lake district canary

It's not over. The season is not finished, how can it be?

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the balance is what you perceive. I would wager the opinion is tilted toward changing the coach.

Yet there was not a peep about that for 90 mins from 25,000 yesterday. 

It could be just under the surface but hasn't happened yet. If we win on Saturday it may not rise to the surface.

For me Lakey's right to keep some positivity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

....and revels in it.....

Funnily enough, not really. I would much prefer it if more people agreed with me, then I wouldn't feel the need to post as much as I do. I believe in people and the quality of some of our managers has been first rate, even when things went sour for them, as they often do and don't think throwing them away when things go sour is always necessary. Roeder, yes, but most others that I can think of, not really.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Funnily enough, not really. I would much prefer it if more people agreed with me, then I wouldn't feel the need to post as much as I do. I believe in people and the quality of some of our managers has been first rate, even when things went sour for them, as they often do and don't think throwing them away when things go sour is always necessary. Roeder, yes, but most others that I can think of, not really.

Peter Grant and Neil Adams are two that I hold in esteem....

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

With 84 points to play for, top four isn’t out of the equation! Champions league football is what we should be aiming for…..I love your positivity Lakey.👍😘

From what I've seen of other teams, quite a few of them can be got at, even the supposed better teams and if we get a bit of confidence, there should be some good battles ahead in search of points.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why do you think so many don’t agree with you, and why do you not at least respect their opinions?

Also, be honest, you love posting your daily sermon, and then regularly adding a little something extra every hour or so to keep it near the top of the board.  The more pages it reaches, the happier you are.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

From what I've seen of other teams, quite a few of them can be got at, even the supposed better teams and if we get a bit of confidence, there should be some good battles ahead in search of points.

So basically other teams aren’t that good but we haven’t managed to beat any of them. 

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Why do you think so many don’t agree with you, and why do you not at least respect their opinions?

Also, be honest, you love posting your daily sermon, and then regularly adding a little something extra every hour or so to keep it near the top of the board.  The more pages it reaches, the happier you are.

Why should I respect others opinions when they don't respect mine?  I get enough likes and comments to show me there are people out who agree with me, who maybe don't want to post about it - perhaps partly because they see the reaction I get when I try to be constructive.

Your second paragraph is just churlish.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why should I respect others opinions when they don't respect mine?  I get enough likes and comments to show me there are people out who agree with me, who maybe don't want to post about it - perhaps partly because they see the reaction I get when I try to be constructive.

Your second paragraph is just churlish.

But if you’re honest with yourself I’m sure you’d have to admit there’s an element of truth to it, otherwise why would you keep it going day after day after day, banging the same old drum?

Edited by Naturalcynic

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

28 games and a game where we could pick up points next week and a two week break to regroup. It's awful not getting points or wins, like we are used to seeing, but the truth is still there - there are 28 more games.  All we can do is look forward to the next game, get behind the team and will them on to a victory. It will happen sooner or later, we were not particularly outplayed yesterday, just those fine margins that can do for any team.

Not going on too long (or Tilly won't like it) but the only way to look at it positively imo is to look forward to that next game - not look forward as in "oh no here we go again" but to actually keep believing. I know people don't like that being said to them, but in all the emotions of sadness, anger, frustration, the way forwards is to look at the next game and get up for it. 

Don't know why I feel like this after defeats when others just seem to want to wallow in self-pity, I'm still a bit down after yesterday, but the joy in the system is that there is another game on Saturday. Roll on the next game and let's see if the team are inmproving enough to get points. 

Burnley and Brighton were good fighting performances, Chelsea an abberation, Leeds was a good battle until that second goal, so we are maybe not far off getting something from a game. Brentford is a game we can get point(s) from. Definitely.

Sermon over, Tilly. Cage Priest GIF - Cage Priest Dance GIFs

Well said

If Farke turns this round it will be nothing short of one of the greatest miracles in sporting history.

So pretty unlikely.

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yet there was not a peep about that for 90 mins from 25,000 yesterday

Don't know where you sit, but for me I just saw a lot of supporters who've given up hope completely, that's worse than actively calling for the manager to leave.   Yet on the way home, everyone's saying the same thing, put the radio on, and again saying it.

It's unfair to judge supporters when they don't want to attack the manager so publicly, just because the ground isn't chanting out doesn't mean the majority aren't thinking it. 

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Don't know where you sit, but for me I just saw a lot of supporters who've given up hope completely, that's worse than actively calling for the manager to leave.   Yet on the way home, everyone's saying the same thing, put the radio on, and again saying it.

It's unfair to judge supporters when they don't want to attack the manager so publicly, just because the ground isn't chanting out doesn't mean the majority aren't thinking it. 

If you'd quoted the rest of my post it would be obvious we're saying much the same thing. 

But there'll be no worries about publicly attacking the manager when the time comes. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But there'll be no worries about publicly attacking the manager when the time comes. 

Honestly, I think people will go straight to the board with their attacks.  It's a far easiest target IMO.

I don't think I could put my voice to Farke out chants, even though I feel he should go.  But obviously, in that environment it's easy to follow the majority around you.

It has already gone beyond “Farke Out”! A functioning Sporting Director and a competent Board would have already seen the Head Coach replaced at any other Club. 2 points from 30? 3 goals in 10 games? No other person responsible for those statistics would still be in a job at any other Club. At any other Club, but not at “Nice Little Norwich”. The problem of not performing on the pitch is squarely at Farke’s door, the failure to do anything about Farke lies with Webber and/ or the Directors.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If we actually manage to put one or two wins together, we get a bit of momentum that carries us on into further games with a bit more confidence and belief and so more likely to pick up more points.  I know the writing is on the wall this season, having had such a bad start, but never say never.  We went 11 games unbeaten with Hughton after an iffy start to a season and had twenty points by Christmas. It deteriorated after that and I'm not saying we will get to 20 points by then this season, but if somewhere we can put a string of results together at some stage and even get a point or two at places we wouldn't be expected to, then who knows where that momentum could take us. Hard to believe?  Lets see!

You live in cuckoo land. Where the hell are our mob of misfits going to put "a string of wins together"? Without goals you don't win games, we have 3 goals from 10 games. Hardly going to set the league on fire.🤣🤣

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Certainly don’t disagree, we just need to get back to our best formation and best players in their positions and I’m sure with a win or two we’ll get some confidence. But Farke needs to settle the system and get passed this disjointed system we are trying at the moment. 

• Like 1