Sign in to follow this  
Ian

We all agree we needed a DM, but...

Norwich have the fewest shots (336), fewest shots on target (100) and lowest shot conversion rate (7%) of all Premier League sides this season. (BBC)

How have we gone from scoring for fun last season to being the worst attacking side in the division this time out?

If the answer is Buendia then I think we could be in difficulties next season too. 

Emi was the main reason we got promoted twice but the Championship gets worse every year and the overall strength of the team should have improved by August 

A competent defensive midfielder would have allowed us more of the ball going the other way. We'd have undoubtubly seen more from our more creative midfielders.

I have no doubts we'll have more than enough quality to get promoted next season. Getting the culture/atmosphere/whatever you want to call it behind the scenes right will play as big a part in quality of players though. I'm less confident about that.

• Like 1

Problem is two fold, the first part is we lost our most creative player who made almost all of our chances. Lost our ball winning holding midfielder. 

the second part is that neither were adequately replaced. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Emi was the main reason we got promoted twice but the Championship gets worse every year and the overall strength of the team should have improved by August 

I really don't know what Pukki has to do with some fans for him to be fully appreciated. It's a shame that the moment some realise just how good and important he has been to the club will be once he's gone.

Undoubtedly a good player but Emi has now failed to impress with 2 teams in the PL, and Pukki has shown he can score without him. Pukki far more important for us next season.

• Like 1

The EPL is just a rich man’s ego trip these days. 

Might be time to dump Sky Sports. 

35 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I really don't know what Pukki has to do with some fans for him to be fully appreciated. It's a shame that the moment some realise just how good and important he has been to the club will be once he's gone.

Undoubtedly a good player but Emi has now failed to impress with 2 teams in the PL, and Pukki has shown he can score without him. Pukki far more important for us next season.

i Agree if i was Pukki after the service he has had this season i would seriously thing about leaving for a team that plays to my style of play 

the amount of running and Pressing  for no reward he has done this season 

must be so down hearting after being so isolated every game 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i Agree if i was Pukki after the service he has had this season i would seriously thing about leaving for a team that plays to my style of play 

the amount of running and Pressing  for no reward he has done this season 

must be so down hearting after being so isolated every game 

If he played for Man City he’d score 30 a year 

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Norwich have the fewest shots (336), fewest shots on target (100) and lowest shot conversion rate (7%) of all Premier League sides this season. (BBC)

How have we gone from scoring for fun last season to being the worst attacking side in the division this time out?

If the answer is Buendia then I think we could be in difficulties next season too. 

Change in tactics due to loss of personnel. Failure to replace Cantwell in either window. Playing strikers on the right wing leading to an unbalanced lineup. Lack of supply to Pukki because we were unable to pass the ball more than a couple of times between ourselves. Confidence through the floor because we can't defend, because we didn't bother replacing our two outgoing DMs. Yes Buendia is part of that, but very, very poor recruitment is the real answer. 

You have to have a good platform from which your more attacking players can perform.  If only Lungi had given us that base.

• Like 1