Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Persistant Standing - Burnley

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder if it was a dad and his under two son/daughter ?

Or they smuggled in a drum? 

Perhaps chief lurker is behind them! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder if it was a dad and his under two son/daughter ?

If we enforce this for anything said about webber  we will have a crowd of 7000 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

now - I can read this two ways. 

1 - its a reminder not to stand, or youll get a stadium ban. OR

2- the usual occupants of these seats have been guilty of persistant standing and received said ban. 

https://www.facebook.com/1FootballAwayDays/photos/1738064873224375

image.png.66d1217f35c55284702ca8035fafb500.png

That lady clapping and sitting is prime suspect number one for who stitched them up 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly these new rules are a follow on from all the recent pitch invasions and troublesome fans in conjunction with clubs "Values" and the nature these days in calling people out on things.

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

That lady clapping and sitting is prime suspect number one for who stitched them up 😂

She looks far from a happy clapper! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sure if one of them was his seat, but this bloke has been banned for standing.

These sort of tweets annoy me to be honest, because he paints himself (imo) as an innocent victim with the club being all nasty.  There is not a chance you receive a letter like this unless you've been warned on numerous occasions to sit down and have then chosen to ignore those warnings.  

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

These sort of tweets annoy me to be honest, because he paints himself (imo) as an innocent victim with the club being all nasty.  There is not a chance you receive a letter like this unless you've been warned on numerous occasions to sit down and have then chosen to ignore those warnings.  

You should read some of the comments on the twitter feed. 

There are a few new comers in the river end upper that think it’s acceptable to sing and not spend the whole game moaning

surely a lifetime ban is coming there way 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You should read some of the comments on the twitter feed. 

The sense of entitlement comes as no surprise to me.

I'm sure we're all guilty of standing at games at certain points, or having to stand for the full 90 at away games.  I have sympathy for fans who want to stand and sing, but unfortunately until safe standing comes in it's not 'safe' and clubs will be punished if they don't crack down on it.  We can debate the safety aspects etc until we're all blue in the face, but the rules are imposed on the clubs externally.

You'd think if you actually wanted to watch the football you'd take it on the chin and just accept that the clubs have their hands tied.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I think the reason he sees himself as a victim is that he says that everybody in his block stands but they’ve singled him out. 

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I think the reason he sees himself as a victim is that he says that everybody in his block stands but they’ve singled him out. 

Yes, I'm sure that is what he claims.  I'd wager that there is a lot of standing going on, but the majority listen when they're told to sit and a few of the regulars get a bit heated with the minimum wage stewards who've been told to try enforce the rules.

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

He also says they have started at the front of the block and are working backwards. 

I guess that makes sense, as once the people in the front stand up , no one else has a choice. Its like a reverse domino! 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

now - I can read this two ways. 

1 - its a reminder not to stand, or youll get a stadium ban. OR

2- the usual occupants of these seats have been guilty of persistant standing and received said ban. 

https://www.facebook.com/1FootballAwayDays/photos/1738064873224375

image.png.66d1217f35c55284702ca8035fafb500.png

Be funny as hell if this individual is one of those banned.....

image.jpeg.a317779f1200bf00fdc14811c957a045.jpeg