Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Delia is a joke

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Still love Delia, still love the club.  It's been a poor season, we've had plenty in the past, and we'll have plenty more far worse than this.

so you love someone who has leached hundreds of thousands of pound out of your football club?  work out how much her bill is every year and she has no money of her own owed to her by our club

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Still love Delia, still love the club.  It's been a poor season, we've had plenty in the past, and we'll have plenty more far worse than this.

Pretty much the same. I think she's been negligent putting so much trust and power in the hands of a married couple, but that doesn't mean I don't think she's been a brilliant custodian of this club. In an era of football where it is exceptionally difficult to achieve anything in the top two leagues of English football, we've witnessed a playoff final victory at Wembley and three Championship titles under her and her husband's watch. That we've pissed away the opportunities of the successes doesn't alter the fact that the successes came under her stewardship.

Delia and MWJ have basically been playing Monopoly against people who start with more money and properties and beating a lot of them. The fact of that matter is though, if you're playing people who have hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane whilst your sat there with Pall Mall, the Electric Company and Fenchurch Station you can't realistically expect to reach the top table.

Having said that, the same analogy rings true for why people are so frustrated this year. Because of parachute payments and our brief jaunts in the EPL, our wage budget and squad means that a significant chunk of the Championship can look at us as being the club holding serious property at the business end of the Monopoly board but we're being beaten by teams with much more meagre possessions.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Nobody knows so you can make up your own truth. Once you've made up that truth nobody can dispute it.

I think it's the armchair Arthurs and Agneses that are creating the hold ups. If in fact there are any hold ups. But I'll say there are so that I can blame the armchair brigade.

Could you put that in normal talk? I doubt anyone else knows what you’re  on about. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could you put that in normal talk? I doubt anyone else knows what you’re  on about. 

I thought it was normal talk. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do you have evidence Attanasio is holding things up? I just want a fresh approach, a new vision, and new inspiration. Our current owners are done.

I said I had no reason to suppose anyone was holdings things up. I was simply agreeing with another poster’s point that if anyone was it would be more likely to be Attanasio than Delia.

Takeovers can take a long time in business generally and in football. It took years for Kroenke to move from having a minority stake to owning the club.

As it stands, in less than a year, starting from scratch, Attanasio has already bought a sizeable minority stake of voting shares and also put £10m into the club coffers. And there are more voting shares now available which he may be in the process of buying as part of a formal takeover bid.

I get there is some frustration over the lack of hard news. To be fair the club didn’t help itself by giving the impression there would be an update soon after the creation of those extra voting shares.

43 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think overall they've done a very good job of keeping us competitive despite not having the deep pockets of their rivals.

It's only because of our successes that we find ourselves in the embarrassing position of having a massive wage budget and expensive squad for this level and only being in 10th place. There are clubs with billionaire owners in our league that don't have the wage budget we do. I'm pretty sure I saw something that said they are within the bottom 3 or 4 in the wealth table of Championship football club owners. You can't exactly knock them for not having enough money.

However, what I do blame them for is an abdication of duty with regards to the Webber's. They have pretty much stepped back and let them turn the club into their little fiefdom with zero accountability.

Stuart Webber now has his wife in a role that is effectively Chairman, he's overseen plenty of talent leave and I know from people who work at the club that the place has deteriorated as a place to earn a living and that several staff have flown the nest, some to go and work for them down the road. Webber has appointed a host of millennials into Head of roles, I believe because his fragile ego cannot cope with a more experienced, older head wandering around Colney. So we've ended up with a load of wet-behind-the-ears kids trying to steer the ship. Oh, and now we have one of his best mates in the dugout.

Webber can be (pretty much has been) as appalling at his job as it is possible to be without fear of reprisal. It's criminal on behalf of Delia and MWJ that they have sat back and allowed this situation to continue.

They’ve not done a good job. They’ve squandered every opportunity we’ve had due to their obsession with keeping control of the club. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

They’ve not done a good job. They’ve squandered every opportunity we’ve had due to their obsession with keeping control of the club. 

Bang on the money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

How did we get so many opportunities when others didn't. You were so jealous of QPR and the sainted minted Fernandez. You'd have had him here in a heartbeat. Where were QPR's opportunities and why have they entered into a bond issue that you derided our owners for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pretty much the same. I think she's been negligent putting so much trust and power in the hands of a married couple, but that doesn't mean I don't think she's been a brilliant custodian of this club. In an era of football where it is exceptionally difficult to achieve anything in the top two leagues of English football, we've witnessed a playoff final victory at Wembley and three Championship titles under her and her husband's watch. That we've pissed away the opportunities of the successes doesn't alter the fact that the successes came under her stewardship.

Delia and MWJ have basically been playing Monopoly against people who start with more money and properties and beating a lot of them. The fact of that matter is though, if you're playing people who have hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane whilst your sat there with Pall Mall, the Electric Company and Fenchurch Station you can't realistically expect to reach the top table.

Having said that, the same analogy rings true for why people are so frustrated this year. Because of parachute payments and our brief jaunts in the EPL, our wage budget and squad means that a significant chunk of the Championship can look at us as being the club holding serious property at the business end of the Monopoly board but we're being beaten by teams with much more meagre possessions.

23 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Promotion from the championship is not success for our club, laudable though it is. It’s the start of the road to success. Sadly large swathes of our support have been conditioned into accepting it as the pinnacle of our aspirations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

How did we get so many opportunities when others didn't. You were so jealous of QPR and the sainted minted Fernandez. You'd have had him here in a heartbeat. Where were QPR's opportunities and why have they entered into a bond issue that you derided our owners for?

because the support of our club has paid for the opportunities  she just rode the wave

3 minutes ago, mastoola said:

because the support of our club has paid for the opportunities  she just rode the wave

No point debating with the man, he’ll tie you up with questions and never any answers. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

No point debating with the man, he’ll tie you with questions and never any answers. 

i would like to hear his answer

3 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Why do you think that?

How did the supporters pay for the opportunities?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Why do you think that?

How did the supporters pay for the opportunities?

Really?????   by paying their money week in week out.   Now ask yourself   how much does a directors box ticket cost let alone the private jets for games

9 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Really?????   by paying their money week in week out.   Now ask yourself   how much does a directors box ticket cost let alone the private jets for games

Really?

How much does it cost to underwrite a rights issue?

I don't know how much a directors box ticket costs or how much private jets cost. Perhaps it's in the accounts somewhere. Ask the intelligent posters.

As for opportunities, many of the clubs who have been promoted in the last 15 years have also yoyoed. Some have just yoed and some have made a better fist of it. But all of them have had richer owners who have put in more money, because they could. 

What do you pay your money week in week out for?

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Do you have evidence Attanasio is holding things up? I just want a fresh approach, a new vision, and new inspiration. Our current owners are done.

I don't think anyone has any evidence that there even is a hold up. So blame whoever you want Kenny. You can invent any scenario you want and just go for it.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Really?

How much does it cost to underwrite a rights issue?

I don't know how much a directors box ticket costs or how much private jets cost. Perhaps it's in the accounts somewhere. Ask the intelligent posters.

As for opportunities, many of the clubs who have been promoted in the last 15 years have also yoyoed. Some have just yoed and some have made a better fist of it. But all of them have had richer owners who have put in more money, because they could. 

What do you pay your money week in week out for?

hey dont worry  we should ask an intelligent poster   it will add up to a serious amount of money go check   personally i recon maybe 100k a year with all the extras and yes i have researched it.   i dont pay my money to service owners who cannot afford to service themselves    do you?

1 hour ago, mastoola said:

so you love someone who has leached hundreds of thousands of pound out of your football club?  work out how much her bill is every year and she has no money of her own owed to her by our club

Have you anything to back this up?

Just now, mastoola said:

hey dont worry  we should ask an intelligent poster   it will add up to a serious amount of money go check   personally i recon maybe 100k a year with all the extras and yes i have researched it.   i dont pay my money to service owners who cannot afford to service themselves    do you?

This is a nonsense post 

How much money do you pay to service owners?

how much money does all the supporters of norwich pay to service the owners is more relevant

Edited by mastoola

Just now, mastoola said:

how much money does all the supporters of norwich pay to service the owners is more relevant

Well no it's not really. Because I don't pay anything except a couple of season tickets. What is it you pay to service owners?

2 hours ago, mastoola said:

so you love someone who has leached hundreds of thousands of pound out of your football club?

I really don't know what hundreds of thousands she's been leaching out of the club, it's not even of interest to me, I just follow the team, not the board room spreadsheets.

But what I will say is that, Along with staff employed here, players, managers etc.  Everyone involved is taking money from the club in some sense - it's a business, it's what you do back that counts.  She was also the one that put money on the table and saved us, if it were you then I'd be support what you'd done for the club too.

But more than that, I'd have her and MWJ over a vast majority of clubs owners.  When I look at how the big boys are ran there's no comparison - Like I said, love this club, love the owners.   

People thinking it's going to be greener with MA who spends vast majority of his time back home in the US - It will be a sad day when we no longer see Delia and MWJ supporting the team in person home and away, they're not leaches, but loyal supporters of this club.

If you think that MA and his underwriters are going to throw cash into a pit and not want anything back, then wake up.  Absolutely no previously affiliation or attachment with the club at all, Delia, Webber, MWJ have convinced him that we're a good opportunity.... That's where all this started.

Not a true, natural adoration for the club like the owners we have currently.

Edited by Google Bot

8 hours ago, mastoola said:

An absurd allegation. Man Utd fans would say with some reason that the Glazers are leeching money - millions and millions - out of that club, but it isn't true of Delia and Michael.

• Like 1

I don't think our current owners leach money, but they certainly do not contribute to the club now. We need fresh ideas, a fresh approach and maybe a little investment. 

They have been custodians of our club now its time to give someone else a go...

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I don't think our current owners leach money, but they certainly do not contribute to the club now. We need fresh ideas, a fresh approach and maybe a little investment. 

Have you heard of a guy called Mark Attanasio?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I think overall they've done a very good job of keeping us competitive despite not having the deep pockets of their rivals.

It's only because of our successes that we find ourselves in the embarrassing position of having a massive wage budget and expensive squad for this level and only being in 10th place. There are clubs with billionaire owners in our league that don't have the wage budget we do. I'm pretty sure I saw something that said they are within the bottom 3 or 4 in the wealth table of Championship football club owners. You can't exactly knock them for not having enough money.

However, what I do blame them for is an abdication of duty with regards to the Webber's. They have pretty much stepped back and let them turn the club into their little fiefdom with zero accountability.

Stuart Webber now has his wife in a role that is effectively Chairman, he's overseen plenty of talent leave and I know from people who work at the club that the place has deteriorated as a place to earn a living and that several staff have flown the nest, some to go and work for them down the road. Webber has appointed a host of millennials into Head of roles, I believe because his fragile ego cannot cope with a more experienced, older head wandering around Colney. So we've ended up with a load of wet-behind-the-ears kids trying to steer the ship. Oh, and now we have one of his best mates in the dugout.

Webber can be (pretty much has been) as appalling at his job as it is possible to be without fear of reprisal. It's criminal on behalf of Delia and MWJ that they have sat back and allowed this situation to continue.

The fact these two sentences appear in the same argument is just devoid of rationality. The Webbers have been at the core of rebuilding the club in a business sense to make it stable, survivable, as close to sustainable as it's possible to be at this level, and moreover investable. Suggesting sacking them is the answer to the malaise on matchdays is borderline demented.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Agreed, and my understanding is that it is a conclusion they came to quite a while back. But for them, given their views on trying to safeguard both the future of the club and its ethos, finding the right new owner was never going to be an easy or quick matter.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have you heard of a guy called Mark Attanasio?

But we want change NOW! And if we don’t get it, we will stamp our feet and scream and scream like toddlers! And when it turns out not to bring us instant success we will stamp and scream some more!

What is a joke is the OP, especially with his nonsense about our majority ownerS leaching money out of the club.

If you can’t accept that supporting a football club involves pain as well as joy, frustration as well as elation, boring slogs as well as thrilling rides, then maybe you should take up stamp collecting instead.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 2