Graham Paddons Beard

End of an era ... Captain Fistpump

He wanted to make a Faustian bargain to beat Norwich, but it never materialised. (German wordplay gag in there, if anyone can get it... 😉 )

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

But why didn't you say all that initially?

Are you moderating the entire board or just parts ? 🙃

37 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I'll always remember him fondly for his frankly outstanding gallery of 'being in the background of Norwich players scoring goals'

Excellent . He was some way in the distance. Poor lad  didn’t even get close enough to kick anyone 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

I'll always remember him fondly for his frankly outstanding gallery of 'being in the background of Norwich players scoring goals'

Jump Chambo...jump...nope - too busy minding the gap

Lewis Grabban

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Are you moderating the entire board or just parts ? 🙃

Hilarious! 

They've really ripped the guts out of that squad over the past few days. Chambers, Skuse, Sears, Judge, Ward, Huws all off... along with their player of the year Wilson. Five others have been given one-year extensions so will be out of contract again next summer, and they're trying to keep hold of Edwards but he's interesting other clubs.

This is going to be an absolutely massive summer for Cook and the new owners; success is expected, demanded and required next season, but they're hardly going to be given enough money to buy their way out of the division. There is very little margin for error, and the financial consequences of not getting up next season could be catastrophic.

Love the way Project Candid Chambo took off on here. The below is a personal favourite 😊

14-Johnson-PA.jpg

• Haha 4

Funny comment from an Ipswich fan on The Athletic talking about MM. I think this comment pretty much sums up whats wrong with their attitude down there and why they'll never be able to move forward. Basically they are a wonderful, massive club and MM didn't pretend to gush over it like they wanted and feed their delusion. 

"His famous directness was always directed at the fans never even a hint of a word spoken against the owner. Ipswich fans are (like all fans) proud of their traditions, history and culture but Mccarthy never acknowledged that. Always the outsider, whom we should be grateful to have, and never a man proud to be part of the clubs history."

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

On 11/05/2021 at 07:52, Feedthewolf said:

This is going to be an absolutely massive summer for Cook and the new owners; success is expected, demanded and required next season, but they're hardly going to be given enough money to buy their way out of the division. There is very little margin for error, and the financial consequences of not getting up next season could be catastrophic.

......according to some joker over there, Cook has got a 40 million war chest to bring new players in....... so that's Emi's left leg covered.

On 17/05/2021 at 11:47, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Funny comment from an Ipswich fan on The Athletic talking about MM. I think this comment pretty much sums up whats wrong with their attitude down there and why they'll never be able to move forward. Basically they are a wonderful, massive club and MM didn't pretend to gush over it like they wanted and feed their delusion. 

"His famous directness was always directed at the fans never even a hint of a word spoken against the owner. Ipswich fans are (like all fans) proud of their traditions, history and culture but Mccarthy never acknowledged that. Always the outsider, whom we should be grateful to have, and never a man proud to be part of the clubs history."

And yet Mad Mick was their most successful. Any organisation focusing on the past achieves bugg3r all. Mick knew that and didn’t cover the walls with pics of Kevin Beatie. 
I saw that Chambo referred to us as “that lot up the road” . I fear that we will haunt him for ever more . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

......according to some joker over there, Cook has got a 40 million war chest to bring new players in....... so that's Emi's left leg covered.

If they spend 40m , with a turnover of £ 27.50 I would imagine the EFL would have a look at the FFP side of things? 

• Haha 1

Thought I would check out the Fortunes of our old friend Capt Fistpump. 

I am happy to report that absolutely nothing has changed for him. Yesterday he and several ex Binner chums , now plying their trade at Colchester United , lost at home to Salford . Currently Col Utd sit 18th in League Division 4 . 

Friends , I honestly think a statue just outside the Queen of Iceni is in order . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 2

This is one of the most unnecessarily cruel threads on this board. Filled with bile, callous mocking and a smug sense of superiority.

I love it.

• Like 1