Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

If the choice was yours?

So, with the potential arrangement of allowing a certain number of ST holders into the ground during the upcoming season and randomly placing them in various stands.

Where (if you had a choice) would you:

1. Want to sit and why?

2. Not want to sit and why?

3. Specifically sit a poster on here and why?

Me? I'd sit behind DF and continually shout Forrrrrrwaaaaaaard. Just so he can benefit from my insight and reading of the game.

Until such point as either a genuine vaccine for Covid exists, or if seating is massively restricted to take into account sensible distancing as well as strong in/out organisation from/to the ground, then I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a stadium at present.

Assuming either of those things happened, I've always preferred to sit on either side rather than behind one of the goals as I find I can see more of the game the way I want that way.

But as someone who rarely manages to get to CR, it's pretty much a moot point for fans like myself who don't live close enough to attend on a consistent basis.

1. Don't really mind but preferably City Stand as you can observe coaches in the dugout and read body language etc.

2. The blankets because you get wet when it rains and people block the exits if they leave early so you cannot see the pitch according to Nutty.

3. I would love to sit with waveney as he apparently is my mate.

Whilst we know roughly what the clubs plan is, one question they haven't answered is how different season ticket costs are impacted.  For example someone sitting in one of the lounges in the City Stand pays more than someone sitting in the Lower Barclay.  But the way it's being set up could mean that they end up sitting in each others seat, whilst City Stand man/woman is paying X for the ticket and Barclay man/woman is paying Y - that seems a bit unfair.

I'm more than happy to go, it's essentially outside so transmission rates are extremely low with correct distancing.  It will be interesting to see how they manage entrance and exit from the stadium though.

Got to be the Jarrold for me, best view in the ground.

Any of the seats directly behind the goals or in the upper tiers behind the goals - no thanks.

1. Block E Barclay is always pretty good but the view from the jarrold always wins it for me. A great vantage point

2. any of the “upper” tiers. Every time I’ve sat up there you are totally disconnected from the game

3. You have all been so lovely to me on here I’d sit next to any of you

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

1. Don't really mind but preferably City Stand as you can observe coaches in the dugout and read body language etc.

2. The blankets because you get wet when it rains and people block the exits if they leave early so you cannot see the pitch according to Nutty.

With regard to Number 3, which incarnation of Waveney would you like to sit with?.......

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

With regard to Number 3, which incarnation of Waveney would you like to sit with?.......

It won’t matter, they’re all bell ends

• Like 1

Im going to take a punt and say the only open the City and Jarrold Stand for the 6,000 with an even spread as is allowed. That was they don't have to have the extra staffing costs of the additional bars, and stewards etc in the ends behind the goal. Not my favourite spot to sit, but probably the best view is towards the back of the Jarrold! 

1. Very happy with my seat two-thirds back in Block K of the Jarrold. The back of the City Stand is pretty good but you need to be a size zero or a child to sit comfortably in those seats.

2. Lower Barclay. Good atmosphere but sun in your eyes.

3. Anyone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously on here. It’s only a b*oody football forum after all....

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's going to be a bloody big 'bubble'! 😄

1. I sit right up the back of the River End upper. It's where my dad chose to sit, as he got his ST before me (I used to play/referee on Saturdays). Sure it's a bit lacking in atmosphere, but I love the view from there and being able to see all the movement off the ball.

2. Really wouldn't want to sit right near the front. On the occasions I have done, the novelty of hearing the players shouting and being up close to the action soon wears off. I love being in the 'crow's nest', whichever ground I'm in. Newcastle away is great for that!

3. Would be brilliant to watch a game with Parma and/or Bethnal. Love reading their insights into the game on here.

• Thanks 1