On 08/07/2021 at 10:44, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

...that isn't as excited about England being in the Euro 2020 final as they thought they'd be?

I'm in my early 30s so I've never experienced anything like this before, and had you told me before the tournament (or at any point in my life) that England would reach a final I would've thought that I'd be really excited, as there are few bigger football fans than me. 

But I'm just not feeling it. 

I think it's because international football just isn't the same as domestic. As a Norwich fan who follows Lecce as a second team, I've been spoilt with loads of promotion battles in the last few years and I feel so much more invested in those than this England run. I always enjoy the major tournaments but I'm celebrating England goals as they go in with about 10% of the excitement and gusto that I celebrate a Norwich goal.

I see people who are not really into football getting massively into the Euros with England reaching the final, but there's me as a huge football fan that just isn't feeling the enthusiasm. 

Are any of you feeling like this, or am I just weird?

Hugely excited and can’t wait, sadly the pants are moist already!

Edited by Van wink

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Attention seeking taken to a new level even by your standards Lakey.

I'm really not so interested in the football that I think anything is acceptable. If there are a even a few idiots who boo the anthem, it will spoil the occasion for me. Total respect should be shown to a visiting country and their anthem and those singing it should be applauded not booed. 

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be fair, I'm more excited than I was on Thursday morning when I made that post, although I'm still not quite as excited as I am before a big Norwich game. But I'm close.

I can concur. I’m normally extremely moist at this point before a big City game……..normally cos I’ve knocked a pint over!

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Jingoism and the ugly side of nationalism is not something that should be acceptable to anyone. Pride in the country is one thing, disrespecting other nations is another and we should be bigger than that. If there is large scale audible booing during the Italian anthem it will taint the evening, regardless of the result. Some things are more important than football. 

I wouldn’t do it and I wish others wouldn’t, but Jesus, get a grip.

I think all of the utter crap carried out by England fans in the run up to the game, let alone the booing of the Italian national anthem, will have gone a fair way of damaging our national reputation more than it had been already.

Drunken idiots trashing the streets of London, rioting their way into the stadium to try and get in for free. Just cementing the stereotype that the English don't know how to drink responsibly or to handle the drink they do consume.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Jingoism and the ugly side of nationalism is not something that should be acceptable to anyone. Pride in the country is one thing, disrespecting other nations is another and we should be bigger than that. If there is large scale audible booing during the Italian anthem it will taint the evening, regardless of the result. Some things are more important than football. 

The bottom line Lakey is did you watch it or not as there was booing ?

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The bottom line Lakey is did you watch it or not as there was booing ?

I suspect he did, but with two of the corks from his hat firmly pushed into his ears.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I suspect he did, but with two of the corks from his hat firmly pushed into his ears.

Yes I did watch it, but was diasppointed at the booing as I thought I would be - and the wretched people breaking in to the ground.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes I did watch it, but was diasppointed at the booing as I thought I would be - and the wretched people breaking in to the ground.

Glad you weren't so disappointed  that you didn't  watch it. That'd be a bit like  cutting your  nose off to spite your face.  

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Might as well lob this in again.

No description available.

Why? Maybe forward it to the McCann family, I'm sure they'd find it hilarious.