A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

On 19/01/2024 at 08:47, Herman said:

Your mate Rocky isn't writing on twitter.

I quit Twitter a few years ago Hermie. It's totally toxic and serves no useful purpose at all. I think it's purpose is to distract us from reality. 

I like Musk but even his presence doesn't improve the product as far as I can see. 

On 19/01/2024 at 09:20, Creative Midfielder said:

As someone who has never used Twitter, and doesn't intend to ever, my experience of it is by definition second-hand but of course you get those second-hand glimpses of it all the time.

IMO, right from the start it had a rather unhealthy side to it and that has steadily increased over the years - then the Musk takeover elevated it to a whole new level where a description of it as evil is probably justified. Obviously that's not true of all the content but I would suggest that it unarguably causes a great deal more harm than good.

It has baffled me for years why our utterly useless government (I suppose that may be a clue 😀 ) has failed to introduce legislation that hold Twitter, and the other tech platforms, to the same standards as our printed, broadcast, other electronic publishers are all held and made accountable for the content that they publish instead of allowing these tech platforms to hide behind the absolutely nonsensical line that they are not the publishers of what their platforms pump out.

Unless and until that happens then things will continue to get worse because bizzarrely the one and only check on these social media platforms seems to be the worry of scaring off advertisers who don't want their adverts appearing alongside vile content and in reality even the advertisers are part of an ecosystem which is essentially a race to the bottom.

The problem is social media companies have been allowed to grow too big and are now more powerful than most nation states. In the past the US has broken up industries such as banking, oil and communications where companies were threatening to create monopoly positions. Social media companies present a special problem because it would be very easy for a social media company to upsticks and move to more favourable locations. You don't have to be in Silicon Valley to run Google. But you are right that social media needs an overhaul. I think one should minimum age 18 to have social media account for starters 

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Bald men fighting over comb, yet again.😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68077142

Crazy though it may seem, he's probably right. Lose this election and it will be 10 or 15 years before we see another Conservative government, if at all. It would be quite funny if they went over 50 letters by mistake. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I quit Twitter a few years ago Hermie. It's totally toxic and serves no useful purpose at all. I think it's purpose is to distract us from reality. 

I like Musk but even his presence doesn't improve the product as far as I can see. 

You've been distracted from reality from the first day you started posting.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Indeed! When you don't have a single positive thing you can say about your performance after 14-years of corrupt and incompetent government, all you have left is to claim the alternative would be worse than we have been. What a sorry state the Tories are in.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! When you don't have a single positive thing you can say about your performance after 14-years of corrupt and incompetent government, all you have left is to claim the alternative would be worse than we have been. What a sorry state the Tories are in.

Exactly. Culture wars and attacks like this are all they have left. I will definitely be voting tactically so whilst Bolton West does have one of the highest Tory majorities in Greater Manchester (if not indeed the highest) I wouldn't be surprised if it switched as it used to be a very close-run marginal.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2024 at 13:51, horsefly said:

Everybody in the country except for a few left-wing nutjobs knows that the alternative to a Tory government is always worse. That's why Tory governments are the norm and Labour governments the exception. But this Tory government has stopped being conservative and voters are saying there is very little dividing the parties and so we are going to punish the Tories. There is no love for Labour.

Edited by Rock The Boat

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Everybody in the country except for a few left-wing nutjobs knows that the alternative to a Tory government is always worse. That's why Tory governments are the norm and Labour governments the exception. But this Tory government has stopped being conservative and voters are saying there is very little dividing the parties and so we are going to punish the Tories. There is no love for Labour.

'Everyone in the country', you are bat sh!t mental.

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Hahahahaha! Sure! That's why Labour were voted in 3 times (13 years) from 1997, you utter buffoon.

More signs that all this tired set of loonies have are misplaced attacks and this is going to be a dirty campaign. The projection in this article is incredible.

ESTHER MCVEY: Does Keir Starmer want a society of feuding factions? Not only is he a card-carrying culture warrior, he's found himself fighting on the wrong side (msn.com)

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

More signs that all this tired set of loonies have are misplaced attacks and this is going to be a dirty campaign. The projection in this article is incredible.

ESTHER MCVEY: Does Keir Starmer want a society of feuding factions? Not only is he a card-carrying culture warrior, he's found himself fighting on the wrong side (msn.com)

Yup - Straight into the gutter they go - looking down.

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I guess she didn't watch PMQ's this week, when all Sunak had to offer was the standard culture war BS about taking the knee, about Starmer's work as a defence barrister, about women with penises,  etc, etc.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 07:44, horsefly said:

Hahahahaha! Sure! That's why Labour were voted in 3 times (13 years) from 1997, you utter buffoon.

Blair promised to continue Tory economic policies which he did in the early years of the Labour government until the Labour addiction to spend, spend, spend could no longer be resisted. 

On 26/01/2024 at 10:30, Yellow Fever said:

Yup - Straight into the gutter they go - looking down.

To be fair, if you want to find Starmer, where else would you go? This is the man who thinks women can have dikz

On 26/01/2024 at 12:35, horsefly said:

I guess she didn't watch PMQ's this week, when all Sunak had to offer was the standard culture war BS about taking the knee, about Starmer's work as a defence barrister, about women with penises,  etc, etc.

So you too think women can have dikz and there you are calling other people buffoons. Bat **** crazy you are

16 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So you too think women can have dikz and there you are calling other people buffoons. Bat **** crazy you are

Another simpleton who prefers ignorant  bigotry over any attempt to understand the difference between biological sex and socially constructed gender. Perhaps you might (just for for once) spend a few moments educating yourself about the plight of people faced with a genuine belief and trauma that their body defies their psychological gender identity. Indeed, why not start with Norfolk's very own Bond girl Caroline Cossey (Not a woman according to you) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Cossey

To be fair, if you want to find Starmer, where else would you go? This is the man who thinks women can have dikz

Anyone have a theory about why RTB is so obsessed with dic*ks?

• Haha 1

You couldn’t make up some of todays news

Firstly we hear Rwandans are being granted asylum in the U.K. as they are being persecuted in Rwanda

Then we hear that the Navy do not even have enough missiles to take out Houthi missile sites, even though we have sent billions of pounds worth to other countries

And then to cap it all, we hear the electoral commission calling foul as they are claiming the Tories are trying to bring in rules to ‘ rig ‘ the election. They have compared what they are being told to do as a cricket team telling the umpires how they can enforce the rules of the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/25548637/tory-mps-shaving-beard-turn-off-voters/

Ah yes of course. It's the beards that make me think they're useless lying scum...

I'd actually heard that stated reaction years ago ... probably a study somewhere. Men with beards are less trusworthy / something to hide.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Most of the dictators of the world seem to get a lot of mileage out of bashing a lot of  ideas around transgenderism. One has to consider the possibility that if, in the eyes of a lot of people, greedy corrupt kleptocrats are preferable to seeing these ideas furthered, one has to entertain the possibility that they're not very convincing ideas and are maybe best abandoned.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

19 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Most of the dictators of the world seem to get a lot of mileage out of bashing a lot of  ideas around transgenderism. One has to consider the possibility that if, in the eyes of a lot of people, greedy corrupt kleptocrats are preferable to seeing these ideas furthered, one has to entertain the possibility that they're not very convincing ideas and are maybe best abandoned.

Agree in essence, I would say they often get a lot of mileage on anything not nuclear family-related as well, so chuck homosexuality into that mixer too, and indeed probably even single women/career women just because they don't follow "traditional" roles.

Interesting that Lord Clarke yesterday ( who has supported the Rwanda bill up until last night ) says the reason he cannot support it anymore is that this would be the first step to the U.K. becoming a dictatorship.

• Like 1

Just listening to the Teesworks debacle.

I think comment that leaps into my mind is 'fill yer boots!'