Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Everton (A)(PL) ****

11 minutes ago, daly said:

Positive thinking 

Only 13 points off the top 3

Love to have a Vardy in the team

He wouldn’t get service unfortunately.  

That was arguably our worst performance of the season. Everton were awful. Yes we had excuses at the start of the season but we had none today. We looked pathetic, weak, clueless and incapable of causing the opposition any problems unless we were shooting from distance.

Apart from that woeful attempt at a header by Gibson.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

bOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A decent BOO should really begin with a capital letter, very poor show!

Opposition on poor form? check

Opposition with 2/3 best players out? Check

Opposition we have a history of beating? Check

I don't think it will get any easier than that in the premier league. Everton were woeful, pitiful, pathetic, and they still beat us 2-0. 

5 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

We also have a threat from set pieces with Gibbo and kabak.  But if Kenny takes the free kicks there really is no point!! God awful. 

Are you having a laugh? Did you see Gibson's pathetic attempt at a header on the six yard line?

21 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Biggest concern is Normann's health. 6 games in, with only one coming against a team projected to finish in the bottom half. Do we want to grab a couple of points out of these games? Yes, but let us get 5 games against our relegation rivals and see how the table shakes up then. Games coming up against Burnely, Brighton, Leeds and Bournemouth will be the true measuring stick. OTBC

We won't win a single one , mark my words

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you not bothered about the psychological affect this will have?

Medic?😩

2 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

We won't win a single one , mark my words

If that's the case I'll be moaning and groaning as loud as any, but I'm going to hold out hope yet.

24 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Games coming up against Burnely, Brighton, Leeds and Bournemouth will be the true measuring stick. OTBC

Do we get relegated early now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are you not bothered about the psychological affect this will have?

Medic?😩

Ive just been outside and boooo'd next doors dog.

• Haha 1

We expect to lose. We lose . No set up in any environment can accept this much longer . 

What the hell we do isn’t clear. However you can’t keep turning up , losing , and going home . 

So incredibly disappointing. 

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are you having a laugh? Did you see Gibson's pathetic attempt at a header on the six yard line?

Cant agree Grandado, he would have seen it very late due to the defender in front that just missed it. Thought so immediately, confirmed by commentators after replay, Efan Ekuku said something along the lines " not as easy a chance as people may think, he would have seen it very late, not much time to react"......ill take his word for it as he takes a supportive but unbiased view imo. 

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Cant agree Grandado, he would have seen it very late due to the defender in front that just missed it. Thought so immediately, confirmed by commentators after replay, Efan Ekuku said something along the lines " not as easy a chance as people may think, he would have seen it very late, not much time to react"......ill take his word for it as he takes a supportive but unbiased view imo. 

Fair enough but to me he jumped and missed it or else why jump at all. We seem to be in a position where we are not the darlings anymore but instead pundits are giving us sympathy.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Fair enough but to me he jumped and missed it or else why jump at all. We seem to be in a position where we are not the darlings anymore but instead pundits are giving us sympathy.

No sympathy from Efan, I like him as a pundit, quite balanced.  Would be nice to feel that we are really 'in' a game soon though. I wouldnt be the most reactive to success or failiure, maybe cos ive coached/managed so many teams over the years, both good and bad that I think there is a game for everyone whatever their level, but there doesnt seem to be one for us lately , too good for the Championship ,no where near stable prem league quality. We could always play in the Eredivisie and be a top six side, do the ferrys still run from Yarmouth?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

No sympathy from Efan, I like him as a pundit, quite balanced.  Would be nice to feel that we are really 'in' a game soon though. I wouldnt be the most reactive to success or failiure, maybe cos ive coached/managed so many teams over the years, both good and bad that I think there is a game for everyone whatever their level, but there doesnt seem to be one for us lately , too good for the Championship ,no where near stable prem league quality. We could always play in the Eredivisie and be a top six side, do the ferrys still run from Yarmouth?

I think we have to face facts that the European Super League would be good for us. The game has been changed totally by the greed of the bigger clubs who are no doubt seething that we get an equal share.

So if they beggared off, we might be able to give an account of ourselves like we did in the 70s and 80s.