Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

Is this Football or Chess?

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

The chess world has actually been very interesting this year…

I came here to say that... I'm waiting for someone to try the same trick on Who Wants to be a Millionaire...

Fun fact about chess - there are more possible different chess games that can be played than there are atoms  in the universe.

Anybody fancy a game online anytime pop over and challenge me on Lichess or Chess.com - my username is GreenYellowArmy. 

4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I've said before that, at it's best, football is like 3 dimensional chess played at 100 mph. No other game like it.

Yes - spatial ability and understanding is a vital skill in both football and chess. 

8 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Fun fact about chess - there are more possible different chess games that can be played than there are atoms  in the universe.

Anybody fancy a game online anytime pop over and challenge me on Lichess or Chess.com - my username is GreenYellowArmy. 

You look a bit better than me, or at least (despite your username) play less often after a few beers or glasses of wine than I do, but I've messaged you on chess.com anyway ...

Edited by Barham Blitz

12 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

You look a bit better than me, or at least (despite your username) play less often after a few beers or glasses of wine than I do, but I've messaged you on chess.com anyway ...

Thanks - I've replied to you on there. Looks like we're both fans of a bit of 3-0 Blitz action. 🙂 Is your username on here an homage to your preferred time format in chess? 

11 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Did Hans Moke Niemann cheat?

I think the only person who truly knows the answer to that is Niemann himself. I'm sure it can't be easy to cheat over the board in elite level chess, but that having been said there's always a big incentive to do so when there are quite large amounts of prize money available. The advent of engines which are stronger players than humans has made all this an issue. 

18 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Did Hans Moke Niemann cheat?

I personally dont think Niemann's online cheating is enough to trash the guy's entire reputation, and Carlsen act like a spoilt brat sore loser. He's a breath of fresh air for the game.