Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

How I would face teams going forward...

Honestly, right now, I'd try this...

Push Rashica up to shadow Pukki with Normann sitting behind. Those three will give teams something to think about defensively. We know that Rashica is quick and Normann can thread balls / shoot from range and hold the ball. This also means Pukki won't be as isolated.

Now we actually have a goal threat... midfield has been terrible... so let's go with some grafters...

Kabak as a defensive midfielder. He can drive with the ball, good in the air. Big and strong. Sarg on the right purely for his determination, work rate and overall support. Giannoulis on the left. He's got all the right technical elements to be decent as a midfield left both defensively and going forward. He's an excellent crosser of the ball and would be solid cover for Williams where needed.

Defence is the biggest issue for me. We probably have no choice but to go with Gibson and Hanley, then it's Williams and Byram as full backs with Giannoulis and Sarg helping out where needed.

Krul is a clear choice in goal.

Thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-03-10 101127.png

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Push Rashica up to shadow Pukki with Normann sitting behind. Those three will give teams something to think about defensively. We know that Rashica is quick and Normann can thread balls / shoot from range and hold the ball. This also means Pukki won't be as isolated.

Now we actually have a goal threat... midfield has been terrible... so let's go with some grafters...

Kabak as a defensive midfielder. He can drive with the ball, good in the air. Big and strong. Sarg on the right purely for his determination, work rate and overall support. Giannoulis on the left. He's got all the right technical elements to be decent as a midfield left both defensively and going forward. He's an excellent crosser of the ball and would be solid cover for Williams where needed.

Defence is the biggest issue for me. We probably have no choice but to go with Gibson and Hanley, then it's Williams and Byram as full backs with Giannoulis and Sarg helping out where needed.

Thoughts?

Where’s McLean? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Here's my dream team which is sadly just a dream team due to injuries and such... What do we think?

teammmmm.png

Again, where's McLean?

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

Thoughts?

Wouldn't play any of the loanees from this point.    We are down, they are surplus, give our own staff a go. 

Would go with: -

Krul or Gunn

Aarons, Hanley, Byram as a sweeper (Culverhouse role), Giannoulis 

Rupp, Sorensen, Lees-Melou, Rashica

Tzolis, (Rowe), Pukki.... we could do with a big man up top to hold up the ball (not Hugill) and help Pukki out but we don't have one.

Better off playing Tzolis to get him some experience and at least give him a chance. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where’s McLean? 

As if one of our own midfielders lives this rent-free in your head.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just now, hogesar said:

As if one of our own midfielders lives this rent-free in your head.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Great reply Hoggy, your on fire again. 

5 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Thoughts?

Our weak midfield looks even weaker.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Here's my dream team which is sadly just a dream team due to injuries and such... What do we think?

teammmmm.png

This goes a long way to explain why we're returning to the second tier. Pleased to see two Irishmen in your selection though!

The formation builder template makes this look a bit weird but essentially its a back 3 with wingbacks, with the two 'wingers' actually playing a bit narrower to get close to Pukki. Bit harsh on Williams but we need the width and you could happily swap Byram out for Kabak.

lineup.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

This goes a long way to explain why we're returning to the second tier. Pleased to see two Irishmen in your selection though!

I dont know I feel that my team could make top six in the championship next season..

But yeah surviving in the Prem with them would be a different kettle of fish