Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Football in the 70's

You could name almost all of the players who played for the top teams like Man Utd , Arsenal . Leeds, Chelsea ,Liverpool etc . Also we had reserve games at home when the first team played away , I remember Charlie George playing at Carrow road for Arsenal reserves on the way back from injury , I retrieved the ball from the south stand and threw it to him , thanks Mate  he shouted . It was a chance for to see some of the stars play close up as played for the reserves ,. Happy days and lots of memories 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Ha! I remember that even as a 10 year old, it had a big influence on me. I even got a blue and white scarf on the back of it (I know, I know) I saw the light just a couple of short years later 😃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Ha! I remember that even as a 10 year old, it had a big influence on me. I even got a blue and white scarf on the back of it (I know, I know) I saw the light just a couple of short years later 😃

My mother was Chelsea through and through so I was supporting them rather than Leeds. Good practice for later in life. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

7 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

No VAR , packed crowd great atmosphere no falling over after being slightly touched just getting on with it , what more could you want 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

You could name almost all of the players who played for the top teams like Man Utd , Arsenal . Leeds, Chelsea ,Liverpool etc . Also we had reserve games at home when the first team played away , I remember Charlie George playing at Carrow road for Arsenal reserves on the way back from injury , I retrieved the ball from the south stand and threw it to him , thanks Mate  he shouted . It was a chance for to see some of the stars play close up as played for the reserves ,. Happy days and lots of memories 

Is the ability to name them though in large part to squads being much smaller, changing a lot less over time through transfers and far fewer substitutes and substitutions?

John Bond, Machin, Miller, Forbes, Hansbury Keelan, Peters, Powell, Stringer, , Livermore, Ken Brown.

Morris, Howard, Kevin Bond, Butler, Neighbour, MacDougal, Boyer

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

John Bond, Machin, Miller, Forbes, Hansbury Keelan, Peters, Powell, Stringer, , Livermore, Ken Brown.

Morris, Howard, Kevin Bond, Butler, Neighbour, MacDougal, Boyer

I think Kevin Bond is Billy Steele ?