Next season - poll

Next season poll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Next season

• Webber & Wagner both leave
    • Webber leave, Wagner stay
    • Wagner leave, Webber stay
    • Both stay

I know it's not popular, but I think Webber deserves another(Maybe last) chance to get it right. He works better recruiting for the championshiop and unearthing gems than having a big budget. It's been a terrible season, but  I don't have any confidence we would/could bring a better director of football in right now.

That said he needs to mend some bridges with the local press and more importantly the fans. Admitting he got it wrong the last 2 seasons would be a start.

Wagner and Smith both struggled with this set of players and therefore I think Wagner deserves a chance with some new players and a preseason to show what he can do. Sacking managers and replacing them regularly is not the way forward.

We need to replace the characters of men like Tettey and Zimmerman and Skipp and the skills of Buendia and Cantwell. Without those additions Pep Guardiola would struggle to achieve much next season with our 11.

On a side note, I am hoarse from singing for Pukki today. "What a guy."  Just how do you replace him?

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

More important than any of these variables is that the takeover gets completed. If Webber is instrumental in getting that over the line then I have no problem with him staying until it's done. Definitely feels like it's time for a fresh approach, though; we need the fans back on side, and that's clearly not going to happen under Webber.

As for Wagner, I think he at least deserves pre-season to get some new players to work with, and then get them into the kind of shape he wants them in. It took Farke a full year to implement the football he wanted to play, so I think Wagner is at least worth the start of next season. However, I wouldn't consider it a grave mistake if we decided to roll the dice.

Pretty much - Webber leaving now could put the whole investment in jeopardy.  It would also set us back in planning for next season.  Both things are rather pointless.

As to Wagner, the jury is out but imo he deserves the chance with his own players

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

More important than any of these variables is that the takeover gets completed. If Webber is instrumental in getting that over the line then I have no problem with him staying until it's done. Definitely feels like it's time for a fresh approach, though; we need the fans back on side, and that's clearly not going to happen under Webber.

As for Wagner, I think he at least deserves pre-season to get some new players to work with, and then get them into the kind of shape he wants them in. It took Farke a full year to implement the football he wanted to play, so I think Wagner is at least worth the start of next season. However, I wouldn't consider it a grave mistake if we decided to roll the dice.

But it's not a takeover FDW, it's just more Cat C shares offered as investment, and seeing as MA has already paid more into this club in 10 months than our current ownership you can see why its not happening without more control being given over? Or do you know something more?

We need transparency from the club on a number of fronts to be open with the fans, after this shambolic seasons end.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

But on current form we will exactly be in a relegation battle. Only Reading had a worse final ten games. And they went down. 

Yes, but we now have a three-month break and we start next season on zero points with a full pre-season behind us and a bunch of fresh players. If we only win one of our first eleven games next season, Wagner would be out on his ear. I honestly don't see that happening.

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You’re a condescending muppet so you deserve no charm. I’ve read plenty of your posts and when it comes to me you repeatedly call me a troll for posting that Webber, and Wagner, should leave our club. A somewhat fair reflection on the situation. 

Perhaps post about something else/different and it wouldn’t be?   

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Perhaps post about something else/different and it wouldn’t be?   

Perhaps get a more rounded opinion re the anger some fans feel and the best solution felt viable. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yes, but we now have a three-month break and we start next season on zero points with a full pre-season behind us and a bunch of fresh players. If we only win one of our first eleven games next season, Wagner would be out on his ear. I honestly don't see that happening.

Zero points you say. I’ll take that now thank you. (Winking emoji) 

• Haha 1

Just now, S_81 said:

Perhaps get a more rounded opinion re the anger some fans feel and the best solution felt viable. 

I have a perfectly rounded opinion, one that can see both sides of an argument.. 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wagner just gave an interview suggesting we only need a few additions. Personally I don’t have faith we even clear out the players that need to be gone. Yet alone higher up 

I have a perfectly rounded opinion, one that can see both sides of an argument.. 

Then stop calling fans trolls. 

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

But it's not a takeover FDW, it's just more Cat C shares offered as investment, and seeing as MA has already paid more into this club in 10 months than our current ownership you can see why its not happening without more control being given over? Or do you know something more?

We need transparency from the club on a number of fronts to be open with the fans, after this shambolic seasons end.

I don't know anything more, but I highly doubt someone as experienced as Attanasio would still be at the table if it was just to sit in the background. I believe Delia and Michael will sell their majority shareholding to Attanasio, and relatively soon. I'd hope they stay on in some capacity, but they're both into their 80s and the club has clearly been on the decline for the past two seasons. I think they trust Attanasio to turn our fortunes around.

Hope I'm right.

Nothing will change.

Delia will still be in the Directors box, Webber still in control and his sidekick Muttley aka Wagner still making a mess of substitutions.

Utter fcuking shambles.

• Like 2

Just now, S_81 said:

Then stop calling fans trolls. 

I don’t really think you are in any position to tell me what to do or not to do. 

In my current mood they can both sod off. In a couple of days, with a clear head, I may change my mind.

I don’t really think you are in any position to tell me what to do or not to do. 

I am. Don’t call me a troll and I won’t call you a tw&t. One followed the other 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Wagner just gave an interview suggesting we only need a few additions. Personally I don’t have faith we even clear out the players that need to be gone. Yet alone higher up 

The contract conundrums thread is a good place to start if you want to analyse the squad for next season. We desperately need some bite and some more experience, as well as a fox-in-the-box striker. But I think 'a few' could mean half a dozen, and if we bought the right players in the right positions (plus replaced any that left) I think we could still be in relatively decent shape.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't know anything more, but I highly doubt someone as experienced as Attanasio would still be at the table if it was just to sit in the background. I believe Delia and Michael will sell their majority shareholding to Attanasio, and relatively soon. I'd hope they stay on in some capacity, but they're both into their 80s and the club has clearly been on the decline for the past two seasons. I think they trust Attanasio to turn our fortunes around.

Hope I'm right.

I hope you're right too, but I have read it differently, Foulger had to sell, Delia either couldn't afford or want to invest more of her money, so MA was wined and dined by Webber to buy and look to one day in the future take over....but to say Delia & MWJ are selling their share's has never been mentioned just Cat C shares offered for a body on the board made up by two other couples one set employing the other....not sure Attanasio likes that for the money. Time will tell.

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I hope you're right too, but I have read it differently, Foulger had to sell, Delia either couldn't afford or want to invest more of her money, so MA was wined and dined by Webber to buy and look to one day in the future take over....but to say Delia & MWJ are selling their share's has never been mentioned just Cat C shares offered for a body on the board made up by two other couples one set employing the other....not sure Attanasio likes that for the money. Time will tell.

Fair synopsis. There’s no evidence that this is all a succession plan. Delia more likely to be a Logan Roy.  Will die before selling up. 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeah, that's a fair read on it too. If you're right and next season doesn't start well (especially if the unthinkable happens and we lose to that lot... shudder...), things could start getting ugly in a hurry. I really hope Delia and Michael don't have to go through all that again.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, that's a fair read on it too. If you're right and next season doesn't start well (especially if the unthinkable happens and we lose to that lot... shudder...), things could start getting ugly in a hurry. I really hope Delia and Michael don't have to go through all that again.

I really hope you're more right, we need a reset and like many managers it's nice for S&J to go on a good note not to prolong any downward trend outstay their popularity, which could as you say lead to some ugly reactions, they deserve to go with thanks and grace & not like Chase.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

12 voting for hoping both stay. The binners have clearly found the poll 

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

There’s a difference between what I want and what I think will happen so I have voted with what I think will happen and that’s they will both still be here 

That's exactly how I voted as the question was not clear.

• Confused 1

Shambles!

Achieved 2nd at one point, expectation automatic promotion then levelled out at top-six….in line with that stupid quote.

13th…. Heads need to roll. 

Old Farm Derby here we go 

6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Eh?

Both will stay but that's not what I want.

You to make it clearer.

• Confused 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Eh?

Both will stay but that's not what I want.

You to make it clearer.

I’ve obviously not been clear enough. A poll based on what will happen will indeed be a 100% vote for option D. As fu(k all will change 

48 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I am. Don’t call me a troll and I won’t call you a tw&t. One followed the other 

I really don’t give a toss if you call me a ****.  You still very much appear to be a one-trick pony troll

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I really don’t give a toss if you call me a ****.  You still very much appear to be a one-trick pony troll

You seem so upset by my conviction in my opinion that it’s a bit odd really. A bit ruffled aren’t you. I’ve made many other points on this forum. 

19 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Or they are mature enough not to have a kneejerk reaction. Fwiw I didn’t vote.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Or they are mature enough not to have a kneejerk reaction. Fwiw I didn’t vote.

Knee jerk lol. 
A two season depletion of our squad by Webber, along with a horrendous approach to PR - including an interview with a National saying he wasn’t giving his job 100%. 

and Wagner - 1 win in 11. No home goals in 5. 

kneejerk….