Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Farke is a fraud

Yep we are in a great place... -30 goal difference, 7 points (make it 8 given the GD) ... Looking forward to pushing on in a lower league with a 95% income drop and best players sold....

7 hours ago, daly said:

The most frustrating thing about each time we have been promoted nothing has been learned.  Every January transfer window we are forced by our position in the league to try and buy our way out of trouble

Nothing will ever change 

This is exactly right.

We just didn't invest and take a punt. The financial reward was worth a bit of risk, if we had still failed then we would of had the assets to sell - ie. The players! 

Nobody was thinking Norwich will go and spend 100m. But 40m or 50m wouldn't of been bad. Still on the smaller side of what premier clubs spend but mega money for Norwich. As I said, the financial reward for staying up would of more than made it worth it. I get why they didn't, that Norwich is a self run club, they like to be in the black, they aren't putting the club at risk etc. I also understand that you don't get your 150million in your bank account when you go up the next day, but if that is how it is, it's same for everyone, so what's the problem on using credit? They know it's coming, big businesses do it.

Daly, totally right! When the premier League got mega money, and we were fortunate enough in 2015 to get promoted via play offs, that is when we should of gone hell for leather and spent some money. Properly aswell, not the panic buys in Jan! But nope, we stuck with what we got and got turned over (I acknowledge there were signings made and transfer records broken, but it was a bit of hash up and last minute, but at the time I was happy they were trying)

Most people who oppose this point to Fulham last year and say, "well just because you spend 100m doesn't mean you stay up."

True, but it does give you a much better chance as per the countless other teams who spend money and do not get relegated. 

Just think if the Fulham relegation never happened, everyone would of said this summer (non) spend was insane.

Which leads me on to say, insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Sound familiar much?

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nope. They get the ride they deserve, that is naturally what happens when you have such a large number of people to average it out. The reality is most are happy to have them as our owners and I think that will be even more evident next year as some clubs who have been owned by rich billionaires currently or recently find themselves in financial ruin.

You mean next year when Delia will turn 80 and MWJ will be 82 and still have zilch money to invest in the club. Not forgetting of course that in a years time Webber will be starting to pack his bags.

Yes. it's la la land time

a place where the not too bright imagine that banks will simply hand over tens of millions of pounds for clubs to buy players

a place where once relegated those players will not happily sit on huge wage contracts unable to be shifted

this conjured up Brigadoon appears not on a ten year cycle, but regularly whenever the delusions of the not too bright and the senile collide with reality

look at Aston Villa they cry, in their sheep like bleats..... they spent money

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daly said:

The most frustrating thing about each time we have been promoted nothing has been learned.  Every January transfer window we are forced by our position in the league to try and buy our way out of trouble

Nothing will ever change 

Rather depressingly we didn’t bother much with either window this season.

13 hours ago, king canary said:

I guess we sort of don't know- he never used any of them.

Amadou was considered good enough to play 30 minutes against Barcelona last week.. 

I thought he looked good but we only used him out of position as a CB. Our loss. 

13 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Right. Put yourself in this scenario. You are Daniel Farke,. You have been forced to accept freebies, gambles and injury prone players and have somehow gotten this team of misfits promoted, while playing some nice football with roughly a -20M budget.

Now you find yourself in the PL, you have a bang average Championship side that is pretty nifty technically but is full of midgets that couldn't outsprint or outmuscle your  typical L1 player, that can only play one way which is to pass through inferior teams and you have no squad options to alter this. You're given no budget at all and are expected to take on the toughest and most physical league in the world without a chance in hell.

I'd concede that this is our worst ever top flight team, in fact I'd say we're embarrassing. But Farke is one of the last people I'd blame.

Well written and fairly summarised. As a manager you are always in a no win situation with subs but Daniel never uses subs as we the fans demand. 

I agree with your comment about having a small team especially in midfield. We have so many midfielders but only about 2 that are any good. 

It’ll be interesting to see the squad which starts the championship next year. Considering we’re going to have a few players who will want to go, we have a few players who need to go and a few youngsters in the u 23 who will no doubt be given a chance to step up.

I’m pretty sure we won’t see any serious change in financial spending regardless of potential money in from transfers, our board will consolidate the coffers and use the usual statements of securing the clubs future.

It is just where we are, but we do have a good coach in Farke. When is Webber due to go? I thought some on here said he was here for three years then wanted to move on!

13 hours ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Daniel Farke isn’t a fraud! Stuart Webber isn’t a fraud! The players aren’t frauds!

The owners are frauds desperately clinging onto ownership of the club without the means to take it forward!

For the greater good, please please step aside

They have said they welcome new investments but no one has come forward. The club is a business and it's important we don't overspend and go bust. I think they do a good job and i think you would agree with that 12 months ago???

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Spot on for me but can I add that I also think we took the knee before the game but forgot to get up afterwards. For me we need to use the remaining 8 league games as pre-season preparation for the Championship, give the youngsters some experience and maybe have a go at the FA Cup although after tonight I think that is a pipe dream.........

I think the lads were under a lot if pressure yesterday and it showed. I think DF should get them to relax, forget about trying to stay  up, revert to a more defensive line up that we know how to play, introduce some younger players and see what happens. 

• Like 1

"Farke is a fraud
What a sh*te team to support
We've got Drmic and Duda and Rupp
There's no chance of us coming back up
La la la la la la la la la
We'll sell all the kids for peanuts
We're going down"

Give over, Keith.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

"Farke is a fraud
What a sh*te team to support
We've got Drmic and Duda and Rupp
There's no chance of us coming back up
La la la la la la la la la
We'll sell all the kids for peanuts
We're going down"

Give over, Keith.

If you feel we are a sh*t team to support why don't you go and support KL or Ipswich? 

16 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

If you feel we are a sh*t team to support why don't you go and support KL or Ipswich? 

*whoosh*