lake district canary

Three matches to savour

On 24/02/2022 at 12:37, lake district canary said:

If my auntie had balls......etc, but if we can win the next three games, we will not only be in the last 8 of the cup, but on 23 points with a game in hand over Brentford. Now I don't know what other teams around us will do, but if we can win these games, it sets up the run in to the end of the season with still a lot of interest for us. There will a concertina effect of dragging other teams into the relegation fight and we will be in the thick of it - and still in the cup.

You always have to win your own games to achieve anything and we can still do that. Eight days to decide how the season will look, starting tomorrow. Lose them and it looks bleak, but win them and our season has taken off - big time. 

Much to be excited about, a tantalising, season defining, week coming up. Three matches to shape the season.

Get excited!

You been on the splifs again?

23 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

This thread is more proof of reactions based on poster rather than post, which is just bizarre hit very interesting.

On Saturday Ricardo declared we were relegated months ago. Zero reaction. He’s lauded as one of the best posters on here…because he does a match report? Because he’s old? Because he’s been a member for a long time? Now I have no idea who he is or what sort of person he is. But in all honesty as a poster I generally find him very negative (whilst claiming it’s just realism) and also extremely condescending when challenged. He’s also wildly inaccurate when making predictions yet somehow has the aura of an oracle. But I don’t criticise every post because of who he is, and in fact if I look back I guarantee I have liked a lot of his posts and been very complimentary in conversation with him.

This isn’t supposed to be a Ricardo bashing post but merely an example of one poster who is portrayed in the opposite to my general opinion but who, along with everyone else, deserves their post to be read before a reaction is made. And if an automatic, subconscious reaction forms, surely the time between auto response and writing a reply, the brain will kick in and the poster will realise just how unnecessary their reaction is? 

I find LDC (and many others) is judged simply for being LDC and not for what he posts.

I entirely agree with the OP and will remain forever the optimist until it is mathematically certain we are down or are out of the cup etc. I don’t understand the thought process of thinking or saying we were relegated months ago or we’re doomed etc. if you believe that then why bother going/watching? Do posters get satisfaction out of acting all knowing? They may well be right and we get relegated but it is not done and dusted yet. Records are there to be broken and what an amazing story it would be.

We have seen many Norwich miracles in our time, and many in the last decade or so. So many special special moments. Who’s to say the great escape won’t happen and become the next in a long line of fantastic city moments.

The man's an attention seeker.

Who knows when to stir the pot.

With zero credibility.

Should be treat like the fool/troll/WUM that he is.

I wonder after a night like tonight what LDC thinks after settling down with his Horlicks and reading this thread back.....

If tonight was to be savoured, im sorry you were disappointed.

Just now, BarclayWazza said:

I wonder after a night like tonight what LDC thinks after settling down with his Horlicks and reading this thread back.....

Give the man a chance! It’s a long trek back from Southampton to Cumbria. 

14 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Yup, disappointed.  Outplayed and outthought. I thought Southampton were a really good side tonight, but it is hard to think anything other than we just aren't cutting it in midfield. Looked a lot better when Rupp and PLM came on and I thought Pukki did well with the scraps he was given, turning nothing balls into possible chances. Gunn did pretty well too.

On to the next one I guess, hope for better in the cup - maybe Rupp and PLM will get a start in that.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yup, disappointed.  Outplayed and outthought. I thought Southampton were a really good side tonight, but it is hard to think anything other than we just aren't cutting it in midfield. Looked a lot better when Rupp and PLM came on and I thought Pukki did well with the scraps he was given, turning nothing balls into possible chances. Gunn did pretty well too.

On to the next one I guess, hope for better in the cup - maybe Rupp and PLM will get a start in that.

Fair comments, we’re all deep down gutted but react in different ways. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

We had the chances in every match, but didn't take them. No point in crying about it though, the season moves on. Got to hope we get something off Chelsea and Leeds. 

Put the crack pipe down.

Better yet, pass it to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We had the chances in every match, but didn't take them. No point in crying about it though, the season moves on. Got to hope we get something off Chelsea and Leeds. 

More Lakey more! This is hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Jesus farcking christ.....

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2022 at 12:37, lake district canary said:

If my auntie had balls......etc, but if we can win the next three games, we will not only be in the last 8 of the cup, but on 23 points with a game in hand over Brentford. Now I don't know what other teams around us will do, but if we can win these games, it sets up the run in to the end of the season with still a lot of interest for us. There will a concertina effect of dragging other teams into the relegation fight and we will be in the thick of it - and still in the cup.

You always have to win your own games to achieve anything and we can still do that. Eight days to decide how the season will look, starting tomorrow. Lose them and it looks bleak, but win them and our season has taken off - big time. 

Much to be excited about, a tantalising, season defining, week coming up. Three matches to shape the season.

Get excited!

That went well

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Nurse nurse I feel worse  !

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I hope you will all come back and apologise if we get 4 to 6 points over the next two games. It's football - anything can happen.

And if we don't get 4 to 6 points, what will you do for us? How about you leave this forum and disappear up your own hole?

Serious question - does someone have to look after you?

Lakey, your optimism is admirable. What I’d like to know is at what point do you feel the end is nigh? Are you waiting for it to be a mathematical possibility? I guess with 33 points up for grabs we have mid table within our sights 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I hope you will all come back and apologise if we get 4 to 6 points over the next two games. It's football - anything can happen.

Apologise for what?