Jersey Canary

Potential Problem Next Season

If we don’t sign Farke up for a longer contract who’s going to sign for us? It’s going to make our job that much harder if the potential players know he’s off in 12 months time.  

I'm sure we could knock up a rota for people on here to have a go, a week at a time! 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I'm sure we could knock up a rota for people on here to have a go, a week at a time! 

The ultimate ‘take one game at a time’

Edited by GenerationA47

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how clubs like Watford can go through around 50 managers in a week yet have no problems signing players 🤔

The Pozzi Family wealth might have something to do with it and the fact that Watford borrow players from sister clubs might help. We don’t have that luxury. 

10 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Oh $hit you're right! 

Anyone got Webbers number? We need to warn him about this RIGHT NOW.

Webber is part of the problem as well. As he keeps saying he’s going after the end of the season does that mean he’ll take Farke with him? We need clarity ASAP so we can concentrate on having a good PL season without any self inflicted distractions. 

Chill Jersey, I’m sure our wonderful club have everything under control.

For the moment let’s enjoy what we have just done this season and look forward to being back in the EPL next season.

I don't think its going to be too much of a problem, we are a Premier league club with all the prestige that comes with that and which will be offering better wages than the Championship/French league/German league for the level of players we will be going for. No doubt the club will be having talks with Farke, but at the end of the day a managers job is one of the most insecure in the world... if a player is worried about signing for a club because the manger might not be there in a year, well, lets just say there are some clubs where they might be lucky to still have the manager in 4 months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pearsos said:

Chill Jersey, I’m sure our wonderful club have everything under control.

For the moment let’s enjoy what we have just done this season and look forward to being back in the EPL next season.

I’m very relaxed. I think we’ll do well next season.

I just want to see the club carry on the good work with the academy and recruitment by future proofing the top of the club.

12 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Webber is part of the problem as well. As he keeps saying he’s going after the end of the season does that mean he’ll take Farke with him? We need clarity ASAP so we can concentrate on having a good PL season without any self inflicted distractions. 

Over thinking this mate. If you listen to anything Webber has put out in the last 3 years and the main theme is leaving a legacy. That means putting the club in a better place than before he arrived. Walking out the door with no successor already hired and stripping us of our manager doesn't seem to match that. He will have ambitions to go to a club that might be out of Farke's reach for now, where as Daniel himself I could see signing a 1 year rolling extension to see the lay of the land at the end of this season. Doubt he would want to do a third Championship season as he has proved he's too good for it now, but if we were to stay up I'm sure he would be interested to try and push us on with the funds available for a second season.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how clubs like Watford can go through around 50 managers in a week yet have no problems signing players 🤔

That is Watford's culture though. I'm not sure what the structure is above the manager there, but I doubt whoever joins them will be thinking about 2-3 seasons progression under the same manager, and as a London club its not going to be too much of a change to switch to another club if it goes **** up. 

Whereas players who join Norwich are likely to buy into the overarching model, with Webber and Farke as the pillars and everything else around that including the location. So for us, if there's a question mark over where the manager (and Sporting Director to that end) might find themselves after next season then it may be harder for players / agents to buy into the long-term project. 

Its not going to stop us buying players at all, and probably not affect our main first team targets, but it is feasible that youngsters looking to develop here over 3-4 seasons (like we have seen from Maddison, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis etc etc) could have second thoughts. 

1 hour ago, pearsos said:

Somebody ring Boris’s mobile and ask him to have a word with Daniel 😉😉

Done it! He says he'll give him a call as soon as he's convinced Halfords to donate him a new bike.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

If the worst comes to the worst Paul Lambert is available 

He’s Mark McGhee 11. After having the Midas touch at one club everything they touched after turned to turd. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Done it! He says he'll give him a call as soon as he's convinced Halfords to donate him a new bike.

Nice one 👍👍👍