Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Webber

56 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Everyone's less desperate at the start of a transfer window than they are towards the end when there are still holes. If you take an attitude of just agreeing to everything then your budget won't go far. You can criticise the outcomes, but the methodology is a necessity on our finances. The fact that he not only commands the confidence of the club's board, but has set the club up to attract credible investment to address this really should answer any ideas that there's an easy fix to be had by getting rid of Webber.

And let's face it: The same people who push this as the easy fix were pushing a change of manager as the easy fix months back; nobody succeeds through flailing mindlessly.

I agree entirely, I don't want Webber gone, I just don't think he's doing a great job at the minute. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Everyone's less desperate at the start of a transfer window than they are towards the end when there are still holes. If you take an attitude of just agreeing to everything then your budget won't go far. You can criticise the outcomes, but the methodology is a necessity on our finances. The fact that he not only commands the confidence of the club's board, but has set the club up to attract credible investment to address this really should answer any ideas that there's an easy fix to be had by getting rid of Webber.

And let's face it: The same people who push this as the easy fix were pushing a change of manager as the easy fix months back; nobody succeeds through flailing mindlessly.

Do we know he sought out the current new investors or was it a general quest through sources or an agency?

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do we know he sought out the current new investors or was it a general quest through sources or an agency?

Delia and Foulger made it the Webber(s) responsibilities.

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We'll soon know if it goes **** up...

7 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I don't want Webber gone, I just don't think he's doing a great job at the minute. 

I think this is probably a lot of people’s view, it’s just getting lost between the people who have already firmly made their mind up that he needs to go and those defending him to the point of absurdity.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think this is probably a lot of people’s view, it’s just getting lost between the people who have already firmly made their mind up that he needs to go and those defending him to the point of absurdity.

Point of absurdity 👍😉

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Delia and Foulger made it the Webber(s) responsibilities.

Was Wynnie out having a quick fag when that decision was taken.🤣😉

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

This wanting people sacked seems a constant theme these days. Which is why I ask if there was any point in sacking Smith. You would hope that change would have calmed things down. Unless it wasn't the change people wanted.

Is 'our lot' really that bad?

On 13/02/2023 at 13:27, Captain Holt said:

I agree entirely, I don't want Webber gone, I just don't think he's doing a great job at the minute. 

This pretty much sums it up.  I don't want him gone, but his 'form' is awful and he has to turn it around soon-ish.  By soon-ish I mean by the end of next season.

I don't think we should fire him, but he is on a yearly rolling contract until June and I think we should be looking at someone new then

I think he's done well, but 6 years is a long time and we need a fresh face with new ideas to build on what he's done

2 hours ago, Chichcan said:

I don't think we should fire him, but he is on a yearly rolling contract until June and I think we should be looking at someone new then

I think he's done well, but 6 years is a long time and we need a fresh face with new ideas to build on what he's done

He isn't, he's on a yearly rolling contract from today. Essentially a 12 month notice period for either party.

3 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

He isn't, he's on a yearly rolling contract from today. Essentially a 12 month notice period for either party.

Is that what it means?

I wasn't sure,  but looking at the Athletic article here

https://theathletic.com/4184890/2021/11/25/norwich-sporting-director-stuart-webber-agrees-new-contract-at-club/

It says "Webber and Norwich's board will now review his situation each summer before committing to the following year."

I took that to mean they could decide to not renew it this summer and he'd be off