Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Keith Scott's post match musings

1. Max Aarons is massively overrated. Technically so poor. Giannoulis is twice the player. If anybody offers a few mil for him we should bite their hand off.

2. Lukas Rupp works hard but again technically isn't up to it at Premier League level.

3. Our crowd are far too placid. It's been said many times before but with the exception of the barclay the rest of the ground just sit on their hands for 90 mins. Half a dozen times a Norwich player was fouled, including the Pukki foul which led to their opening goal. The ref gives nothing and our supporters don't even jump and appeal. It's a big reason we don't get many decisions. Stop being so passive, find your voice and show some passion you NFN's!

4. Last but not least it has to be said today's performance was a carbon copy of nearly every performance from our last campaign. Pretty football at times but ultimately lightweight, too easy to play against, always look like conceding, and very little attacking threat. Unless we do some serious business between now and the end of the window it's gonna be ANOTHER relegation on the cards. Lessons still not learnt it seems.

All the best. Keith Scott.

1. Most definitely no

2. No

3. meh, sometimes but show me a club that isn’t

4. wow. Because of this statement I’m now wondering why I’m bothering to reply at all

Go away and come back with valid critisisms once more than ONE game against a champions league side has been played

8 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

1. Max Aarons is massively overrated. Technically so poor. Giannoulis is twice the player. If anybody offers a few mil for him we should bite their hand off.

2. Lukas Rupp works hard but again technically isn't up to it at Premier League level.

3. Our crowd are far too placid. It's been said many times before but with the exception of the barclay the rest of the ground just sit on their hands for 90 mins. Half a dozen times a Norwich player was fouled, including the Pukki foul which led to their opening goal. The ref gives nothing and our supporters don't even jump and appeal. It's a big reason we don't get many decisions. Stop being so passive, find your voice and show some passion you NFN's!

4. Last but not least it has to be said today's performance was a carbon copy of nearly every performance from our last campaign. Pretty football at times but ultimately lightweight, too easy to play against, always look like conceding, and very little attacking threat. Unless we do some serious business between now and the end of the window it's gonna be ANOTHER relegation on the cards. Lessons still not learnt it seems.

Playing the actual post:

1) His main attributes are his athleticism, so fair enough - rating someone is subjective anyway so it will vary from person to person / club to club.  

2) Rupp could look decent in a better side as a 'water carrier', but if tasked with being a creator in a struggling side, I'd tend to agree with you.

3) Dunno, wasn't there.  TV broadcasts are not always the most representative of the sound in the ground.

4)  There were similarities.  But definitely more depth and physically-dynamic players on the bench.  Result was ****e, but squad is shaping up better than last season IMO.  We just need some of that effing luck that seems to have totally deserted our premier campaigns of late.

15 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Why don't you do everyone a favour and just F U C K OFF

Mostly garbage, but I do agree partly with 1. - Max is a touch overrated by our supporters, in terms of  his defending. I think if he were as good as we think he’d have been gone by now.

We played some decent stuff at times today but mostly in our half/the middle third and not really enough to threaten their goal a great deal.  There’s just about enough positives to be upbeat, we were playing one of the best sides in Europe after all, but we do need to shore ourselves up at the back/be harder to score against.

Edited by Branston Pickle

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Mostly garbage, but I do agree partly with 1. - Max is a touch overrated by our supporters, in terms of  his defending. I think if he were as good as we think he’d have been gone by now.

We played some decent stuff at times today but mostly in our half/the middle third and not really enough to threaten their goal a great deal.  There’s just about enough positives to be upbeat, we were playing one of the best sides in Europe after all, but we do need to shore ourselves up at the back/be harder to score against.

Max Can't be to bad if barca wanted him? Just saying not having a dig

7 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Max Can't be to bad if barca wanted him? Just saying not having a dig

Did they, though, really?  We have no way of knowing.

Imo he’d be better in a back 3/5 situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Did they, though, really?  We have no way of knowing.

Imo he’d be better in a back 3/5 situation.

It’s been widely confirmed that they did make a loan offer for him, even Webber has come out to confirm this. 

I do agree however that he would be better as a RWB with 3 CB’s behind him. He seems made for that role. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

It’s been widely confirmed that they did make a loan offer for him, even Webber has come out to confirm this. 

I do agree however that he would be better as a RWB with 3 CB’s behind him. He seems made for that role. 

And so would Giannoulis, in fact. It could be worth looking at for the games against the top clubs.