5 hours ago, Mengo said:

How many people turned up for the forum " Nutty". 600 spaces? How many supporters do you reckon . Did you learn anything from it? Thoughts? 

Have they said how many? I'm not sure because I couldn't see how many were behind me. We got there quite early and we're on that photo. Later Tilly and CUSDP came and sat with us. I also got to have a chat with VOS. Oh and I met Essex who sat quite near me. 

Being with other city fans is always a joy but I learned very little from the meeting. Our club are reasonably transparent anyway and what we don't know is usually what we can't know yet. The hold up with the shares appears to be as frustrating for them as it is us. Zoe did ok, still seemed positive about Marky Mark and it doesn't seem the end of the world is nigh...

I thought Wagner spoke well but avoided the questions you'd expect him to. Onel was good value as always. Ashley Barnes spoke well and seems a good character. Will be interesting to see how that translates in the pitch. 

Edited by nutty nigel

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Have they said how many? I'm not sure because I couldn't see how many were behind me. We got there quite early and we're on that photo. Later Tilly and CUSDP came and sat with us. I also got to have a chat with VOS. Oh and I met Essex who sat quite near me. 

Being with other city fans is always a joy but I learned very little from the meeting. Our club are reasonably transparent anyway and what we don't know is usually what we can't know yet. The hold up with the shares appears to be as frustrating for them as it is us. Zoe did ok, still seemed positive about Marky Mark and it doesn't seem the end of the world is nigh...

I thought Wagner spoke well but avoided the questions you'd expect him to. Onel was good value as always. Ashley Barnes spoke well and seems a good character. Will be interesting to see how that translates in the pitch. 

Good 👍 stuff 👏 nutty. It's nice to meet up with fellow 😊 norwich fans. I have a gut feeling we will do OK this year. Not sure if that means play offs or holding our own , can't wait for it to start. Murky Mark needs to make some kind of appearance sooner rather than later. I think Ashley Barnes and King Kenny will become big buddies and good value for the team.

Murky Mark and Spikey Mike we are ready for the next phase. Bring it on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Good 👍 stuff 👏 nutty. It's nice to meet up with fellow 😊 norwich fans. I have a gut feeling we will do OK this year. Not sure if that means play offs or holding our own , can't wait for it to start. Murky Mark needs to make some kind of appearance sooner rather than later. I think Ashley Barnes and King Kenny will become big buddies and good value for the team.

Murky Mark and Spikey Mike we are ready for the next phase. Bring it on.

Ashley Barnes will make a great Sheriff while Kenny is forever Lord Mayor. Bring it on.

Edited by nutty nigel
💛⚽💚
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Ashley Barnes will make a great Sheriff while Kenny is forever Lord Mayor. Bring it on.

All we need now is a Sarge!   ...Oh wait :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

I would "guessestimate" the attendance to be between 250/300 but could be way out. A pleasant evening, understandably more relaxed than an AGM, and good to see several youngsters asking questions. It was noticeable that the questions "hardened" after the interval, I suspect due to some regular old PinkUn posters wanting to display their frustrations !! I did think Zoe came out with a typical piece of modern day jargon. Instead of saying we borrowed £20 million pending the remaining broadcasting monies being paid, she said we anticipated them. Mind you I see Man Utd's debts have risen to £725 million and someone is likely to pay £100 million plus for Declan Rice so to be fair the Board at Carrow Road they still possess a degree of sanity.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This is all I need to know 

21 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The other question, and again I don’t know the answer, is whether those entitled to vote would be voting the number of their shares or it would be one shareholding one vote. If the latter then it wouldn’t much matter if S&J could take part, since they would have one vote rather than 320,000 votes.

Taking a look at the Annual Report S&J could make a case for as many as 3 of the 6,860 votes. Watch out for any moves to favour original purchasers over inheritors.

Couid I object to Zoe's entitlement to vote on the grounds that she has simply borrowed her shares from S&J to be returned at the end of her tenure? Similarly to Tom on the grounds that the bulk of his shares have been purchased at nominal rates only, rather than with an attached premium as for everybody else.

Of course if S&J are deemed to be ineligible could I request that the voting rule is changed to number of shares held?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Taking a look at the Annual Report S&J could make a case for as many as 3 of the 6,860 votes. Watch out for any moves to favour original purchasers over inheritors.

Couid I object to Zoe's entitlement to vote on the grounds that she has simply borrowed her shares from S&J to be returned at the end of her tenure? Similarly to Tom on the grounds that the bulk of his shares have been purchased at nominal rates only, rather than with an attached premium as for everybody else.

Of course if S&J are deemed to be ineligible could I request that the voting rule is changed to number of shares held?

Having Smith and Jones involved can only help you. I trust them to act in your and all minority shareholders interests. 

What swayed me with the bond issue, the one you dragged your feet over, was that the investors would be repaid if club ownership changed.

You obviously don't trust them. Why?

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Having Smith and Jones involved can only help you. I trust them to act in your and all minority shareholders interests. 

I’ve always held a similar view, Nutty, but, I suspect that this belief is just about to be well and truly tested!

Wonder who will be put forward by the Attanassio group for a place on the board when the share drama resolves itself.

40 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Wonder who will be put forward by the Attanassio group for a place on the board when the share drama resolves itself.

Young Mike!

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What swayed me with the bond issue, the one you dragged your feet over, was that the investors would be repaid if club ownership changed.

You obviously don't trust them. Why?

I met one supporter who had the same level of investment in the Bond Scheme as I did in shares. This supporter told me he wouldn't buy shares in the Football Club as he doesn’t rate Corporate Governance in the industry.

One other person in the same category as that supporter is the recently departed Chairman of the Audit Committee who equally favoured short term returns over long term ones. It isn't difficult to understand why.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Young Mike!

Him an' Neppers Tom will be besties an' get on like a house on fire....Mark me wurdz....

2 hours ago, GMF said:

I’ve always held a similar view, Nutty, but, I suspect that this belief is just about to be well and truly tested!

Yes because a residual 20% of minority shareholders in what is essentially an obsolete scheme is hardly an attractive proposition.

If the Club really needs this perhaps the best way forward would be to agree a Protocol with fans something like the following:

1. Reduce the AGM to a formal business meeting because unlike Monday's Forum session it is unable to engage young fans. As a substitute pledge regular Forum sessions with Non-Executive participation.

2. Provide something akin to the voucher element of the Bond Scheme to the residual minority shareholders as an interim arrangement.

3. Pledge to work with supporters to come up with a better solution by the end of the decade possibly involving both a golden handshake payment similar to the bond schemes promotion bonus arrangements and an enhanced Supporter Trust arrangement alongside Shadow Board proposals.