Is Rashica any better than Hernandez?

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

As much as we like Onel, he’s very similar to Rashica

He's not showing it though.

in Bundesliga:-

image.png.a098b38aac592821c5ad21a249383f8c.png

For us:-

image.png.999d6183822ce9c7613913d6bb819a7c.png

He's getting his head down and delivering crosses in, there's no cutting in like Onel used to - they're polar opposites in that regard.

• Like 1

In many ways he is a good player, but I can't recall him taken single good decision with his final delivery so far. His final decision too often seems to be tossing low quality high cross to the box. So, yes, there are good qualities on him and I love the energy he brings to the game, but if it is him with ball on the final third of the field, it means that we are just going to give the ball away. 

If that could be fixed, then he could be really good. Will be interesting to be seen if that will happen.

• Like 1

So what ‘style’ do we actually play at the moment…. Real question, would appreciate your considered opinion on that.  
To my mind, we are searching for a formula that gets us some points and it ain’t how we played last year.      He’s yet to grow into this team (to be expected) whatever way it plays and has only played half the games!   What has Onel or Platcheta got that aids Pukki’s game or Dowell?   As much as we like Onel, he’s very similar to Rashica but wasn’t consistent enough and I do expect Rashica will be a very good upgrade in time from what we’ve seen.     Platcheta is no answer of course, rather have Sorensen down the left.

My point was that he can’t produce things if there’s nothing to aim at and not enough forwards around the box.   

If you think that Rashica’s game is more suited to balls in the air than on the deck, then I have to question what you are watching.    The kid is clearly a player that wants the ball on the floor, likes to cut inside and look for options, one of which would be Pukki but there aren’t many options at the moment because we’ve been too defensive or the support has been inadequate.   Give him time!

You're misunderstanding me. Rashica is the one who keeps lifting the ball off the ground with his fairly aimless crosses. Pukki is never going to score headers from crosses in open play so it's a pretty pointless thing to do. He should be cutting the ball back on the floor or cutting inside rather than 'aiming' for someone in the box with a cross from the byline.

We're obviously try to find a system that works. But that has to be based around the skills of the players we have. Pukki thrives off balls to run on to. Our plan has to revolve around that.

56 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He's not showing it though.

in Bundesliga:-

image.png.a098b38aac592821c5ad21a249383f8c.png

For us:-

image.png.999d6183822ce9c7613913d6bb819a7c.png

He's getting his head down and delivering crosses in, there's no cutting in like Onel used to - they're polar opposites in that regard.

Simply diabolical mate!    This rubbish takes no account of the dynamic of the very limited number of games hes played in, what his manager is asking him to do..... most thought he was playing LWB when the team sheet arrived yesterday.  The fact he played in front of a non natural full back (AO) who was up against their best player and he had to provide some cover.   It ignores the overall possession stats, the quality of the opposition, where he received the ball, what options he has to use it, what formations the respective teams played.

Thats just a minutes thoughts..... I could go on and on and on about how useless this response and those charts are!   

I've actually seen with my own eyes him cut inside numerous times including when he unleashed that quite reasonable first half shot and when he got taken down by the sub who i think got booked.     Use your eyes, not stats that you don't seem to have the foresight and perspective to understand.    

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

You're misunderstanding me. Rashica is the one who keeps lifting the ball off the ground with his fairly aimless crosses. Pukki is never going to score headers from crosses in open play so it's a pretty pointless thing to do. He should be cutting the ball back on the floor or cutting inside rather than 'aiming' for someone in the box with a cross from the byline.

We're obviously try to find a system that works. But that has to be based around the skills of the players we have. Pukki thrives off balls to run on to. Our plan has to revolve around that.

I'm not, you did say 'Rashica doesn't seem to fit with the way we play'.    I asked you to clarify what 'our style' was at this moment in time and you haven't done that.    At the minute, we don't have that usual identity.    Not his fault if the play doesn't suit his game if that was the case.   You seem to be confusing how we played last season (not crossing to Pukki) with how we played yesterday with all the long balls which are of course right up Pukki's street!!!     You could argue that Idah is a better option than Pukki up top yesterday  since he would be more of a handful for defenders, could hold the ball up and can run the channels better, or we'd have been better going 4-4-2.    Don't see any criticism of Pukki though... rightly so. 

I said he's still getting used to how we play, it will take months, fans need to show patience otherwise they could ruin the confidence of these players even more, the result of that is massive loss of value.   

Recall he did cross low for Pukki yesterday which got deflected for a corner.    Unfortunately, there are times when he has no option but to cross the ball and sometimes it means getting it beyond the first defender so he has to lift it.   Yesterday he put in a number of crosses all of which appeared more threatening than those delivered by Dowell from set pieces.    Its a genuine chance of us scoring, for example when Omobamidele did just that from his corner.    When he does cross it, yes we do need numbers in there.   But there were plenty of times when he had no option but to pass it back to AO, its what happens to keep possession and reframe the play. 

I do agree we need to play to our strengths and from what I've seen thats getting back to our 4-2-3-1 identity, playing our best players and in my opinion Rashica gets in that team no trouble.   

1 hour ago, hepphep said:

In many ways he is a good player, but I can't recall him taken single good decision with his final delivery so far. His final decision too often seems to be tossing low quality high cross to the box. So, yes, there are good qualities on him and I love the energy he brings to the game, but if it is him with ball on the final third of the field, it means that we are just going to give the ball away. 

If that could be fixed, then he could be really good. Will be interesting to be seen if that will happen.

Take Buendia for example..... we all know how brilliant he is at creating chances but look at him in claret and blue at the minute, he's not the same player yet!    Rashica has every potential of being a quality addition but needs time. 

7 hours ago, urdie_Canary said:

not good enough IMO, disappears in games for half hour or so, hasn't scored or assisted a goal so far

He literally plonked the ball onto the head of AO for the equaliser in yesterdays game, that is an assist. Seriously!

2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Hasn't assisted a goal!    Was that a pass back to AO that ended up in the net?    

my bad, he has assisted 1, still dreadful IMO. 

40 minutes ago, urdie_Canary said:

Refer you to my other posts on this thread.   Give him a break.   No way has he been dreadful in this difficult, underperforming unorganised team..... What seriously are your expectations in the circumstances?   

I've actually seen with my own eyes him cut inside numerous times including when he unleashed that quite reasonable first half shot and when he got taken down by the sub who i think got booked.     Use your eyes, not stats that you don't seem to have the foresight and perspective to understand.   

Haha, ok.   So, Perhaps I'm best to not trust my own eyes but only trust yours, I suppose everyone around me in the Barclay lack foresight and perspective too?   Could you not hear the despair around the ground whenever it happens?

Was happening in pre-season too which was a big surprise for me back then as we've not had a wide player get to the by-line and deliver like that, it wasn't evident in his Bundesliga highlights so much either.

He just needs time to adapt, or someone needs to get onto Sargent to be in that box when Rashica's heading out wide - it's such a shame that no-one is in there when the ball comes over as his delivery is the best we've had for a while.  He's made to look bad as no-one on the same wavelength.

7 hours ago, urdie_Canary said:

But that’s still 50% of our assists