Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Referee for Leicester

Is Robert Jones. Looks like a classic “not sure” ref for POGMOL . Did 9 prem games last year but mostly bottom clubs . Did the blunts and Fulham , but his highest club was Leicester (3 times !) 

Nowhere near any big clubs all season . 

8 in the chumps - inc us away to Wycombe in Feb. 

Put on the list in 2020. Learning the trade so where better than put him on Norwich rather than Man City , Liverpool or Man Utd . 

I predict a pen for Vardy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Is Robert Jones. Looks like a classic “not sure” ref for POGMOL . Did 9 prem games last year but mostly bottom clubs . Did the blunts and Fulham , but his highest club was Leicester (3 times !) 

Nowhere near any big clubs all season . 

8 in the chumps - inc us away to Wycombe in Feb. 

Put on the list in 2020. Learning the trade so where better than put him on Norwich rather than Man City , Liverpool or Man Utd . 

I predict a pen for Vardy. 

Just the one? Think you're being over optimistic 😉 

• Like 1

For the record I thought Jones looked like a rabbit in headlights . Overruled by the linesman in two throw ins in the first half , which was extraordinary. The pen was stonewall but he dare not give the decision (until made to do so by VAR) . 
Reffed the percentages . Managed to get the “get to your feet” signal quota on Williams but not on Maddison . This is a direct instruction from POGMOL following the Euros by the way. 

Won’t see him doing big games for a while . Will do as many chumps as prem . Long way for him to go. 

• Like 1

Thought he was very poor. Gave the impression he couldn't believe he was actually reffing a Prem game and showboated some of his decisions

As you say GPB, the throw ins were extraordinary.  Couldn't really blame him for bottling the pen decision, but the lino could have helped, but they got to the right decision in the end. 

I thought he should have stopped for the Todd head injury, when we played on. Set the tone for the game early on, when he let the Leicester player get away without a booking for a trip. 

• Like 2

Suggest he ****s off back to the EFL on that showing, poor, weak, slow to keep up with play. 

Yes he eventually gave the pen, but **** me Stevie Wonder wouldn't have needed help on that one. 

Shocking officiating. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

For the record I thought Jones looked like a rabbit in headlights . Overruled by the linesman in two throw ins in the first half , which was extraordinary. The pen was stonewall but he dare not give the decision (until made to do so by VAR) . 
Reffed the percentages . Managed to get the “get to your feet” signal quota on Williams but not on Maddison . This is a direct instruction from POGMOL following the Euros by the way. 

Won’t see him doing big games for a while . Will do as many chumps as prem . Long way for him to go. 

I’ll have to be careful here as I was sitting in upper Barclay but the penalty was not stonewall 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

I’ll have to be careful here as I was sitting in upper Barclay but the penalty was not stonewall 

It was right in front of me. It was

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

It was right in front of me too, about as stonewall as it gets, shambolic that it needed VAR 

Penalty wasn't clear from the back, where the referee was. Would have been an easy spot from the crowd, head on, but not from behind. Criticising the ref for not getting it straight away is very harsh.

The TV coming out of the pitch side on a motorised arm is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen. The premier league should have a look at themselves.

Yeah ref was poor, with weird decisions for both teams. Had no clue what he was going to 'be' in that he started letting "soft" fouls go then suddenly reverted and started penalising them. Then booked PLM for a tackle on Maddison but allowed Leicester to commit 6 or 7 cynical fouls before he finally booked one of them. Lack of consistency alarming, getting throw-ins wrong on a regular basis including overruling his linesmen.

Pretty much standard for the Premier League, basically.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Penalty wasn't clear from the back, where the referee was. Would have been an easy spot from the crowd, head on, but not from behind. Criticising the ref for not getting it straight away is very harsh.

What we can rightly criticise is how long it took to come to the right decision. That's not really on the ref but one replay in real-time showed how blatant a pen it was.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

What we can rightly criticise is how long it took to come to the right decision. That's not really on the ref but one replay in real-time showed how blatant a pen it was.

That's a VAR / implementation complaint more than anything. Ultimately it did get the right call. Makes you wonder how many times David Coote had to play it back.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

No it isn’t . I got it right from a lot further away than the ref. I’ve seen it once . So did everyone else I’ve spoken to. From all four corners of the ground . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No it isn’t 

Yes it is. That penalty was easy to see from a fan's perspective in the stand as it's easy to see their feet relative to the ball as the ball is clearly in front. If you're a few feet above it as well, then double it. From around twenty yards directly behind it, where the referee was, it was much tougher to see.

Classic example of some fans actually having a better view than the referee could, then thinking the referee would see it the same way.

Edited by TheGunnShow

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yes it is. That penalty was easy to see from a fan's perspective in the stand as it's easy to see their feet relative to the ball as the ball is clearly in front. If you're a few feet above it as well, then double it. From around twenty yards directly behind it, where the referee was, it was much tougher to see.

Classic example of some fans actually having a better view than the referee could, then thinking the referee would see it the same way.

Can only assume you’ve been on the sauce . 

“That penalty was easy to see from a fan's perspective in the stand as it's easy to see their feet relative to the ball as the ball is clearly in front. If you're a few feet above it as well, then double it.”

is a spectacular use of words that in some parallel universe may make sense 😂🤣

Probably best to just finish off the bootle, Old Friend , and go and sleep it off .

(it was as stone wall as you will see all season) 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can only assume you’ve been on the sauce . 

“That penalty was easy to see from a fan's perspective in the stand as it's easy to see their feet relative to the ball as the ball is clearly in front. If you're a few feet above it as well, then double it.”

is a spectacular use of words that in some parallel universe may make sense 😂🤣

Probably best to just finish off the bootle, Old Friend , and go and sleep it off .

(it was as stone wall as you will see all season) 

Nah, you've probably been on it. If you can't understand the basic notion that the referee had a different view from you in the stand, and that even a stonewaller can look touch-and-go from a different angle, then this discussion is moot.

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

It was right in front of me too, about as stonewall as it gets, shambolic that it needed VAR 

Next home game Ken, wear a red carnation and have a folded copy of the Daily Telegraph under your arm. If you want to take it a stage further, we can have a code word prepared, to maintain anonymity 

Penalty was stonewall.

Ref was ****ing abysmal. Linesmen were equally useless **** too.

Why the **** was Albirighton on the pitch to score his goal? He'd been booked for hacking Williams down and could have been booked about 3 times in the first half.

Also, what the **** was the weird spell of about 8 minutes where the ref refused to give us a free kick despite numerous blatant, egregious fouls by Leicester players. It was like there was some witchcraft going on or something. Very weird.

To summarise. I hope that **** has a thoroughly **** year, and his wife ****s his brother.

• Like 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Penalty was stonewall.

Ref was ****ing abysmal. Linesmen were equally useless **** too.

Why the **** was Albirighton on the pitch to score his goal? He'd been booked for hacking Williams down and could have been booked about 3 times in the first half.

Also, what the **** was the weird spell of about 8 minutes where the ref refused to give us a free kick despite numerous blatant, egregious fouls by Leicester players. It was like there was some witchcraft going on or something. Very weird.

To summarise. I hope that **** has a thoroughly **** year, and his wife ****s his brother.

Blimey, I thought I was in a grumpy sweary mood tonight 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Next home game Ken, wear a red carnation and have a folded copy of the Daily Telegraph under your arm. If you want to take it a stage further, we can have a code word prepared, to maintain anonymity 

In the 21st minute I will stand up and shout 'Nurse'...... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

In the 21st minute I will stand up and shout 'Nurse'...... 

Great,  I'll be the one who shows complete indifference to that. So you'll know its me.👍

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I was sitting in the upper Barclay hence my original comment 

having seen replay contact is still minimal so certainly not stonewall but certainly worthy of the award 

There's a thread on here criticising the ref after nearly every match, and I'm usually the one to point out that it's a very tough job and the ref will always get the vast, vast majority of decisions right and I'll question why everyone expects perfection from a referee but not a player, who will always misplace the odd pass etc.

But it's pretty hard to do so this evening as the ref was poor today.

On 28/08/2021 at 20:45, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can't resist bumping this. 

Even I didn't expect to get him so soon again.

Still trying to get through games without giving anything. How the Rose / Rashica pen incident ends up as a freekick to them is a mystery, but another percentage decision. If he gives it , it gets discussed on MOTD. If he gives handball its forgotten about . 

And what about the bizarre running off with their substituted player? Didn't add any more time mind...standard 4 mins....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can't resist bumping this. 

Even I didn't expect to get him so soon again.

Still trying to get through games without giving anything. How the Rose / Rashica pen incident ends up as a freekick to them is a mystery, but another percentage decision. If he gives it , it gets discussed on MOTD. If he gives handball its forgotten about . 

And what about the bizarre running off with their substituted player? Didn't add any more time mind...standard 4 mins....

I think Foster had hold of the ball for more than 4 minutes alone

• Like 1

You wont see this guy reffing Man C against Liverpool anytime soon, yet we get him two, yes two home games on the spin.

Why?

He looked pi$$ poor the first time, and no better the second, so why did we get him for two consecutive games?

• Like 3

Just now, First Wazzock said:

You wont see this guy reffing Man C against Liverpool anytime soon, yet we get him two, yes two home games on the spin.

Why?

He looked pi$$ poor the first time, and no better the second, so why did we get him for two consecutive games?

No media interest. A nothing game in the world of football. We only got Oliver last week because  it was Arsenal and they were bottom. 
It’s pathetic. 

• Like 2