.  But I understand other City fans who do want to go to that game.

But they're our big rivals, definitely not meaningless to us.  For a long time now they've been below us and that's been very satisfying.  It could now change, this season they could end up above us, but if not this season, it will happen sooner or later.