Well b back

Patrick Vieira new Palace manager

You would of Thought he has  been promised lots of money to spend ,

The club is in a Real state with the amout of players that left ,

to rebuild that into a team to stay in the PL is going to take some doing 

You’d think this would be a risky appt for them. But somehow, as it always does with Palace, they’ll be fine. (N.b. I’m desperate to eat my hat though) 

I think they’re one of the 3 to go down. There’s something that screams of relegation there for some reason. How have they not renewed the contracts of the likes of Van Aanholt and Gary Cahill etc? Crazy! I wouldn’t be surprised if we pick over one or two of the bones there to be honest.

You all seem to forget that they've also got Whatsisname who left our recruitment team.

We've lurched from crisis to crisis since Whatsisname left, our signings have been woeful whereas Palace have been in clover. 😀

The De Boer experiment went well, another star from the past.  Only needs Wilf to exit

50 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think they’re one of the 3 to go down. There’s something that screams of relegation there for some reason. How have they not renewed the contracts of the likes of Van Aanholt and Gary Cahill etc? Crazy! I wouldn’t be surprised if we pick over one or two of the bones there to be honest.

Hedge your bets on Brentford/Newcastle/Palace going down

..... I hope

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hedge your bets on Brentford/Newcastle/Palace going down

..... I hope

I know Southampton supporters down here that think they are certain they’re going down this season! Seems a bit of a stretch to me, but as far as they’re concerned Hassnhuttl or whatever he’s called has now overstayed his welcome, they also think they’re going to lose a bunch of their best players, Ings (Kane replacement) and Ward-Prowse are going to Tottenham. 

Yes I've had the Saints in  mind too, and nobody has mentioned Brighton.

Wolves could struggle a bit under new management, whilst i don't think Villa will be the superstar team their supporters seem now seem to expect. Meaning that we could pick up a point or two from them, rather than either being drop-zone candidates.

The Viera appointment is, after Benitez at Everton, the most interesting Premier League managerial appointment of the Summer thus far. Either could go either way. 

Palace's problems have been well documented, whilst Benitez should have the guile and squad to, at least, avoid any danger of a relegation scrap and his main problem will be winning over the Everton fans who just happen to have supported "that little club" since growing out of nappies.

Nuno E. Santo to Spurs, Benitez to Everton. I can't help but feel it would have been a better fit for the two clubs if it had been the other way around.

For a variety of reasons, experience, more prolifigate in the market and evidence of a real determination to not repeat the last mistakes, along with the fact that there seems no shortage of rival candidates for relegation, I feel more confident about City this time around than the last.

Should Farke get us to a decent position next season he will become the hottest property in the English managerial game. Little doubt there.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Wolves could struggle a bit under new management, whilst i don't think Villa will be the superstar team their supporters seem now seem to expect. Meaning that we could pick up a point or two from them, rather than either being drop-zone candidates.

The Viera appointment is, after Benitez at Everton, the most interesting Premier League managerial appointment of the Summer thus far. Either could go either way. 

Palace's problems have been well documented, whilst Benitez should have the guile and squad to, at least, avoid any danger of a relegation scrap and his main problem will be winning over the Everton fans who just happen to have supported "that little club" since growing out of nappies.

Nuno E. Santo to Spurs, Benitez to Everton. I can't help but feel it would have been a better fit for the two clubs if it had been the other way around.

For a variety of reasons, experience, more prolifigate in the market and evidence of a real determination to not repeat the last mistakes, along with the fact that there seems no shortage of rival candidates for relegation, I feel more confident about City this time around than the last.

Should Farke get us to a decent position next season he will become the hottest property in the English managerial game. Little doubt there.

Can't see Brighton going down, they recruit well and finished last season in good form.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was thinking the same. Don't understand why Spurs didn't go for Benitez in particular.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just been reported that Danny Ings has refused to sign a new 4 year contract, so with only 12 months left on his deal they will have no choice but to sell him this summer. Can see where Saints fans are coming from now, they only play well when Ings is leading the line! Bit like Villa and Grealish!