Huddersfield haven't taken up the permanent option for Daniel Sinani. 

What the future holds for him here I have no idea, guess Smith with have a look at him and go from there.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Could be useful this season.

He can't be any worse than Hernandez & Placheta

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

He can't be any worse than Hernandez & Placheta

He could be worse than Onel, who is pretty solid at this level.

The sense I've got from Huddesfield fans is Sinani is very inconsistent- either looks great or terrible and you never know which version is showing up. 

• Like 4

As fun as it would be to have a Luxemburger on the team I highly doubt he'll make a side that's aiming to become more athletic.

Almost certainly signed to flip a coupl eof years later and as an okay Championship player we'll make a profit on our small outlay.

1 minute ago, HB1989 said:

What's with the obsession of criticism of Hernandez, Move Klose? 

Hes not very good. That's why he only played a bit part for us last time we were at this level. 

Unfortunately I think he falls into that category that people think he's better than what he is because "he loves the club"

His stats for us last time we were at this level don't make for good reading, 0 goals 0 assists in over 20 apps.

I’m a little concerned, for months we’ve been told by some posters on here that, it wasn’t smiths fault it was these players, give him the summer to build his squad and yet every day I read when players come back, they’ll be useful in this coming season! So if we keep all these players then how’s Smith going to build his squad with the same ****e from last season?

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Hes not very good. That's why he only played a bit part for us last time we were at this level. 

Unfortunately I think he falls into that category that people think he's better than what he is because "he loves the club"

His stats for us last time we were at this level don't make for good reading, 0 goals 0 assists in over 20 apps.

That's because of injuries. 13 of his appearances were for 15 minutes or less, and he only started six. 

I wouldn't be opposed to him staying next season, but I do feel he should be moved on. Placheta has to be binned, but if Rashica goes too, maybe there's a slot for Hernandez.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m a little concerned, for months we’ve been told by some posters on here that, it wasn’t smiths fault it was these players, give him the summer to build his squad and yet every day I read when players come back, they’ll be useful in this coming season! So if we keep all these players then how’s Smith going to build his squad with the same ****e from last season?

It's the same people who forget the main reason we won the championship the last 2 times we've been there. And his name is Emi Buendia. 

• Like 4

Give him preseason and see how he looks. I suspect he may fall in terms of the quality we are looking for.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's because of injuries. 13 of his appearances were for 15 minutes or less, and he only started six. 

I wouldn't be opposed to him staying next season, but I do feel he should be moved on. Placheta has to be binned, but if Rashica goes too, maybe there's a slot for Hernandez.

If we are relying on the likes of Hernandez, Placheta, Hugill etc then I don't think this season will have the outcome people think it will.

There's a reason when Hernandez left Boro that he ended up at Birmingham and not a side pushing for promotion, same as Hugill when he left WBA. They are both bottom half champ players.

For all the moments and the entertainment off the pitch even peak 18/19 Hernandez was pretty average. I'd honestly rather we stuck with Placheta as our fast, brainless winger to bring on from the bench.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

If we are relying on the likes of Hernandez, Placheta, Hugill etc then I don't think this season will have the outcome people think it will.

There's a reason when Hernandez left Boro that he ended up at Birmingham and not a side pushing for promotion, same as Hugill when he left WBA. They are both bottom half champ players.

We certainly shouldn't be relying on any of those as regular starters, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Hernandez and Hugill stay as backups, although ideally I'd move them both on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

For all the moments and the entertainment off the pitch even peak 18/19 Hernandez was pretty average. I'd honestly rather we stuck with Placheta as our fast, brainless winger to bring on from the bench.

Placheta hasn't shown anything in his time here to suggest he's better than Hernandez.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sadly, I agree about Hernandez, although if the spirit within the squad is as shot as it seems, his enthusiasm might be good to have around.

As for Placheta, I just can't see the argument. He's had plenty of chances and done nothing with them. Smith seems to like him, though.  

Rashica is a tough call (assuming he wants to stay). He's looked the best of a bad bunch, but I think we can probably get better for the money we might raise by selling him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Placheta hasn't shown anything in his time here to suggest he's better than Hernandez.

They were telling us how quick Placheta is when he signed, I haven't seen him run past anyone in 2 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Sadly, I agree about Hernandez, although if the spirit within the squad is as shot as it seems, his enthusiasm might be good to have around.

As for Placheta, I just can't see the argument. He's had plenty of chances and done nothing with them. Smith seems to like him, though.  

Rashica is a tough call (assuming he wants to stay). He's looked the best of a bad bunch, but I think we can probably get better for the money we might raise by selling him.

I still dont even think Placheta is that quick or he almost certainly never skins players like we were lead to believe when he came here. One to ship out on loan and try & get some resale value on him. Hernadez could be a good bit part player for us this season, if only to add some morale to a morale depleted team.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't think he's been fantastic but there were a few spells in games under Smith in which I thought it appeard to be coming together. I remember being surprised at the quality of a few balls he put into the box and he's obviously greased lightning. Those 2 things could make him a handy option under a manger playing a simpler game.

Personally, we have a solid core of players who can get us up the championship and for me the fringe players have shown they’re not good enough, we need to move on the majority of the likes of Hernandez, Placheta, Hugill, Zimmermann, McLean and all the others who aren’t that young with potential. Surely it’s better to open up a few spaces for new players Smith wants and then build on the youngsters for the future, Rowe, Omobamdele two who really a must play to gain experience in the championship. Mumba, MaCullum two youngsters who might also be pushing to be in our squad.

13 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We certainly shouldn't be relying on any of those as regular starters, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Hernandez and Hugill stay as backups, although ideally I'd move them both on. 

Agree- they shouldn't be starters but say we sell Rashica, Placheta and Tzois, I'd rather we spent decent money on one quality player in that position and kept Onel as backup, rather than spent less on two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I still dont even think Placheta is that quick or he almost certainly never skins players like we were lead to believe when he came here. One to ship out on loan and try & get some resale value on him. Hernadez could be a good bit part player for us this season, if only to add some morale to a morale depleted team.

There was one game near the end of the season - I can't remember which. He skinned his defender and stole at least a couple of yards. But then he had no idea what to do, so the defender caught up with him. It was as if his feet were operating on a different timescale from his brain. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think he's been fantastic but there were a few spells in games under Smith in which I thought it appeard to be coming together. I remember being surprised at the quality of a few balls he put into the box and he's obviously greased lightning. Those 2 things could make him a handy option under a manger playing a simpler game.

I think this idea of playing a simpler game next season is probably key. To be honest, I get the feeling that Smith wouldn't be that sad to see Pukki leave because then he could simplify the whole gameplan. A player like Pukki needs a sophisticated style of play to bring out the best in him; I haven't seen anything remotely like sophistication from Dean Smith. My prediction is that Pukki will leave, our style will become much simpler, and our reaction to that as fans will probably depend on whether it delivers results.

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Personally, we have a solid core of players who can get us up the championship and for me the fringe players have shown they’re not good enough, we need to move on the majority of the likes of Hernandez, Placheta, Hugill, Zimmermann, McLean and all the others who aren’t that young with potential. Surely it’s better to open up a few spaces for new players Smith wants and then build on the youngsters for the future, Rowe, Omobamdele two who really a must play to gain experience in the championship. Mumba, MaCullum two youngsters who might also be pushing to be in our squad.

Im not sure I agree with you on McLean. He could surely be one the championships top performers next season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

They were telling us how quick Placheta is when he signed, I haven't seen him run past anyone in 2 years.

You'd think it'd be blindly obvious to play the ball into space on his side, but his positioning and awareness just doesn't seem to be there.  He never plays on the shoulder, and constantly moves back to receive the ball at feet.  I just don't get it.

Pukki looks faster from a standing position to me.

• Like 1

Just now, jaberry2 said:

Im not sure I agree with you on McLean. He could surely be one the championships top performers next season. 

Yes no doubt but he’s so poor in the premiership and it’s a position we need to get new blood in, we need an upgrade on McLean!

Just now, canarybubbles said:

I think this idea of playing a simpler game next season is probably key. To be honest, I get the feeling that Smith wouldn't be that sad to see Pukki leave because then he could simplify the whole gameplan. A player like Pukki needs a sophisticated style of play to bring out the best in him; I haven't seen anything remotely like sophistication from Dean Smith. My prediction is that Pukki will leave, our style will become much simpler, and our reaction to that as fans will probably depend on whether it delivers results.

Pukki doesnt need that much, just intelligent through balls which the likes of Dowell would be competent enough at Championship level to provide. We do lack creativity and any lack of threat from set pieces, which both points need to be addressed urgently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

You'd think it'd be blindly obvious to play the ball into space on his side, but his positioning and awareness just doesn't seem to be there.  He never plays on the shoulder, and constantly moves back to receive the ball at feet.  I just don't get it.

Pukki looks faster from a standing position to me.

Because his brain is quicker.

I think we need to be building for a premier league squad, not use the players we have, we need new blood, Smith style and not huge changes on promotion, build now to survive, not just to go up!