fredherring

Four wins, top of the league, but...

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

You only have to click on name of the poster or their avatar mate, simples.

You only took a sample of my response, he is a strange person, some of the things he writes to me on several different posts, ( while apparently forgetting who I am) first of all makes no sense and secondly is very weird! Clearly issues of some sort!

1 hour ago, chicken said:

I'll write to the club and ask them to hand out bells, whistles and tambourines for the next performance to ensure it isn't too boring for you. 

Don’t forget the bed sheets and felt tips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Why are all you Smith fans so obsessed with Farke? 🤔

I pay my money, I like to enjoy a game of football, sorry about that! 

I accept your apology. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Why are all you Smith fans so obsessed with Farke? 🤔

I pay my money, I like to enjoy a game of football, sorry about that! 

Why do I have to be a Smith "fan"? Can't I like both Smith AND Farke? Hardly obsessed as someone who is firing off posts ten to a dozen trying their best to stir up trouble is it? The point was more that we have dull games under every manager.

Not arguing whether people like to enjoy watching football or not, but somewhere along the road some people developed this idea that because they pay money to watch it, it suddenly becomes WWE and that paying money equates to being enthralled, entertained, whipped up into a frenzy of ultimate football vibes...

But it's never been the case. There a dull games that end with a dull result. There are dull games that end with a win, there are dull games that end in a loss. That's football. You pay to watch the journey, whatever the twists and turns may be. Dull can be professional, diligently chipping away for the win, not losing the composure or letting go of the game through lack of focus.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chicken said:

Why do I have to be a Smith "fan"? Can't I like both Smith AND Farke? Hardly obsessed as someone who is firing off posts ten to a dozen trying their best to stir up trouble is it? The point was more that we have dull games under every manager.

Not arguing whether people like to enjoy watching football or not, but somewhere along the road some people developed this idea that because they pay money to watch it, it suddenly becomes WWE and that paying money equates to being enthralled, entertained, whipped up into a frenzy of ultimate football vibes...

But it's never been the case. There a dull games that end with a dull result. There are dull games that end with a win, there are dull games that end in a loss. That's football. You pay to watch the journey, whatever the twists and turns may be. Dull can be professional, diligently chipping away for the win, not losing the composure or letting go of the game through lack of focus.

First off, you are the one that brought Farke up, then ran on some nonsense about if I think I have the right to go to football and enjoy it I don’t understand the game ****!

Stir up trouble? Why? Because I don’t agree with you?  All I’ve said is the football at the moment is awful & boring to watch and that if we do go up/get to the playoffs, on the evidence so far it will be the players who are good enough not the manager!

that’s my opinion, you and certain other posters can’t expect that others can have opinions and you are always right!

Take your superiority complex and shove it somewhere it might sting a bit! 😁👍

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

40 minutes ago, chicken said:

You are finding some obtuse reasons for defending that first hour of football. We have established that we are delighted with the result. That doesn't mean we can't tell the truth about the majority of the performance. If you want to believe it was OK, then fine but don't begrudge others posting something different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are finding some obtuse reasons for defending that first hour of football. We have established that we are delighted with the result. That doesn't mean we can't tell the truth about the majority of the performance. If you want to believe it was OK, then fine but don't begrudge others posting something different.

No, I think you'll find I have said that dull doesn't = poor.

And then I have added to that in saying people who think paying money = right to be entertained, when it comes to sport, are incredibly misinformed.

If we have a dull game and have 2/3rds of the possession and win 2-1 then something is going right isn't it? It certainly isn't "poor". Dull maybe (note this isn't saying it wasn't dull, just that in any instance of those stats). I certainly haven't said it's amazing or spectacular.

A bit of a weird response as I've clearly not argued what you are suggesting. 

Edited by chicken

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

First off, you are the one that brought Farke up, then ran on some nonsense about if I think I have the right to go to football and enjoy it I don’t understand the game ****!

Stir up trouble? Why? Because I don’t agree with you?  All I’ve said is the football at the moment is awful & boring to watch and that if we do go up/get to the playoffs, on the evidence so far it will be the players who are good enough not the manager!

that’s my opinion, you and certain other posters can’t expect that others can have opinions and you are always right!

Take your superiority complex and shove it somewhere it might sting a bit! 😁👍

Yes, as evidence of context - as previously explained. Now you are obsessively bringing him up again after having moved on. Strange argument to die on a hill for but if you think it's worth it... though I wasn't the first to bring up Farke in this thread either.

It's not nonsense. You said you wanted to watch football you enjoy. You really must pick up on the "if", it's asking a question. If you think.... then you are misguided. I haven't said you do. I am asking a question of your approach to watching football. Because there are many who think football is an "entertainment" industry and that buying tickets / match passes / streaming subs means that they have to be entertained or they have been short changed. If you don't have that view, then fantastic, but it is one that is fairly commonly out there and a fairly regular debate.

As for a "superiority complex" your projection not mine. And I'll leaving the shoving places it might sting to you, seems you know about that more than me.

As for stirring up trouble, yes you are and you know it. Am I always right? No. Have I held my hands up and stood corrected on here? Yes. I say it as I see it, your first post on this thread started with abuse, if you don't want trouble, why start with ridiculous insults?

You say you have an opinion... That expression is waved around a lot these days and is fairly meaningless. Opinions don't have to be respected. I don't have to respect that former president of the USA told the world that wind turbines cause cancer. Is it an opinion? Sure, it fits the bill. Is it utterly ridiculous? Yes. 

Your claim that the players are some how orchestrating themselves and Dean Smith is sort of doing a football touchline version of David Brent is, well, tenuous. It's more about your dislike of someone you are not prepared to give any credit to whatsoever. Yes, again, it's an opinion. Does anyone have to respect something that is clearly based upon such a bias and pretty much nothing else? No, of course not.

Now you are free to disagree with anything I say. That's how this works. But I'll stick to enjoying football for the tactical elements even if it means watching games that are sometimes dull. They have been dull under every manager I can remember watching teams under. Whether that be watching our NCFC or any other teams I have seen play in my lifetime. I can even recall Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta, Eto'o  et al being below par at times. Just par of the course. In of itself, it isn't evidence to suggest a manager is bad. Especially across one or two games. Especially when the particular manager in question isn't someone that comes without previous reputation or experience of which to base a wider view on.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

Maybe football is becoming outmoded by the adhd media frenzy we're exposed to. In a world of everything on-demand and over saturated it's actually unusual for people to sit for an hour and a half of mostly nothing.

If I'm honest I think we could do with being a bit more boring. Just win the game sometimes around the middle rather than these late goals. Would be much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Maybe football is becoming outmoded by the adhd media frenzy we're exposed to. In a world of everything on-demand and over saturated it's actually unusual for people to sit for an hour and a half of mostly nothing.

If I'm honest I think we could do with being a bit more boring. Just win the game sometimes around the middle rather than these late goals. Would be much better.

Agreed. The absolute worst one was Jackson scoring against Portsmouth. Would have much preferred to have seen that go in on the 23rd minute or something. Then we'd get to have a break between celebrations of the goal and winning the match and promotion at the end. Aaaaahhhh cra'p, does that mean more enjoyment? I retract that... 

Just idly wondering, IF we win our next game and Sheffield Utd don't win against Hull, we will go top of the table having been bottom of the table five games before. Has anyone ever gone from bottom of the table to the top of the table in less than five games? 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just idly wondering, IF we win our next game and Sheffield Utd don't win against Hull, we will go top of the table having been bottom of the table five games before. Has anyone ever gone from bottom of the table to the top of the table in less than five games? 

Careful, sounds like you might be enjoying the next game before it's even started. You're not allowed any optimism here! 😁

In answer to your question, without checking mind you, I suspect the answer is yes. I would also suggest that at this stage of the season teams are switching places frequently owing to it being early on and some teams are finding form after relegation, others might be riding the crest of a wave of momentum from promotion, or perhaps fired up by the disappointment of losing the play off final etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chicken said:

Yes, as evidence of context - as previously explained. Now you are obsessively bringing him up again after having moved on. Strange argument to die on a hill for but if you think it's worth it... though I wasn't the first to bring up Farke in this thread either.

It's not nonsense. You said you wanted to watch football you enjoy. You really must pick up on the "if", it's asking a question. If you think.... then you are misguided. I haven't said you do. I am asking a question of your approach to watching football. Because there are many who think football is an "entertainment" industry and that buying tickets / match passes / streaming subs means that they have to be entertained or they have been short changed. If you don't have that view, then fantastic, but it is one that is fairly commonly out there and a fairly regular debate.

As for a "superiority complex" your projection not mine. And I'll leaving the shoving places it might sting to you, seems you know about that more than me.

As for stirring up trouble, yes you are and you know it. Am I always right? No. Have I held my hands up and stood corrected on here? Yes. I say it as I see it, your first post on this thread started with abuse, if you don't want trouble, why start with ridiculous insults?

You say you have an opinion... That expression is waved around a lot these days and is fairly meaningless. Opinions don't have to be respected. I don't have to respect that former president of the USA told the world that wind turbines cause cancer. Is it an opinion? Sure, it fits the bill. Is it utterly ridiculous? Yes. 

Your claim that the players are some how orchestrating themselves and Dean Smith is sort of doing a football touchline version of David Brent is, well, tenuous. It's more about your dislike of someone you are not prepared to give any credit to whatsoever. Yes, again, it's an opinion. Does anyone have to respect something that is clearly based upon such a bias and pretty much nothing else? No, of course not.

Now you are free to disagree with anything I say. That's how this works. But I'll stick to enjoying football for the tactical elements even if it means watching games that are sometimes dull. They have been dull under every manager I can remember watching teams under. Whether that be watching our NCFC or any other teams I have seen play in my lifetime. I can even recall Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta, Eto'o  et al being below par at times. Just par of the course. In of itself, it isn't evidence to suggest a manager is bad. Especially across one or two games. Especially when the particular manager in question isn't someone that comes without previous reputation or experience of which to base a wider view on.

My god, That's 5 minutes of my life I wont get back! 

To break it down so everyone doesn't have to read it and fall asleep at their keyboard -

1. You don't go to football to be entertained, because "if" people do they are shelf entitled! (coming from you!)

2. In defense of our really pretty poor football under Smith since Nov 21 you sight that you recall Barcelona being below par at times (1or 2 games, really! 🤣🤣😂)  

3. I obsessively bring up Farke (I've typed his name once in response to your drivel)  

4. As for Smith and me comparing him to David Brent.....all made up in your own head Mr Chicken!! 

Sorry folks,  I know its boring when people rant, I will try not to set him/her/them off again. 😜

11 hours ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

You only took a sample of my response, he is a strange person, some of the things he writes to me on several different posts, ( while apparently forgetting who I am) first of all makes no sense and secondly is very weird! Clearly issues of some sort!

You're an absolute nutcase.

• Like 3

Just now, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Ha ha, Here you are!

New day so I assume you have forgotten who I am again!! 

You're that guy who only started posting on here to talk about Dean Smith, and Dean Smith is literally 99% of your entire posting history. Anything else to do with NCFC and you apparently have zero interest.

Just now, hogesar said:

You're that guy who only started posting on here to talk about Dean Smith, and Dean Smith is literally 99% of your entire posting history. Anything else to do with NCFC and you apparently have zero interest.

So let me get this right, you actually believe I could see into the future in 2009! OK!

You might need to sit down for this bit............ unfortunately that's not the case, I had no clue I'm afraid!

99% of all my posts since 2009 about Smith? I'm not convinced, although to be fair, you do seem to turn up on every post I'm in and have been doing your "research" on me, so you are probably right.

2 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

So let me get this right, you actually believe I could see into the future in 2009! OK!

You might need to sit down for this bit............ unfortunately that's not the case, I had no clue I'm afraid!

99% of all my posts since 2009 about Smith? I'm not convinced, although to be fair, you do seem to turn up on every post I'm in and have been doing your "research" on me, so you are probably right.

Yes, 99% of your posts since 2009 are about Smith. It's incredibly weird.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Coming from someone seemingly obsessed with what, where and when I post!!

My god, you've actually gone through them all, this is a bit creepy, Have you seen the series YOU? 

(your wrong by the way, but this is fun)

17 hours ago, baldy09 said:

OH Dear  A FEW  wins and you are on a high horse-  I say give him a little longer then make a informed polite comment yes he doing well but please give it to christmas and see where we are at 

I wouldn't bother replying to Bill, chucks in the odd post like this, then never has the balls to actually debate the responses. He's just a sad coward 🤷

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I had to look after you said that; it's a completely accurate statement, and a good lesson in why statistics have to be taken with a pinch of salt!

I'd just say, I will be treating WMRG with the utmost respect, given that his break in posting from the three posts in 2009 until 2022 is disconcertingly close to the time served for a life sentence at Her Majesty's pleasure. 🙃

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I had to look after you said that; it's a completely accurate statement, and a good lesson in why statistics have to be taken with a pinch of salt!

I'd just say, I will be treating WMRG with the utmost respect, given that his break in posting from the three posts in 2009 until 2022 is disconcertingly close to the time served for a life sentence at Her Majesty's pleasure. 🙃

On reflection I agree, I'm backing out now 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ha ha, says Mr XG!!!!

Also was a inaccurate statement (not very good at maths then?)

I killed someone who loved Dean Smith! 🔪

I like the way you and old hoggy boy are playing like 5 year old's and liking each others posts...very sweet!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, chicken said:

No, I think you'll find I have said that dull doesn't = poor.

And then I have added to that in saying people who think paying money = right to be entertained, when it comes to sport, are incredibly misinformed.

If we have a dull game and have 2/3rds of the possession and win 2-1 then something is going right isn't it? It certainly isn't "poor". Dull maybe (note this isn't saying it wasn't dull, just that in any instance of those stats). I certainly haven't said it's amazing or spectacular.

A bit of a weird response as I've clearly not argued what you are suggesting. 

I don't think dull has been the words used. I called the first half tripe. Maybe that is packed with emotion as I was typing as I was watching, but nevertheless, it was a dreadful match for an hour. If you found it fascinating that is fine, but I think you will find it was only the result that made the night for most.

Anyway its probably best, seeing as we tend to disagree about what we want from watching NCFC that we don't react to each others posts.

I have nothing personal against any poster but tend  to ignore the ones that I will end up with **** for tat posts endlessly dragging on.

Edited by keelansgrandad

On 30/08/2022 at 22:01, percy varco said:

On 30/08/2022 at 22:01, percy varco said:

Happy with where we are in the league. But cannot take to Smith. 
Is it a requirement to like every manager? I dont think so. 
wouldn’t be at all sad if Smith went. 

Like? No, that's not the requirement. Even the players don't have to like him (although sometimes it makes the coaching easier).

Respect? Yup. That's the one. 

Goes both ways. 

Remember some time ago, the Webber comments about fans being unsupportive and sarcastic? Goes both ways here too...

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't think dull has been the words used. I called the first half tripe. Maybe that is packed with emotion as I was typing as I was watching, but nevertheless, it was a dreadful match for an hour. If you found it fascinating that is fine, but I think you will find it was only the result that made the night for most.

Anyway its probably best, seeing as we tend to disagree about what we want from watching NCFC that we don't react to each others posts.

I have nothing personal against any poster but tend  to ignore the ones that I will end up with **** for tat posts endlessly dragging on.

Weird... we have agreed on stuff to old chap. As I said before, there is a difference between what we 'want' from watching to what we believe we have a right to be watching. The two are different.

As WMRG? points out, Barcelona have perhaps one or two dull/poor games a season. That's with hundreds of millions of pounds paid out in signing fees and as much if not more on wages. We are in a different league, but we know that not every game is going to be entertaining, we pay our money knowing that there will be incredibly dull 0-0 draws. Equally we know there will be some incredibly exciting 0-0 draws.

You take the rough with the smooth don't you?

Yes, I when it's a bit dull I like to look for things in how we play to keep me busy. But then I like to try and understand how things work. With football it's tactics and how individual players fit in to the tactics for that game. You know, look at who is doing what off the ball, if nothing much is happening, it's the best time to do it. Especially in a difficult game where it has been difficult to build flowing moves, perhaps due to the opposition stifling us but not able to do anything but that.

I've said it before but I think it's fair to say that many teams will try to do that - to stop us playing. Most sides will know that trying to outplay us will leave them too open. Sunderland gave it a very good go but lacked the quality in the final third and in the end were punished for being too open and us having the better quality - yes, even off the bench.

I think it's likely we'll see a lot of teams try to do the same to us this season.