Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

At least a month without club football

The EFL will start on 30 July next year and the season will pause on 12 November until 10 December. If we are still in the EPL it will not resume until Boxing Day.

Ridiculous just so a few people could line their pockets at FIFA.  At least I have football manager to tide me over the drought!

God, if covid is still a problem by then, then a winter world cup is going to be hell for the health service.

Big decisions on how to handle squads during this period. Whether they get a bit of time off or keep in training.

Edit. Suspect maybe some friendlies get arranged

Edited by KiwiScot

Still crazy to believe the Qatar world cup is actually going to happen. While the corruption at FIFA really knows no bounds, I had kind of half expected a change of host at some point over the last 4/5 years.

• Thanks 1

If you are an EFL club which seems likely given our position.  Taking out a month but ending the season as usual first week in May means fixtures will be more congested than normal.  And a whole month without matches will lead to players losing their match fitness.  More injuries are likely in this scenario.  Infantino madness coming from Blatter/Platini greed, how about a World Cup every 12 months ask Arsene if will agree if his masters propose.  FIFA greed stuff the players we want the money.