Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Great result last night. Hopefully they can progress in this competition and give the youngsters a few matches against FL sides.

I see Dennis scored two. According to the internet he’s a right back/right midfield and yet Sky had him down as playing up front. I wonder where he played last night and whether we’ve moved him to play up front? If so we may have (whether by accident or design) found a new forward. 
 

It’ll be interesting to hear from someone who knows a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis scored one; Hondermarck and Omotoye scored the others.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/september/match-report-for-norwich-city-under-21s-v-plymouth-argyle-08-september-2020/

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-in-efl-trophy-1-6828880

I understand where the confusion has come from though: The Pink Un has gone with the headline 'Dennis at the double' on social media, even though the article only gives him the one goal.

I think Dennis probably played on the wing, or maybe in midfield, based on the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He played on the wing. Dennis filled in as an emergency right back at Arsenal but that isn’t his position. He wasn’t a regular in their U23 team, which is why his contract wasn’t renewed and he would get into the team when others were injured and he was a bit of a utility player. He played central midfield at U18s level.

Dennis may have grabbed the headlines but Hondermarck is the star of that U21 team. Omotoye (a Belgian youth international) also has a lot of potential. After a couple of seasons of not having a great U23/U21 team (as many players were on loan or move up to the first team) is this cohort look pretty good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Dennis may have grabbed the headlines but Hondermarck is the star of that U21 team.

He looks better every time I see him, really strong running with the ball and good shooting and passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlights here. Lovely finish by Dennis for the last goal - and great through ball by Hondermarck for the second - and a great finish by Hondermarck for the first.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He played on the wing. Dennis filled in as an emergency right back at Arsenal but that isn’t his position. He wasn’t a regular in their U23 team, which is why his contract wasn’t renewed and he would get into the team when others were injured and he was a bit of a utility player. He played central midfield at U18s level.

Dennis may have grabbed the headlines but Hondermarck is the star of that U21 team. Omotoye (a Belgian youth international) also has a lot of potential. After a couple of seasons of not having a great U23/U21 team (as many players were on loan or move up to the first team) is this cohort look pretty good. 

Think Hutchinson will be back to play a part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The binners also lost last night to Arsenal U21's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

The binners also lost last night to Arsenal U21's

1p5wich losing is always a bonus. Them losing a bit of confidence before the season starts will hopefully bode well for them. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Has football ceased to be a contact sport/ That was an incredibly soft (or wrong) penalty.

Contact from behind  in the penalty area will inevitably  lead to a penalty decision, it's a foul outside the box , so it's a penalty inside it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Contact from behind  in the penalty area will inevitably  lead to a penalty decision, it's a foul outside the box , so it's a penalty inside it.

And let’s not forget, as the pundits insist.., “if there’s contact, he has the right to go down” #pathetic

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else feel if Bethnal says someone like hondermarck is good then you just accept it. The bloke is an absolute legend and should have been fan of the year at least once. Any other players you’ll feel are going to be decent? What’s the latest on Shakpokemon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...