8 hours ago, Bert said:

Forces2canaries would jump at the chance of joining if the club threw in a walk round the pitch on match day 

More minutes than Hayden...

Edited by nutty nigel
😎🙃😂
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sorry to keep banging on about my one man and his dog take on the vast majority of these fans groups wolfie but these groups apart from Forces2Forces and the Trust do not have a membership . They are literally a handful at most of NCFC supporters who have decided to call themselves XYZ Canaries or whatever and sort recognition as such from the Club. No accountability to anybody by way of a constitution or elected officers etc.

Capital Canaries. 

1 hour ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Capital Canaries. 

Apologies, yes Capital Canaries but however i will stick with my view that the vast majority come under the banner of one man and his dog.

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Apologies, yes Capital Canaries but however i will stick with my view that the vast majority come under the banner of one man and his dog.

I think most fair-minded people would accept that the vast majority of those groups have a pretty small membership.

My guess is that Proud Canaries would also be considered, as I don't believe we currently have anyone representing the LGBTQ+ community on the panel. Beyond that, though, it's anyone's guess!

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think most fair-minded people would accept that the vast majority of those groups have a pretty small membership.

My guess is that Proud Canaries would also be considered, as I don't believe we currently have anyone representing the LGBTQ+ community on the panel. Beyond that, though, it's anyone's guess!

Fair point Wolfie in these days of inclusivity etc, however if no one from any of the communities applied to be elected, or didn't get elected in the vote it isn't up to the club to make sure they are represented.  I agree they should all have equal opportunities though.

Again, this to me sounds like box ticking. 

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Fair point Wolfie in these days of inclusivity etc, however if no one from any of the communities applied to be elected, or didn't get elected in the vote it isn't up to the club to make sure they are represented.  I agree they should all have equal opportunities though.

Again, this to me sounds like box ticking. 

Making sure that minority groups are represented is an integral part of a fair and equitable society. It's only 'box ticking' if they don't listen to or engage with them once they're on the panel.

I would also argue that it absolutely is up to the club to ensure their minority groups are represented, as often it's the marginalised groups who are least likely to come forward and make their voices heard.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Making sure that minority groups are represented is an integral part of a fair and equitable society. It's only 'box ticking' if they don't listen to or engage with them once they're on the panel.

I would also argue that it absolutely is up to the club to ensure their minority groups are represented, as often it's the marginalised groups who are least likely to come forward and make their voices heard.

Agree completely Wolfie. A good opportunity for those groups to have a voice. 

Maybe the ladies team might not bother though . 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wolfie we are are talking about supporters groups here not some members of an oppressed and victimised section of society unable to stand up for their rights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Making sure they have the opportunity to be represented i totally agree with. 

Its hard to articulate without sounding anti that im not. Everyone should be represented,  with equal voice,but thats also works the other way, that minority groups shouldn't have a louder voice / inclusion just because they meet a criteria, or to the detriment of others. It should be level field with the best people for the roles irrespective of anything else.

Maybe I'm from simpler times.

Edited by Greavsy

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wolfie we are are talking about supporters groups here not some members of an oppressed and victimised section of society unable to stand up for their rights.

That's very easy to say as a white, middle-class, heterosexual, able-bodied male (EDIT: I appreciate I am making presumptions there). Our supporter base must be viewed as a microcosm of society, and I believe (and hope) that the club wish to ensure equity – not just equality – among its fanbase.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Making sure they have the opportunity to be represented i totally agree with. 

Its hard to articulate without sounding anti that im not. Everyone should be represented,  with equal voice,but thats also works the other way, that minority groups shouldn't have a louder voice / inclusion just because they meet a criteria, or to the detriment of others. It should be level field with the best people for the roles irrespective of anything else.

Maybe I'm from simpler times.

I'm not wishing to denigrate you, Greavsy, not Tilly for that matter. It's good that you are perceptive enough to realise the possibility that you may be from 'simpler times'. 'Best practice' organisations are generally embracing the fundamental distinction between 'equality' and 'equity' these days, as I mentioned above.

Edited by Feedthewolf

I would like to see a representative of the miserablist wing of the fan base to represent us that are not happy with anything ever 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's very easy to say as a white, middle-class, heterosexual, able-bodied male (EDIT: I appreciate I am making presumptions there). Our supporter base must be viewed as a microcosm of society, and I believe (and hope) that the club wish to ensure equity – not just equality – among its fanbase.

I'm not wishing to denigrate you, Greavsy, not Tilly for that matter. It's good that you are perceptive enough to realise the possibility that you may be from 'simpler times'. 'Best practice' organisations are generally embracing the fundamental distinction between 'equality' and 'equity' these days, as I mentioned above.

Fair point wolfie, 

I'd just rather the club and society in general said to person x we want you on the panel because you're the best person for the job. The fact they are from a minority group should be irrelevant. I fully accept those people are best placed to represent the views of the group they belong to, and they will also, quite rightly  be able to comment on non minority group specific issues. 

Everyone should  be able to stand for election and if voted on represent on a equal footing, and not be the (possibly) perceived token member  from xxx minority group. 

Again I hope I've articulated that correctly, as I say I'm from simpler times, being the white middle aged able- bodied heterosexual male you mentionedin your post, maybe I'm unknowingly privileged.  Happy to be educated wolfie  and appreciate your response. 

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Why not just organise roadshows as they did 20 years ago then anyone and everyone are welcome and can just ask any question they want?

Isn't that the very best system for representation unless the fact they are not running them in New York or Timbuktu is a problem?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Able bodied lol!