1 hour ago, GMF said:

Legally, for a public liability company, a takeover is when someone has 30% or more of the equity. That’s where we’re heading, but not a new majority owner, at least for the foreseeable future. 

And that is taking long enough 🙂

44 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You are not wrong !! Still it’s almost September 

52 minutes ago, BigFish said:

No doubt it’s “all” the fault of those pesky regulators…. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

may manage to steal your crown

Unlike you I need not the petty, ostentatious baubles of showy self agrandisment . My self esteem is not measured in such trinkets of insecurity. I dont walk , i swagger , caused by the swinging of my huuuuge cajones. 

Slimy arrislicking pondlife such as yourself are merely food for those smarter than you.... yet you lap up their rear end juice like it's honey.  

At best you're   a 'useful idiot ' as they say in the trade. Personally  I doubt the useful bit. 

International break now with us. I think Paddy and Connor alluded to shareholders receiving letters during this period ……

44 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

International break now with us. I think Paddy and Connor alluded to shareholders receiving letters during this period ……

Southwell was asked by a fan during the minute by minute for the Huddersfield game if he thought the announcement had been delayed because of the transfer window, and said no to that. Instead he believed the international break was the factor there, without explaining why.

There is an argument - I made it here some time back - that because approval from the Takeover Panel was taking months rather than the couple of weeks had predicted (so not early March) that at some point someone at the club realised we were now in the transfer window, and news of millions of pounds of extra cash would get agents upping their demands.

This happened in Cullumgate, when at least one transfer in was scuppered because the player's agent saw headlines about us having £24m.

So it is possible that was taken into account, but I cannot think why the international break would be a delaying factor. I can see that the annoucement might well come during the international break - I think it will - but not because of it.

• Like 1

Not sure how much the share issue is set to raise and how quickly but can understand why we wouldn’t publicise it in any way during the transfer window. 

Be interesting to see what the next stage entails and the timescales involved.

i think we are likely to hear something  very soon. Maybe tomorrow ! 

Just got a feeling in my water - but it could be my age! 😉 

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Southwell was asked by a fan during the minute by minute for the Huddersfield game if he thought the announcement had been delayed because of the transfer window, and said no to that. Instead he believed the international break was the factor there, without explaining why.

There is an argument - I made it here some time back - that because approval from the Takeover Panel was taking months rather than the couple of weeks had predicted (so not early March) that at some point someone at the club realised we were now in the transfer window, and news of millions of pounds of extra cash would get agents upping their demands.

This happened in Cullumgate, when at least one transfer in was scuppered because the player's agent saw headlines about us having £24m.

So it is possible that was taken into account, but I cannot think why the international break would be a delaying factor. I can see that the annoucement might well come during the international break - I think it will - but not because of it.

May not have been that game. Perhaps the Bristol City game or a Q&A, but within the last week or so.

31 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the formal notification letters are posted tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You must know from this feeling when the OSP minutes will be issued.

29 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Will need some of the more clued up posters on here to explain it all if there is lots of complex legal jargon.

I guess Purple is our man.

Probably rest assured though that a supposed safeguard for shareholders will turn into pay day for lawyers.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I guess Purple is our man.

Probably rest assured though that a supposed safeguard for shareholders will turn into pay day for lawyers.

I will take the compliment and I may have some insights, but I am certainly not the only such poster here.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I was going to suggest that we will hear something from a certain somebody as this thread has been bumped having been slipping down the pages and sure enough the devil has appeared.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was going to suggest that we will hear something from a certain somebody as this thread has been bumped having been slipping down the pages and sure enough the devil has appeared.

I would like to believe that the sentiment of the other of the 2 best posters on here by your own certification namely @Parma Ham's gone mouldy will be the order of the day. Nonetheless the other runner of payday for lawyers with the fans footing the bill and no transparency looks to be the odds on favourite. Which you see as the devil is down to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I will take the compliment and I may have some insights, but I am certainly not the only such poster here.

Whilst there have been numerous financial insights you appear to understand the legal language too.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Whilst there have been numerous financial insights you appear to understand the legal language too.

In a previous existence I had to have a rough working knowledge of the Takeover Code/Panel. As a result I think I was probably ahead of the game in pointing out that this would be the first time the club was going to have to deal seriously with the Code/Panel. And as such that might cause complications. But I confess that I didn't then envisage just how much that seems to have been the case.

A little prediction for when the news drops. The focus in some quarters will, understandably, be on the proposed share allotment price. That’s not really what it should be all about. There’s going to be lots of other information, some of which is quite remarkable.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GMF said:

A little prediction for when the news drops. The focus in some quarters will, understandably, be on the proposed share allotment price. That’s not really what it should be all about. There’s going to be lots of other information, some of which is quite remarkable.

We await the if, buts and maybes surrounding the remarkable information so standby for a couple more pages added to this thread.

2 hours ago, GMF said:

You massive tease !!

remarkable in a good or bad way ??

4 hours ago, Soldier on said:

You massive tease !!

remarkable in a good or bad way ??

I’ve been called a lot worse (winks). I’ll leave it to others to judge what they think. 

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the formal notification letters are posted tomorrow.

I hope you have more luck with receiving this notification than you do with your AGM and EGM correspondence.

6 hours ago, GMF said:

That's all we need. A poster playing the "I know something you don't know"

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope you have more luck with receiving this notification than you do with your AGM and EGM correspondence.

I hope so too. I wasn't too bothered about voting on those occasions but I certainly want to in this case.

I received a messenger this morning at 8.30am saying Twatter is alive with a rumour of a 9am announcement.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I received a messenger this morning at 8.30am saying Twatter is alive with a rumour of a 9am announcement.

See above link Tilly.

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

See above link Tilly.

It appeared as i was posting Greavsy so just sit back and wait for the Guild of Fag Packet Accountants to appear plus of course you know who.

Edited by TIL 1010