Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Good to see Pukki doing well again

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Like cantwell longer one of ours, don't care if he's firing duds or hattricks.

Unlike Cantwell, always behaved with impeccable professionalism. But let's trash him, eh? Only got 88 goals, f*cking failure. 

17 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Like cantwell longer one of ours, don't care if he's firing duds or hattricks.

I think people can rightly look fondly on a club legend doing well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think people can rightly look fondly on a club legend doing well.

Dunno others have said it, I don't look at him as affectionately as holty or hucks even.

Just didn't feel the connection, his leaving doesn't make me want to smash my Norwich mug like when holty handed in his transfer.

Sure pukki scored a load for us but he's done, adiós shame you lost the pace and were a shadow of yourself last season.

I won't shed a tear or overly care for the rest of his career.

Focus on the lads who replace him, id argue we should have focused more on Sargent last season as it stands.

22 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Unlike Cantwell, always behaved with impeccable professionalism. But let's trash him, eh? Only got 88 goals, f*cking failure. 

I never said that did I, I said I didn't give a crap never once did I say he was a failure.

Sorry if I over-reacted. I am just sick of people trashing Pukki on here and you were the butt of my anger. I apologise.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Dunno others have said it, I don't look at him as affectionately as holty or hucks even.

Just didn't feel the connection, his leaving doesn't make me want to smash my Norwich mug like when holty handed in his transfer.

Sure pukki scored a load for us but he's done, adiós shame you lost the pace and were a shadow of yourself last season.

I won't shed a tear or overly care for the rest of his career.

Focus on the lads who replace him, id argue we should have focused more on Sargent last season as it stands.

I don't know what to say to this. 😫

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Sorry if I over-reacted. I am just sick of people trashing Pukki on here and you were the butt of my anger. I apologise.

No worries mate good to have some passion ☺️

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

I don't know what to say to this. 😫

You say it best

When you say nothing at all..

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yep. Incredible views on one of our greatest ever strikers.

If you say so. 

Am I not allowed to say, I didn't feel the same affinity for him as I did others?

Or do I need to pretend he was my fav player just to appease people??

I note a Daniel Hakans scored a hat trick for Finland. I know it was only San Marino (remember when they scored against England thanks to Stuart Pearce was it?).  He is only 23 and plays in Norway.  Worth a punt???

3 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

I note a Daniel Hakans scored a hat trick for Finland. I know it was only San Marino (remember when they scored against England thanks to Stuart Pearce was it?).  He is only 23 and plays in Norway.  Worth a punt???

I don’t think we can afford to take Punts on unknown Finnish strikers anymore 

Pukki also actually leads in assists in whole Euro qualifiers at the moment (4). Maybe he has been thinking that its time for a new challenge and instead of scoring himself its time to try to win some top assists tables 😉

3 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

The Punt was scrapped in 2002, and it would probably take more than one punt to buy him anyway.

3 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Just had a look at his Wiki - he only moved to Norway last year and went to a then Eliteserien (the top division in Norway) side in Jerv, who were relegated in bottom spot before moving to Valerenga for the start of this season. Valerenga are essentially a makeweight in the top division, they're rarely right in the mixer and tend to be fairly solidly mid-table.

He probably needs more seasoning in Norway or to get to a top side first, like Molde, Bodo, Rosenborg etc.