TIL 1010

Memberships 2021/22.

I'm pleased that I saw this topic. I have been looking on the Ticket section of the Club website to see if there was anything yet about Memberships for next season, but there isn't. it was only after seeing this topic and finding out that the memberships were already on sale, that made me use the search function on the website and then I managed to find all the details.

Anyway now trying to decide if it's worth getting a Home membership for next season. It says that I will be in Group 4. I wonder what the chances are of any tickets still being available for home matches next season below the first 2-3 groups? There is the Home Match Pick, so I guess that would give me a good chance of getting a ticket for one home match next season. But is that worth paying the £25 for one home match ???

Knowing me I probably end up getting the membership, as without it I will have no chance of getting a ticket for a home match next season. I just have my doubts at the moment that i will have much of a chance of getting any tickets.

1 hour ago, NICK07 said:

I'm pleased that I saw this topic. I have been looking on the Ticket section of the Club website to see if there was anything yet about Memberships for next season, but there isn't. it was only after seeing this topic and finding out that the memberships were already on sale, that made me use the search function on the website and then I managed to find all the details.

Anyway now trying to decide if it's worth getting a Home membership for next season. It says that I will be in Group 4. I wonder what the chances are of any tickets still being available for home matches next season below the first 2-3 groups? There is the Home Match Pick, so I guess that would give me a good chance of getting a ticket for one home match next season. But is that worth paying the £25 for one home match ???

Knowing me I probably end up getting the membership, as without it I will have no chance of getting a ticket for a home match next season. I just have my doubts at the moment that i will have much of a chance of getting any tickets.

Interesting post thank you for posting 

Is it a seasons membership  you want or are you hoping for a 'Perpetuity Perk'.... I've  heard that if you ask enough times, the Club eventually  caves in, rewites the meaning of the phrase ' for life' and Bingo! ..You and your descendants have access till.....well, whenever really.😇

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NICK07 said:

Had membership for years and always  came in handy....was only twenty quid then though . Have let it lapse last couple of seasons,  still managed to get tickets at face value  for the couple of games I was able to  attend  mind, so nothing lost,  except  10% discount in Club shop which to be honest,  doesn't thrill me much anyway. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

We've renewed our away membership, hoping to get tickets to some away games next season , didn't cost much as took off our rebate from last season

20 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Had membership for years and always  came in handy....was only twenty quid then though . Have let it lapse last couple of seasons,  still managed to get tickets at face value  for the couple of games I was able to  attend  mind, so nothing lost,  except  10% discount in Club shop which to be honest,  doesn't thrill me much anyway. 

Personally, I was happy with £25 for the fantastic scarf and flag, the ticket thing was just a bonus.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is sarcastic. I was a little bit embarrassed for anyone I saw at a match who'd actually brought one of the scarves with them. 😶

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

For the avoidance of doubt, this is sarcastic. I was a little bit embarrassed for anyone I saw at a match who'd actually brought one of the scarves with them. 😶

Must agree I much prefer sporting the knitted variety versus the polyester member specimens. There have been some lovely official designs of the former down the years.

Presumably not economic to include that type in the package. it’s a nice souvenir but I don’t wear them either... I’d rather be given, say, a second Match Pick instead, Ho Ho 

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Must agree I much prefer sporting the knitted variety versus the polyester member specimens. There have been some lovely official designs of the former down the years.

Presumably not economic to include that type in the package. it’s a nice souvenir but I don’t wear them either... I’d rather be given, say, a second Match Pick instead, Ho Ho 

Maybe the club could sell an option to get priority in the queue for the priority queue for tickets? 🤪

On 25/05/2021 at 17:30, Nuff Said said:

Maybe the club could sell an option to get priority in the queue for the priority queue for tickets? 🤪

That's us, the Ryanair of football 😇

On 25/05/2021 at 20:46, Darth Canary1 said:

I've bought both home and away and assumed my credits would automatically be applied, I was wrong. I'm so dumb lol

Another well known Ryanair tactic, make getting any kind of refund so convoluted that a reasonable percentage of people don't bother. 

I don't actually believe  that  the Cliub is using the Ryanair  approach, but there are certain little things like credit not being automatically applied ( or offered) at next purchase,  that just irritate  me a little....I'm not an IT bod but surely it can't be that hard to sort.

On other matters. Any idea how the first pick will be decided? If more people choose a game as their first pick than there are tickets, how will they decide who gets it as they suggest that first pick is ahead of loyalty points in the article?