Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Are there now no excuses to be made if we are relegated?

21 hours ago, astro said:

Why do we need to blame anyone? It’s just a game and there are always winners and losers. 

Quite agree, it's a blame culture nowadays with scapegoats required by most. 

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think people need to be a bit realistic.

We've had a fantastic window on paper. We've strengthened in pretty much every area.

But this is the Premier League. Compare our squad to the other 19 teams and we are probably weaker than 14 or 15 and on a par with the rest. Farke will still need to get more out of this squad than their individual ability and have us overperforming for most of the season for us to stay up.

We do however,  have a much better chance than two years ago.

Spot on. Many reasons to be optimistic for me.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Quite agree, it's a blame culture nowadays with scapegoats required by most. 

Spot on. Many reasons to be optimistic for me.

I blame you for that. 

37 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

So if we beat those teams Home and Away, we end up with 36 points - not enough to stay up.

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We won’t take 6 points of them all but 3/4 would help the cause. Norwich will be allowed to take points from any of the others too if good enough. Have a look at the 19/20 results, we were crap against the crap. 

Last 10 seasons - points needed to stay up - 36,36,33,35,37,34,33,36,35,39 = average 35.4.

36 would, more often than not, do it.

OTBC

Meanwhile down the road (undisclosed = free or 1p)

3 June 2021 RW Wales Wes Burns England Fleetwood Town Undisclosed [16]
16 June 2021 MF England Callum Page England Needham Market Undisclosed [17]
25 June 2021 CM England Rekeem Harper England West Bromwich Albion Undisclosed [18]
28 June 2021 GK Czech Republic Václav Hladký England Salford City Undisclosed [19]
1 July 2021 CM Wales Lee Evans England Wigan Athletic Free transfer [20]
1 July 2021 LB England Matt Penney England Sheffield Wednesday Free transfer [21]
12 July 2021 CF England Joe Pigott England AFC Wimbledon Free transfer [22]
14 July 2021 AM Scotland Scott Fraser England Milton Keynes Dons Undisclosed [23]
27 July 2021 CB England George Edmundson Scotland Rangers Undisclosed [24]
27 July 2021 CF England Conor Chaplin England Barnsley Undisclosed [25]
6 August 2021 SS Nigeria Sone Aluko England Reading Free transfer [26]
9 August 2021 LM England Kyle Edwards England West Bromwich Albion Free transfer [27]
15 August 2021 CB Australia Cameron Burgess England Accrington Stanley Undisclosed [28]
16 August 2021 CM England Tom Carroll England Queens Park Rangers Free transfer

Excuses will be limited now, time for Farke to deliver now as much as the team. What a great time to go to Arsenal and get the season rolling if we are brave enough. 

I will forgive relegation only if we now show some fight and some battle. Too often in this league we roll over and make it easy on other teams, we now have plenty of outsiders in and around the first team whom I hope will bring winning and battling mentalities. We now do have the quality and depth required to compete and survive in this league, it's now up to Mr Farke to install the confidence and the fight and play to the strengths of those players who can win us games and get us points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I will forgive relegation only if we now show some fight and some battle. Too often in this league we roll over and make it easy on other teams, we now have plenty of outsiders in and around the first team whom I hope will bring winning and battling mentalities. We now do have the quality and depth required to compete and survive in this league, it's now up to Mr Farke to install the confidence and the fight and play to the strengths of those players who can win us games and get us points.

Completely this. Especially the first couple of lines...,.......

I was just pouring through the fixture lists looking for potential points. January to February looks very interesting to me. The Africa cup of nations will be on and off the top of my head we won't be losing any players from that I think. Everton at home, Watford away then Palace at home. Palace who we play 2 days after the tournament finishes will be without Zaha, Schlupp, Ayew, Kouyate. Everton will lose Iwobi and Watford will be without at least 5 players looking at their squad list.

Really could be points there for us that month. I know we play Palace just after that tournament but those players mentioned will likely be tired from traveling or maybe will not be fully focused

Daniel Farke now has the players (money to get them in). New contract from the board (backing). Etc.......it's in his hands. No excuse, this is a make season for him and us!!!