Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Watford v Blades

I think Watford, Burnley, Sheffield UTd will all be up there. Watford and Sheff Utd currently looking like they have well established teams without too many new players. Advantage them.

I get the feeling that if we do turn out to be a decent side this year, we will come late into the picture 

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t see our defence holding Watford’s attack

Watford's attack are currently doing a pretty good job of holding Watford's attack. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dennis is clearly the best player in this league, he and Sarr will cause havoc

The rest of the league's chances rest on whether theyre still at watford come September

The only havoc they're causing at the minute is for the fans sat behind the goal. Been very much lacking in quality in the final third. 

That counter attack for their goal was frightening, we certainly don't posses that threat going forward 

2 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

That counter attack for their goal was frightening, we certainly don't posses that threat going forward 

"Frightening" is a bit OTT, Sheffield Utd just stopped, but I would be sending Sargent and Rashica a video of it and saying "THIS PLEASE" in great big huge caps underneath

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

"Frightening" is a bit OTT, Sheffield Utd just stopped, but I would be sending Sargent and Rashica a video of it and saying "THIS PLEASE" in great big huge caps underneath

Are you honestly telling me you expected the Sheffield United defence to do better against that counter attack? lol

Looking at it on paper, I'm not sure Shef Utd have strengthened their team at all really. 

Additions so far are;
- Anel Ahmedhodžić, a 23yr old CB from Malmo, though he had spent time at Nottingham Forrest as a youngster. Potential, yes, certainly, having played on loan for Bordeaux last season.
- Tommy Doyle, a 20yr old striker on loan from Man City. Was on loan at Cardiff last season where he scored 2 goals in 20 appearances, 17 of which were starts.
- Ciaran Clark, 32(33 in September)yr old CB on loan from Newcastle. 14 appearances last season, one red card.
- Reda Khadra, 21yr old winger/AM on loan from Brighton. 27 league appearances last season for Blackburn on loan, 18 starts, 4 goals.

Not too shabby, I think the BBC feed summed it up.
image.png.b005cc73f43e5717072109b01cc0ea6e.png
If you are looking to Billy Sharp, at 36, or Rhian Brewster at 23 to get you back in the game, I'm not sure that there is much depth there at all. Don't get me wrong, Sharp has been brilliant over the years for them, but he is certainly in the latter stages of his career now. Brewster is yet to really impress, could be his time I guess, might not be.

Pretty sure at this point there could be a random Sunday league game on and Norwich fans would be saying 'oh jeez we haven't got a chance against these' and Rashica wouldn't be up to the physicality  😅

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Are you honestly telling me you expected the Sheffield United defence to do better against that counter attack? lol

Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't have expected one of the two defending players who the ball passed within 3ft of to have actually collected the ball and ended the counter?

It was a good move, but Watford have spurned chance after chance and this was at least partially about luck. 

Oh and lol to you too, cupcake. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't have expected one of the two defending players who the ball passed within 3ft of to have actually collected the ball and ended the counter?

It was a good move, but Watford have spurned chance after chance and this was at least partially about luck. 

Would love to see a better angle of Sarr when the pass was made too, looked fractionally offside... more than Pukki's armpit hair IMHO.

But yes, to have two players more or less have the ball at their feet and watch it roll by without doing anything... unforgiveable. I mean at least one of ours would have swung a foot at it and fallen over... 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not when they are running back out of position like that against those three running at them at pace no I don't, that is a great counter attack as the tweet says. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Not when they are running back out of position like that against those three running at them at pace no I don't, that is a great counter attack as the tweet says. 

Eh?...one of those 2 defenders could have just kicked the ball back to his keeper, it was right in front of him?. Instead he watched the ball roll straight past him

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

I would say its a good counter attack, wet defending aside. Why you would leave only 2 men back away at a team with the speed of Watford however...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Burnley after one match have looked the Daddies so far, that said it means FA. 

I do think Huddersfield will be very poor this year. Over achieved last season and lost the manager and 2 best players. Sheffield United were on fire at the end of last season. On nearly as good a run as Forrest. Want to see Burnley play a team that will be around the top 6 before I would say they are the daddies.