Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Sinani

Not a surprise he is out on loan but with option of permanent transfer , I think it’s fair to say we won’t be seeing him in an NCFC shirt again. Shame but I trust the judgement that he isn’t up to the mark. Imagine Sitti will be next out 

Football is very ruthless, we make a lot of signings like Sinani to ship off elsewhere ASAP. The odd one will come good and make the club decent money. I suppose that’s just how it is but I feel for the players .

11 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Klose and Trybull too plus I'm sure tare a few we're hoping an offer comes in for.

Wonder if Klose would be interested in working with the U18s and doing some coaching badges for a year if there are no takers?

He's not in the 'bad egg' category, so might suit the club over paying him off.

Trybull will be out on loan to Championship again I suspect, I like the fact that he obviously enjoys playing in England, always gave his all for us and did a job, is good to see him wanting to stay in England! 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Football is very ruthless, we make a lot of signings like Sinani to ship off elsewhere ASAP. The odd one will come good and make the club decent money. I suppose that’s just how it is but I feel for the players .

I'm sure the pay rise Sinani got for signing for us from the Luxembourg league would have been huge, their league is basically the Conference national. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm sure the pay rise Sinani got for signing for us from the Luxembourg league would have been huge, their league is basically the Conference national. 

Indeed, football in Luxembourg is part-time and Sinani played for the only full-time side, if I'm not mistaken. Moving to a club like ours gave him the chance to earn a decent living from the game.

The fact there's an option to make this deal permanent means he'll never play for us. If he does well, Huddersfield will sign him. If he doesn't do well enough for Huddersfield to sign him, then he'll be of no use to us with just one year left on his contract.

Ultimately though, it's a win for us. If Huddersfield sign him permanently then we've made a nice profit, and even if they don't, we've probably made enough from his two loan fees to not make a loss.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wonder if Klose would be interested in working with the U18s and doing some coaching badges for a year if there are no takers?

Trybull will be out on loan to Championship again I suspect, I like the fact that he obviously enjoys playing in England, always gave his all for us and did a job, is good to see him wanting to stay in England! 

Exactly my thinking. Klose really is not one in the "problematic" category, he's just had the tooth of time gnaw too much off him.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed, football in Luxembourg is part-time and Sinani played for the only full-time side, if I'm not mistaken. Moving to a club like ours gave him the chance to earn a decent living from the game.

The fact there's an option to make this deal permanent means he'll never play for us. If he does well, Huddersfield will sign him. If he doesn't do well enough for Huddersfield to sign him, then he'll be of no use to us with just one year left on his contract.

Ultimately though, it's a win for us. If Huddersfield sign him permanently then we've made a nice profit, and even if they don't, we've probably made enough from his two loan fees to not make a loss.

And for Sinani it is a win, playing at higher level football again this season. Facilities, management, amount of games and experience. He will be a better player for this season. A great move and one I hope works out well. 

It will be interesting watching his development, if he does enough to impress, like soto, then fair enough but if not we get hungry player back with another season under his belt.

I don't really understand the 'loan with an option to buy' deals. I suppose they're designed to favour the club receiving the player, but it's hard to see how it benefits us. If he bangs in 25 goals for Huddersfield I'll be annoyed and we can't keep him! Same with Soto.

2 hours ago, Canarywary said:

I don't really understand the 'loan with an option to buy' deals. I suppose they're designed to favour the club receiving the player, but it's hard to see how it benefits us. If he bangs in 25 goals for Huddersfield I'll be annoyed and we can't keep him! Same with Soto.

Perhaps the option to buy is 500k per goal 😉

In all seriousness though, it will include include clauses such as sell on amounts so it benefits us in that it gives a player that we don't have the time to develop ourselves a chance to show what he's about and it also gives the loaning club an incentive for him to do well.

Klose must be worth holding onto for one season. He is a good character, can help bring the youth on and in a dire emergency could step in rather than midfielders etc 

On 28/07/2021 at 21:41, TeemuVanBasten said:

Klose has been studying for a qualification in being a Sporting Director, so he’s obviously got one eye on his post playing career. 

He’s not a bad egg, although most of the players frozen out weren’t really considered to be so, just players that had no future at Norwich. 

Problem is most U18 coaches are part time and probably earn similar in a year to what Klose earns in a week - best to move Klose on and get his wages off the bill, which might mean paying him off. (Obviously only sensible if he agrees to take less than 100% of what he is owed). 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Klose has been studying for a qualification in being a Sporting Director, so he’s obviously got one eye on his post playing career. 

He’s not a bad egg, although most of the players frozen out weren’t really considered to be so, just players that had no future at Norwich. 

Problem is most U18 coaches are part time and probably earn similar in a year to what Klose earns in a week - best to move Klose on and get his wages off the bill, which might mean paying him off. (Obviously only sensible if he agrees to take less than 100% of what he is owed). 

Mebbe Klose as Sporting Director some time in the future?

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Mebbe Klose as Sporting Director some time in the future?

If he can prove he is a good Sporting Director somewhere then no reason why not.

Although, I think part of the strength of having Webber was that he was a complete outsider to Norwich and brought fresh perspective. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If he can prove he is a good Sporting Director somewhere then no reason why not.

Although, I think part of the strength of having Webber was that he was a complete outsider to Norwich and brought fresh perspective. 

Agree there, but then who better to continue a "Norwich" approach than someone who was within it from the beginning?

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The way Leitner thanked Webber but not Farke suggests some bad blood, and there were some strong rumours of clash in the dressing room.

Then we had the Drmic getting changed on his own in a wooden shed thing didn't we.

So I think there is definitely bad blood involved? 

I'm sure Klose would thank Farke, and we wouldn't make him get changed on his own in a wooden shed. Although when it comes to footballers and their living standards, wouldn't surprise me if the 'wooden shed' was actually a fully heated £20k pod with electricity and a sofa and not something which cost £199 from B&Q. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The way Leitner thanked Webber but not Farke suggests some bad blood, and there were some strong rumours of clash in the dressing room.

Then we had the Drmic getting changed on his own in a wooden shed thing didn't we.

So I think there is definitely bad blood involved? 

I'm sure Klose would thank Farke, and we wouldn't make him get changed on his own in a wooden shed. Although when it comes to footballers and their living standards, wouldn't surprise me if the 'wooden shed' was actually a fully heated £20k pod with electricity and a sofa and not something which cost £199 from B&Q. 

The Drmic issues seem to arise after he was told he wouldn't be playing in the first team in the Championship and could leave. It seemed to get worse after he was told he wasn't even going to be allowed to play U23s.

Trybull, Sinani, Sitti and Klose are/were in the frozen out group and no sign they are 'bad eggs'. Although, Leitner definitely had a falling out with Farke. So it is 1 (or 2 depending on Drmic) out of 6 who are 'bad eggs'. 

The freezing out seems largely driven on footballing decisions rather than attitude ones.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The freezing out seems largely driven on footballing decisions rather than attitude ones.

Sounds like we discarded Trybull basically because we didn't feel he was suitably physically equipped to play in the top tier in his role, and that looks about right to me based on our last season in this league.

Still a decent player though and good enough to be an asset to a lot of Championship sides, hope he gets another Championship loan to be honest, Fulham would be a decent one for his CV!