25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How would you know if you hardly ever go to matches? 

I did a calculation last year and worked out I've been to CR around 350 times since 1971 and probably as many away matches, having lived away from Norfolk for so long, lots of them in London and more recently up north.  I think that qualifies to me to make comments based on experience.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I did a calculation last year and worked out I've been to CR around 350 times since 1971 and probably as many away matches, having lived away from Norfolk for so long, lots of them in London and more recently up north.  I think that qualifies to me to make comments based on experience.

So what exactly was it that the supporters at Chelsea chanted that you take issue with?  

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

"Waaaahhh! 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I haven't said anything about what supporters at chelsea chanted.

So you don’t know what it was, but you didn’t like it anyway?

I haven't said anything about what supporters at chelsea chanted.

From your opening post 

“I'm referring of course to the "it's 0-0 we are sh*t" song”

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is about chants at home games.

There’s nothing in your original post to say you were talking about home matches.  In fact you specifically stated 

'I’m referring of course to the "it's 0-0 we are sh*t" song. Webber was diplomatic, but I'll be more blunt and it needs saying. It's brainless.”

And as you will know, Webber was referring to chants that had occured at the Chelsea match.  So I ask again, what chant exactly is it that you took issue with, because as far as I’m aware there isn’t one that goes “it’s 0-0 we are sh*t”.  There is one that goes “how sh*t must you be, we’re drawing away”, but if you knew as much about football matches as you claim, you’d know that that chant is aimed at the opposition.

Edited by Naturalcynic

14 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

From your opening post 

“I'm referring of course to the "it's 0-0 we are sh*t" song”

13 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

There’s nothing in your original post to say you were talking about home matches.  In fact you specifically stated 

'I’m referring of course to the "it's 0-0 we are sh*t" song. Webber was diplomatic, but I'll be more blunt and it needs saying. It's brainless.”

And as you will know, Webber was referring to chants that had occured at the Chelsea match.  So I ask again, what chant exactly is it that you took issue with, because as far as I’m aware there isn’t one that goes “it’s 0-0 we are sh*t”.  There is one that goes “how sh*t must you be, we’re drawing away”, but if you knew as much about football matches as you claim, you’d know that that chant is aimed at the opposition.

Fantastic backtracking from Lakey but he's done himself up a kipper here.

57 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

?? You seem to be a bit mixed up. No Webber was not talking about the chants at Chelsea. Away fans are not the issue. I was at Burnley and heard no negative songs at all and the next away game was Chelsea, which went sour pretty quickly, so any gallows humour there would have been quite appropriate.  It's at home where you get stupid booing of substitutes and puerile chants such as the 0-0 sh*t song and the whole tenant of Webber's comment was about the next game and what was needed then...which in case you weren't aware, is a home game.

I've not gone away this season (thankfully, as it turns out) but been to every home game. Apart from the illogical booing of subbing Sargent when he was shattered and signalled about a tight calf or something similar to the bench, I think our fans have generally been good.

Yes, a touch quiet at times but the action on the pitch hasn't really been inspiring.

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

?? You seem to be a bit mixed up. No Webber was not talking about the chants at Chelsea. Away fans are not the issue. I was at Burnley and heard no negative songs at all and the next away game was Chelsea, which went sour pretty quickly, so any gallows humour there would have been quite appropriate.  It's at home where you get stupid booing of substitutes and puerile chants such as the 0-0 sh*t song and the whole tenant of Webber's comment was about the next game and what was needed then...which in case you weren't aware, is a home game.

Webber’s comment:

"We do not need our fans singing songs about how rubbish the opposition are, because they are drawing with us after five minutes.”

Chelsea scored their first after 8 minutes so this was clearly in relation to that game.  So, again, which chant do you take issue with, and what do you mean by the “0:0 sh*t” song?  If you mean, “How sh*t must you be, we’re drawing away”, then that was at Chelsea and was aimed at them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Webber’s comment:

"We do not need our fans singing songs about how rubbish the opposition are, because they are drawing with us after five minutes.”

Chelsea scored their first after 8 minutes so this was clearly in relation to that game.  So, again, which chant do you take issue with, and what do you mean by the “0:0 sh*t” song?  If you mean, “How sh*t must you be, we’re drawing away”, then that was at Chelsea and was aimed at them.

Check and mate.

Hahahahahahaahahahaha

22 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Webber’s comment:

I was wrong then.  But if that is the case I am even more astounded. The point remians, doesn't it. WTF are our fans singing that for? Is that helping our team at the beginning of a match. 

Beggars belief.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was wrong then.  But if that is the case I am even more astounded. The point remians, doesn't it. WTF are our fans singing that for? Is that helping our team at the beginning of a match. 

Beggars belief.

Taking the pee out of the opposition has always been part of terrace humour, and that’s exactly what this was.  It doesn’t beggar belief in the slightest and if that’s the worst our fans do after such a woeful start to the season then you and Stuart Webber should be very grateful.

Edited by Naturalcynic

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Taking the pee out of the opposition has always been part of terrace humour, and that’s exactly what this was.  It doesn’t beggar belief in the slightest and if that’s the worst our fans do after such a woeful start to the season then you and Stuart Webber should be very grateful.

If it was at Chelsea then it backfired spectacularly a bit, didn't it. Stupid chant.

Just now, lake district canary said:

If it was at Chelsea then it backfired spectacularly a bit, didn't it. Stupid chant.

Oh, so you think we’d have avoided being turned over if we hadn’t chanted that at Chelsea, do you? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Oh, so you think we’d have avoided being turned over if we hadn’t chanted that at Chelsea, do you? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

So it was a good chant was it? Did it give you a warm feeling and a bit of a laugh as Chelsea scored their first goal directly after it? 

Unbelievable.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So it was a good chant was it? Did it give you a warm feeling and a bit of a laugh as Chelsea scored their first goal directly after it? 

Unbelievable.

It was very clear which way that game was going to go, and to make their day slightly less miserable our supporters got their ironic chant in while they still could.  For someone who claims to have been to Carrow Road at least 350 times, not to mention a similar number of away games, you really do seem to have very little understanding of what actually happens at a game and the psyche of our long-suffering die-hard supporters which, I should add, are far more patient than at most other clubs.

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Beggars belief.

If a bit of banter from the Norwich fans offends you that much Lackey you could always follow another club with more tolerant fans. Ah wait a minute most give it worse than us.  

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

This is squirmworthy stuff LDC. Admit you were wrong, and we can all move on from this sorry saga.

I have admitted I was wrong.

7 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

It was very clear which way that game was going to go, and to make their day slightly less miserable our supporters got their ironic chant in while they still could.  For someone who claims to have been to Carrow Road at least 350 times, not to mention a similar number of away games, you really do seem to have very little understanding of what actually happens at a game and the psyche of our long-suffering die-hard supporters which, I should add, are far more patient than at most other clubs.

Seriously? At 0-0? I would have thought fans would be more concerned with "can we keep them out" than goading Chelsea fans. I've been to many away games, in good times and bad and can't remember a more ridiculous chant. Why wasn't it sung at Burnley?

“How sh1t must you be, were winning/drawing* away/at home*”  has been chanted at matches for years.   Seriously, when did you last go to a game?  

(* Delete as applicable)

So in summary 

This tool called out fans for chanting a chant he didn’t hear at a game he didn’t go to. He then quotes a chant that no one  has ever heard before (“it’s 0.0 and we are sh1t”)  , and it definitely wasn’t at Chelsea but was a chant that Webber heared ( at Chelsea) . 

Then it wasn’t the fans (who are great) but other people who aren’t fans who go to matches to do things other than be fans or even watch the football. 

To wrap it up it was because of thischant that Norwich lost 7 nil , and if only people listened to him more often all of our lives would be wonderful and Norwich would win every week. 

@Pete Raven please find a way for me to block this utter moron ? It doesn’t work when I try  . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 3

...and the next away game was Chelsea, which went sour pretty quickly, so any gallows humour there would have been quite appropriate.  

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was wrong then.  But if that is the case I am even more astounded. The point remians, doesn't it. WTF are our fans singing that for?

Gsus wept. You'll disappear up your own ar5e if you reverse ferret again that quickly.

You're losing your touch Lakey; you can't keep up with your own trolling.

Take a day off tomorrow and then come back Sunday all guns blazing, insulting as many people as you can before kick off. 

OTBC

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

...and the next away game was Chelsea, which went sour pretty quickly, so any gallows humour there would have been quite appropriate.  

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was wrong then.  But if that is the case I am even more astounded. The point remians, doesn't it. WTF are our fans singing that for?

Gsus wept. You'll disappear up your own ar5e if you reverse ferret again that quickly.

You're losing your touch Lakey; you can't keep up with your own trolling.

Take a day off tomorrow and then come back Sunday all guns blazing, insulting as many people as you can before kick off. 

OTBC

Gallows humour is fine when you're losing by 3 or 4, not when you are drawing 0-0. 

It's not that complicated to understand - and is exactly what webber was referring to.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Gallows humour is fine when you're losing by 3 or 4, not when you are drawing 0-0. 

It's not that complicated to understand - and is exactly what webber was referring to.

Apparently it was too complicated for you to understand who sung it though... 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As I said earlier, you really do seem to have very little understanding of what actually happens at a game or the psyche of our long-suffering die-hard supporters who go, week in and week out, and who are far more patient than supporters at most other clubs.  

Edited by Naturalcynic

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's not that complicated to understand

Indeed! So why are you making such a p1ss poor show of your trolling in this thread?

It's really amateur by your standards; a proper 7-0 drubbing of a display.

More research is needed next time - "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail."

OTBC