Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TWTD Norwich envy

What I do find hilarious is their pitchfork waving bleats that it is all Lambert’s fault....it is it all down to Hurst, or McCarthy

Never, the recognition that their grubby little club has had it's moment in the sun and this is actually their level

Yes, the ;mighty town who have spent the last 40 odd years being a non achieving grubby little club in the arz end of nowhere 0 who have also spent millions of pounds of other people's money trying to stave off that reality

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

What I do find hilarious is their pitchfork waving bleats that it is all Lambert’s fault....it is it all down to Hurst, or McCarthy

Never, the recognition that their grubby little club has had it's moment in the sun and this is actually their level

Yes, the ;mighty town who have spent the last 40 odd years being a non achieving grubby little club in the arz end of nowhere 0 who have also spent millions of pounds of other people's money trying to stave off that reality

Not sure I'd put it quite like that but it's true that they did nothing before 1960 and nothing after 1982, so a 22 year hiatus,  yet they bang on about their history,  using words like tradition,  like it gives them the right to beat Swindon on a Saturday afternoon (it doesn't).

Truth is, they've been left behind, returning to the footballing backwater that they were before Ramsey and Robson gave them some memories. It's sad really, that so many of them spend more time living in the late 70s than the reality of today.

Still, even flares and mullets were popular, once.😜

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

“In my 30 years of supporting Town” - I bet even he bangs on about their “history” and he hasn’t seen any of it 😂🤣.

30 years is nothing mate. You beat a Czechoslovakian  team  (Country doesn’t exist anymore) to help win a cup (that doesn’t exist anymore) 40 years ago! 

Before  you won a cup  at a stadium they knocked down years ago! 

Lovely old job. ITFC - the gift that keep on giving . 

4 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Not sure I'd put it quite like that but it's true that they did nothing before 1960 and nothing after 1982, so a 22 year hiatus,  yet they bang on about their history,  using words like tradition,  like it gives them the right to beat Swindon on a Saturday afternoon (it doesn't).

Truth is, they've been left behind, returning to the footballing backwater that they were before Ramsey and Robson gave them some memories. It's sad really, that so many of them spend more time living in the late 70s than the reality of today.

Still, even flares and mullets were popular, once.😜

The way they talk on there and bang on about their history, they seem to think they are some sort of footballing heavyweight, a giant club that people the world-over acknowledge and respect for things they did 50 years ago.

They don't.

Literally no one cares, even knows who they are or remembers those days half a century ago. No one gives a damn about them apart from their fans, and even then I wonder.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Although fair's fair.......... the 'Win a Trip to League 2!' competition is a nice touch. 🙂 

As is ‘Free Phil Ham’ ..

grudging respect for this small protest