Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

It was 50 years ago today

19 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Really? - that's pretty cool. I wasn't born then. My first game was the last home game of the 84-85 season, after which we were relegated, so basically the opposite of your experience!

Wasn’t born ?……..wasn’t born ? That’s no b*oody excuse ! 😉

Incidentally ( from pedants corner ) the Eastern Football News was always known as the Pink Un and if you look closely it’s in brackets under the EFN title.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That means that we're 4 days away from the 50th anniversary of our first top flight win at Portman Road💛💚

That was a cracking night!  

17 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Lots to enjoy there. Not much has changed. "Everton: they were a disappointment last season". And the Norwich game last on Match of the (Week). 

A lot has changed since then. Notice not one hand was placed on an opponents person, as per the rules of football. 

As a ten year old I was so disappointed to not be able to go our first game in the top flight. My family were involved in farming and the harvest was in full swing so that room priority. Bone and Cross were certainly a good partnership and also Forbes and Stringer. 

Did anyone else notice that Keelan had a club badge on his shirt but none of the outfield players did? He still remains my favourite keeper of my time in watching the team. And this was when you could pass the ball back to the keeper and they could pick it up.  

I was there ... but can remember a thing about it 🥴 

Even the highlights failed to spark a memory of the match itself although good to see some of the old players 😃

3 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

I was there , the atmosphere was great after one of the best ever season , lots of thought we would never make it to the the top league , just the thought of Man Utd Chelsea Spurs ect coming to Carrow road was so exciting. Jimmy bone and David Cross up front worked well for us . Unfortunately like so many seasons in top flight did not last , biggest disappointment was the fact that George Best never turned up for the game at Carrow Road so never got to see him play . 

I remember seeing Best play at CR - he was with Rodney Marsh so I am guessing Fulham but cant recall what year. He wasnt very impressive as I recall 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Oh no. Thats your street cred gone.😂

Not sure i had any to start with. 

37 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

I remember seeing Best play at CR - he was with Rodney Marsh so I am guessing Fulham but cant recall what year. He wasnt very impressive as I recall 

Yeah, I can’t remember it that well but I think he came on as a sub and treated it like a testimonial 

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Wasn’t born ?……..wasn’t born ? That’s no b*oody excuse ! 😉

Incidentally ( from pedants corner ) the Eastern Football News was always known as the Pink Un and if you look closely it’s in brackets under the EFN title.

Haha. I can only apologise. Will have a word with my parents and ask them to have met sooner.

And I love pedantry. Can't get enough of it.

Blimey i must be getting on as i was on duty that day and the visiting Scousers were even a nuisance back then.