Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

...so, an XI for Saturday?!

It’s starting to look decidedly thin on the ground now, presumably no Krul and no Emi, with none of the injured guys fit to come back in. Think I’ll go with:

Mcgovern, Max, Gibson, Grant, Lungi; Skipp, Rupp; Placheta, Mario, Martin; Pukki

Might be a bit much to start with Tettey, so if Rupp is ok I’d start him; Marco might need a break after tonight’s knock to the head.

The bench will definitely have a very inexperienced look...

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s starting to look decidedly thin on the ground now, presumably no Krul and no Emi, with none of the injured guys fit to come back in. Think I’ll go with:

Mcgovern, Max, Gibson, Grant, Lungi; Skipp, Rupp; Placheta, Mario, Martin; Pukki

Might be a bit much to start with Tettey, so if Rupp is ok I’d start him; Marco might need a break after tonight’s knock to the head.

The bench will definitely have a very inexperienced look...

Assuming Krul is out and nobody else returns that wasn't involved tonight, by my calculations we'll only have 14 available players who have ever played a league game: the XI in this post plus Zimmermann, Tettey and Stiepermann. After those we have Barden, McAlear, TDP, possibly Nizet, Dennis and Hondermarck?

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

-----------------------McGovern-----------------------
-------Hanley--Zimmermann--Gibson-------
--Aarons-----Skipp----Sorensen------Nizet--
-------------Martin--------------Placheta-----------
--------------------------Pukki----------------------------

Subs: Barden, Rupp, McAlear, Dennis, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Hondermarck, Dickson-Peters, Omotoye or Omobamidele if either are fit. EDIT: Left out Tettey! Let him come off the bench, hopefully to protect the lead.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

Sounds like Pukki has tight hamstrings too! Stipermann a possible concussion. I have never know 2 seasons with such bad injuries after we didn’t really have too many in our promotion season.

Bournemouth are starting to look good too and they don’t have all of our injuries. We just need some bloo*y luck 

From Farke's post match summary think it unlikely we'll see Pukki start despite not having a readymade replacement.  We might see Dickson-Peters start with Pukki ready to come on late in the match.

Stiepermann (if fit) could play as a striker, think he used to be one...perhaps with another raft of injuries we could rethink Drmic?

Edited by Branston Pickle

Drmich and Moritz was must to stay and train at least with youths since we pay them full wages.

We can pray for free kick,s Mario to safe us vs Coventry .

Pukki for me is the biggest concern as the player we can least afford to lose. 

At least Buendia gets a rest for a week. 

But we should have enough to beat Coventry. 

9 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Pukki for me is the biggest concern as the player we can least afford to lose. 

Hopefully - and no McCallum for Coventry. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Pukki for me is the biggest concern as the player we can least afford to lose

Absolutely right which is why on no account must he be 'patched up' and 'injected' on the false pretext that ............'we had no choice'. 

If Pukki does his hamstring because he's simply wheeled out that will be gross bad management. I would rest him for at least ten days - two weeks. D-P can play up front. He may be raw but so what. At least he would give everything and provide an outlet to relieve pressure and would gain invaluable experience. Fortunately we've had a fantastic run of results which gives us much needed breathing space should we drop some points over the next couple of weeks due to this horrendous injury list. It's far worse than last season as it is hitting all areas of the team. 

Very difficult this without knowing the situation with Pukki and Stiepermann but assuming they are fit then I would go with:

McGovern

Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen

Skipp Vrancic

Rupp Stiepermann Martin

Pukki

If Pukki can;t play but Stiepermann can then either play Marco up front or may as well give Dickson Peters a go and play Vrancic in Stiepermann's role.

If Stiepermann can;t play then put Rupp next to Skipp again and play Vrancic in the more advanced role.