Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

' The Clueless Bean Counter '

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's the funny thing though. It wasn't a results business when we were 2nd. Back then, it was supposed to be all beautiful pirouettes on the way to the goal for it to be worth anything.

Now results are bad, it's back to being a results business.

That's also no true though is it, it was the fact that we could see what was coming. 

It was plain to see that as soon as we come up against anyone half decent, our performances wouldn't hold up and we wouldn't be able to scrape 1-0 wins. 

If we had carried on doing it then fine, yes we'd love sexy football, but it doesn't always happen but at least if we look solid and able to beat the decent teams then fair enough, but the problem is we were fragile in the games we won, we never looked comfortable, and it was very very clear that any half decent team would roll over us. 

• Like 2

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Or in other words, club decision-making should be dictated at all times by a coalition of the disaffected instead of a properly considered approach.

No. Missing the point again. 

People can criticise the club on a forum. Whenever they want and for whatever reason. They know as most of us do we have no say in how the club is run. But we are allowed to disagree with how it is run or how we play. You completely fail to understand this. Almost to the point of embarrassment. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Or…..

some fans feel it is important to play a certain way, when we don’t they understandably want Smith out. 

Other fans feel results are key, these fans understandably are not happy with the current results and feel that this means Smith should go. 

This is how different opinions work. 

I think it’s most likely a combination of the two one can forgive a poor performance if we get a result much like people can forgive a result if we put in a good performance. While Smith got results he bought himself time to try and improve performance. however what we have no is a case of no performance or result which only leads one way. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I just understand that a forum is a place for people to express their views and fine times even vent about a topic. This topic being NCFC. My issue with your unpleasantness is that it’s directed at other posters. 

You have fervently and loudly advocated to get rid of the manager regardless of results, regardless of the team being good with the manager, completely rejecting any merit to a nine game run with 23 out of 27 points, regardless of the opinions of Norwich hall of famers that he can do something good with the club,  denying the existence of any of the good spells there have been in favour of your personal feeling that it's 'turgid crap' and can never possibly improve, regardless of the fact that managerial change is always a massive leap into the unknown that can easily be as bad as it can be good, and you say I have a problem with having to be right all the time.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

27 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

People can criticise the club on a forum. Whenever they want and for whatever reason. They know as most of us do we have no say in how the club is run. But we are allowed to disagree with how it is run or how we play. You completely fail to understand this. Almost to the point of embarrassment. 

I totally understand it. They're entitled as consumers to attack the club and create an atmosphere that promotes apathy and failure. I completely respect that. I see nothing wrong with trying to open their eyes to what they're doing though.

Any “atmosphere that promotes apathy and failure “ is not generated on a Message Board. It is generated in the Boardroom , on the Training Ground and finally on the pitch in the performances which reflect the attitude  and motivation of  the Directors and the Coaching staff. Any toxic postings on this site are a mere reflection of disappointment with the displays and not the cause of those poor performances. There is a difference. 

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I totally understand it. They're entitled as consumers to attack the club and create an atmosphere that promotes apathy and failure. I completely respect that. I see nothing wrong with trying to open their eyes to what they're doing though.

My eyes are open. Hallelujah 😂

Do you completely respect it? I think the insults you throw out for people being cancerous suggests you don’t much. 

as another poster said. You do you, I’ll do me. 

SMITH OUT. 

OTBC

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You have fervently and loudly advocated to get rid of the manager regardless of results, regardless of the team being good with the manager, completely rejecting any merit to a nine game run with 23 out of 27 points, regardless of the opinions of Norwich hall of famers that he can do something good with the club,  denying the existence of any of the good spells there have been in favour of your personal feeling that it's 'turgid crap' and can never possibly improve, regardless of the fact that managerial change is always a massive leap into the unknown that can easily be as bad as it can be good, and you say I have a problem with having to be right all the time.

If you look back at my posts you’ll see very clearly that I didn’t advocate Smith out until our run of poor results began, despite having misgivings of his style when the results came I reluctantly backed him. I posted quite a long post referencing Buh calling out fans to back him or not. I then changed my mind with the utter hopelessness of our later results to reflect what I really feel about Smith as manager. I don’t reject his points in that purple patch, I think thank hod he got those so in spite of his obvious issues we are not completely without hope of play offs. It is turgid crap. That’s not my feeling, that’s the reality. If you think otherwise then your credibility is zero. Try researching your jibes before you throw stones. Makes you look less desperate 

Edited by SwearyCanary

6 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

My eyes are open. Hallelujah 😂

Do you completely respect it? I think the insults you throw out for people being cancerous suggests you don’t much. 

as another poster said. You do you, I’ll do me. 

SMITH OUT. 

OTBC

Yeah, well, you're fully entitled to your opinion. Fingers crossed that the club continues to ignore your idiocy, that we get on a good run, and you can simmer in a corner somewhere about not getting your own way. 

Mind you, no idea how a pathological need to get somebody fired doesn't count as unpleasant. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

If you look back at my posts you’ll see very clearly that I didn’t advocate Smith out until our run of poor results began, despite having misgivings of his style when the results came I reluctantly backed him. I posted quite a long post referencing Buh calling out fans to back him or not. I then changed my mind with the utter hopelessness of our later results to reflect what I really feel about Smith as manager. I don’t reject his points in that purple patch, I think thank hod he got those so in spite of his obvious issues we are not completely without hope of play offs. It is turgid crap. That’s not my feeling, that’s the reality. If you think otherwise then your credibility is zero. Try researching your jibes before you throw stones. Makes you look less desperate 

That was the line when results were good as well. That's been the line anyone's shouted down with when there are any good spells. That's why anyone who keeps resorting to this line has zero credibility. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That was the line when results were good as well. That's been the line anyone's shouted down with when there are any good spells. That's why anyone who keeps resorting to this line has zero credibility. 

Quote me when I said it then. 

Again, I’ll wait. 

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Quote me when I said it then. 

Again, I’ll wait. 

I didn't say it was you saying it back then. You've just started parroting it. 

SwearyParrot?

29 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yeah, well, you're fully entitled to your opinion. Fingers crossed that the club continues to ignore your idiocy, that we get on a good run, and you can simmer in a corner somewhere about not getting your own way. 

Mind you, no idea how a pathological need to get somebody fired doesn't count as unpleasant. 

If anyone should know about being unpleasant, it is you.

Not so long ago you came on here and repeatedly called the rest of us '****ing morons' in a series of vicious rants against your fellow posters.

Any half-decent human being, on waking up the following morning and thinking 'oh my God, I was drunk last night', would instantly go online and apologise profusely, and then lie low for a few weeks in the hope that everyone would forgive and forget.

Not our little birdie. Within a couple of days, he was back to gratuitously insulting his fellow posters and putting himself forward as the voice of reason. 

Less a little birdie and more a spitting cobra, spraying your venom at anyone who doesn't agree with you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Ah, but some of us on here are shareholders! So, under company law, we do have a say in how the club is run. As I've said many times the lack of Corporate governance at the club is quite frightening and the executives fail to recognise this vital point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I just understand that a forum is a place for people to express their views and fine times even vent about a topic. This topic being NCFC. My issue with your unpleasantness is that it’s directed at other posters. 

Kettles, pots, black, etc.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

SwearyParrot?

Brilliant. You really are a wordsmith 😂

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

SwearyParrot?

I see. Giving an opinion later than someone else is less, let’s wait and make my own judgement and more ‘parrot’. Just as long as it’s not your view you don’t seem to care. Much like you not caring about our club 

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I see. Giving an opinion later than someone else is less, let’s wait and make my own judgement and more ‘parrot’. Just as long as it’s not your view you don’t seem to care. Much like you not caring about our club 

Quite interesting reading your comments elsewhere that seem somewhat more moderate than your frequent SMITH OUT outbursts on the end of your random dismissals of my own opinions.

I do find this business of 'caring' in football a puzzling thing. People 'care' so much they just lay abuse at the door of all and sundry responsible for trying to make stuff work. In normal life, people who 'care' like that for others normally get restraining orders put on them.

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Quite interesting reading your comments elsewhere that seem somewhat more moderate than your frequent SMITH OUT outbursts on the end of your random dismissals of my own opinions.

I do find this business of 'caring' in football a puzzling thing. People 'care' so much they just lay abuse at the door of all and sundry responsible for trying to make stuff work. In normal life, people who 'care' like that for others normally get restraining orders put on them.

Lesson to be learned. What are you doing that’s resulting in a less moderate response? Maybe insinuating I should get a restraining order. 

Chicken gets a moderate and measured response because he fundamentally understands the idea of debate and doesn’t litter his posts with poorly veiled snide remarks. 

Can we put this to bed now though? I’ll let you have the last word as I know you can’t resist - unless you don’t respond at all to prove me wrong and finally win a debate - go on I dare you 😂

EDIT: forgot to put SMITH OUT 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Lesson to be learned. What are you doing that’s resulting in a less moderate response? Maybe insinuating I should get a restraining order. 

Chicken gets a moderate and measured response because he fundamentally understands the idea of debate and doesn’t litter his posts with poorly veiled snide remarks. 

Can we put this to bed now though? I’ll let you have the last word as I know you can’t resist - unless you don’t respond at all to prove me wrong and finally win a debate - go on I dare you 😂

EDIT: forgot to put SMITH OUT 

Lesson to be learned is for you to learn the difference between generalised comments and ones specifically targeted at you. For example, if the pronoun 'you' is used, that actually means I'm talking about you. If I was to use no pronouns, one can reasonably assume that the comment isn't targeted at any specific individual as such, and is more intended to describe a pattern of behaviour that some people might subscribe to and others might not. As to whether you think it could be reasonably applied to you or not, only you can judge. 

Very happy to put it to bed. In fact, I'm going back to bed as soon as I've eaten. 

Cheers. 

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Lesson to be learned is for you to learn the difference between generalised comments and ones specifically targeted at you. For example, if the pronoun 'you' is used, that actually means I'm talking about you. If I was to use no pronouns, one can reasonably assume that the comment isn't targeted at any specific individual as such, and is more intended to describe a pattern of behaviour that some people might subscribe to and others might not. As to whether you think it could be reasonably applied to you or not, only you can judge. 

Very happy to put it to bed. In fact, I'm going back to bed as soon as I've eaten. 

Cheers. 

Have a lie-in too.