Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

He’s Comin Home

He’s comin home He’s comin home

its Pukki, Pukki’s coming home

Felt a bit sorry for him really basically got Finland to the finals yet don’t think he had a shot at goal in all 3 games in what is a very poor Finland team not creating any chances for him 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

He was not fit

True but on several occasions I saw one Finnish midfield player in particular take long pots on goal when the opportunity was there to put Pukki through on goal. 

I hope we continue to rest Pukki through the early part of preseason after basically 2 years non stop football. Getting him rested and ultimately sufficiently fit is key - he already knows exactly how we play football.

Looked similar to our PL season when he was playing through an injury. Tentative and making some poor decisions. Finland have been poor overall.

I hope we don’t rush him back into the team if he’s not fully ready

• Like 1

The problem was less with his fitness imo and more the way his team played.  The movement of midfield players was noticeably lacking which restricted him no end so very little for him to show what he can do. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The problem was less with his fitness imo and more the way his team played.  The movement of midfield players was noticeably lacking which restricted him no end so very little for him to show what he can do. 

Reckon it’s a combination of both, Lakey. He desperately needs a decent rest and a Butlin’s family holiday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

He was not fit

He can't be that unfit still! His ankle looked ok to me too.

His movement was well off, and he passed up numerous opportunities for the run behind. Could be fitness.. but it looked more like motivation to me, or trust in the team mate making the pass?  In any case he was disappointing. Hope it's not a sign of things to come without emi!

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I thought there were a few times the midfield had heads up looking for the run, but Pukki just stayed on the shoulder of a Belgium defender and didn't oblige. He was a passenger in all honesty, I think Forrs would have offered more last night with his ability to drop deeper and take the ball. 

Pukki has been disappointing, probably not fit and playing in team with a massive inferiority complex and basically set out to draw every game. Don't know why they didn't at least have a go like Macedonia did.

As I said on another thread I don't want to write him off and hopefully he will be back to his oldself next season. All good things come to an end though and NCFC need to be ready for it.

He's had 3 seasons on the trot with barely a break, played through injury, scored the goals that got us promoted, twice, and fired Finland to the Euros. My bet is that he's exhaused , if not physically , then mentally.  Alexo Mosso was correctomundo, he needs a long holiday.

• Like 1

He barely had a sniff of goal thanks to his team's poor performances. It's no surprise by the third game in a row of having virtually no service that he looked a little jaded

Edited by AJ