Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

The one you had 😉

Fortunately I was wearing kryptonite underpants at the time so the chip didn't activate😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More bad news unfortunately for AZ.

Canada firstly suspend giving vaccine to under 55’s and now Germany have suspended to under 60’s. This follows more data on a rare blood clot that seems to appear in 1 in 100,000 younger people, not 1 in 1 million as was shown to the EMA.

Dont shoot the messenger please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

More bad news unfortunately for AZ.

Canada firstly suspend giving vaccine to under 55’s and now Germany have suspended to under 60’s. This follows more data on a rare blood clot that seems to appear in 1 in 100,000 younger people, not 1 in 1 million as was shown to the EMA.

Dont shoot the messenger please.

I’m not sure I really care anymore, we are fighting a pandemic with amazingly successful vaccines, let others make their own decisions. Over half of our population have antibodies, fantastic news for the UK. If the Germans now have some spare vaccine perhaps they could send it over!

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I read the risk benefit ratio for the AZ vaccine still is hugely in favour of its use, if there are alternative options for younger women then consider those.

Not yet peer reviewed and remember the benefits still outweigh the risk:

 

This study summarizes the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients who exhibited blood clotting events following vaccination with AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine (AZD1222). The researchers suggest that these events resemble a known disorder – heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) – which is treatable if identified promptly. At the time of this posting, the World Health Organization maintains that the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue. The authors disclose conflicts of interest, including personal fees from Pfizer and other pharmaceutical companies.

Background. Vaccines are important for managing the COVID-19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2. However, following widespread vaccination using a recombinant adenoviral vector encoding the spike protein antigen of SARS-CoV-2 (AZD1222, AstraZeneca), reports have emerged of some vaccine recipients developing unusual thrombotic events and thrombocytopenia. We investigated whether such patients could have a prothrombotic disorder caused by platelet-activating antibodies directed against platelet factor 4 (PF4), as is known to be caused by heparin and sometimes other environmental triggers.

Methods. We summarized the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients in Germany and Austria who developed thrombosis and thrombocytopenia events following AZD1222 vaccination. Serum from four patients was used to test for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies, both by immunoassay and by platelet activation assays performed in the presence of heparin, PF4, or both.

Results. The 9 patients (8 female; median age, 36 [range, 22—49) presented with thrombosis beginning 4 to 16 days post-vaccination: 7 patients had cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT), 1 had pulmonary embolism, and 1 had splanchnic vein thrombosis and CVT; 4 patients died. None had received heparin prior to symptom onset. All four patients tested strongly positive for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies by immunoassay; all 4 patients tested strongly positive in the platelet activation assay in the presence of PF4 independently of heparin. Platelet activation was inhibited by high concentrations of heparin, Fc receptor-blocking monoclonal antibody, and intravenous immunoglobulin.

Conclusions. The AZD1222 vaccine is associated with development of a prothrombotic disorder that clinically resembles heparin-induced thrombocytopenia but which shows a different serological profile.

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Well b back said:

I will both agree and disagree, I don’t think it’s Africa necessarily you need to worry about, where AstraZeneca have been unable to supply Covax in Africa China and Russia have stepped in. Unfortunately that’s not the only areas where deliveries are failing, Brazil,Mexico, Argentina, Pakistan, Hungary,Serbia and so the list goes on as AstraZeneca are unable to get their exports out of India and The US. Russia simply gave so much away they are now having to export in from countries like Indonesia who also manufacture Sputnik. America and China have bought up most the materials required.

 

Sounds like Angela and Emanuel were on the blower to Vlad last night, incoming Sputnik!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Sounds like Angela and Emanuel were on the blower to Vlad last night, incoming Sputnik!

 

10 hours ago, Van wink said:

From what I read the risk benefit ratio for the AZ vaccine still is hugely in favour of its use, if there are alternative options for younger women then consider those.

Not yet peer reviewed and remember the benefits still outweigh the risk:

 

This study summarizes the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients who exhibited blood clotting events following vaccination with AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine (AZD1222). The researchers suggest that these events resemble a known disorder – heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) – which is treatable if identified promptly. At the time of this posting, the World Health Organization maintains that the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue. The authors disclose conflicts of interest, including personal fees from Pfizer and other pharmaceutical companies.

Background. Vaccines are important for managing the COVID-19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2. However, following widespread vaccination using a recombinant adenoviral vector encoding the spike protein antigen of SARS-CoV-2 (AZD1222, AstraZeneca), reports have emerged of some vaccine recipients developing unusual thrombotic events and thrombocytopenia. We investigated whether such patients could have a prothrombotic disorder caused by platelet-activating antibodies directed against platelet factor 4 (PF4), as is known to be caused by heparin and sometimes other environmental triggers.

Methods. We summarized the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients in Germany and Austria who developed thrombosis and thrombocytopenia events following AZD1222 vaccination. Serum from four patients was used to test for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies, both by immunoassay and by platelet activation assays performed in the presence of heparin, PF4, or both.

Results. The 9 patients (8 female; median age, 36 [range, 22—49) presented with thrombosis beginning 4 to 16 days post-vaccination: 7 patients had cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT), 1 had pulmonary embolism, and 1 had splanchnic vein thrombosis and CVT; 4 patients died. None had received heparin prior to symptom onset. All four patients tested strongly positive for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies by immunoassay; all 4 patients tested strongly positive in the platelet activation assay in the presence of PF4 independently of heparin. Platelet activation was inhibited by high concentrations of heparin, Fc receptor-blocking monoclonal antibody, and intravenous immunoglobulin.

Conclusions. The AZD1222 vaccine is associated with development of a prothrombotic disorder that clinically resembles heparin-induced thrombocytopenia but which shows a different serological profile.

 

This is all very sad for AZ.

A few observations -

1. The risk / benefit is still hugely in favour of AZ.

2. The European 'caution' has been justified (Why hasn't the MHRA found it ?)

3. My instinct tells me that the other vaccines may well have likely similar rare issues as the data becomes available.

4. The UK / US / and now Indian 'hoarding' is a political disaster if these countries intend to morally 'lead' the world. China and Russia are simply eating their lunch and painting these countries in the darkest most selfish light.  

 

Edited by Yellow Fever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Van wink said:

From what I read the risk benefit ratio for the AZ vaccine still is hugely in favour of its use, if there are alternative options for younger women then consider those.

Not yet peer reviewed and remember the benefits still outweigh the risk:

 

This study summarizes the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients who exhibited blood clotting events following vaccination with AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine (AZD1222). The researchers suggest that these events resemble a known disorder – heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) – which is treatable if identified promptly. At the time of this posting, the World Health Organization maintains that the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue. The authors disclose conflicts of interest, including personal fees from Pfizer and other pharmaceutical companies.

Background. Vaccines are important for managing the COVID-19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2. However, following widespread vaccination using a recombinant adenoviral vector encoding the spike protein antigen of SARS-CoV-2 (AZD1222, AstraZeneca), reports have emerged of some vaccine recipients developing unusual thrombotic events and thrombocytopenia. We investigated whether such patients could have a prothrombotic disorder caused by platelet-activating antibodies directed against platelet factor 4 (PF4), as is known to be caused by heparin and sometimes other environmental triggers.

Methods. We summarized the clinical and laboratory features of 9 patients in Germany and Austria who developed thrombosis and thrombocytopenia events following AZD1222 vaccination. Serum from four patients was used to test for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies, both by immunoassay and by platelet activation assays performed in the presence of heparin, PF4, or both.

Results. The 9 patients (8 female; median age, 36 [range, 22—49) presented with thrombosis beginning 4 to 16 days post-vaccination: 7 patients had cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT), 1 had pulmonary embolism, and 1 had splanchnic vein thrombosis and CVT; 4 patients died. None had received heparin prior to symptom onset. All four patients tested strongly positive for anti-PF4/heparin antibodies by immunoassay; all 4 patients tested strongly positive in the platelet activation assay in the presence of PF4 independently of heparin. Platelet activation was inhibited by high concentrations of heparin, Fc receptor-blocking monoclonal antibody, and intravenous immunoglobulin.

Conclusions. The AZD1222 vaccine is associated with development of a prothrombotic disorder that clinically resembles heparin-induced thrombocytopenia but which shows a different serological profile.

I guess this is the initial report re Denmark ? The new concerns are 31 ( mainly young females ) and apparently in life this is a very rare type of clot. 
Thanks VW
My comments are questions so please certain posters do not say I said this that and the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Sounds like Angela and Emanuel were on the blower to Vlad last night, incoming Sputnik!

Sought of doesn’t shock me and surprised if they had not already had a pre authorisation order in. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Sought of doesn’t shock me and surprised if they had not already had a pre authorisation order in. 
 

 

On the same day they limit use of an adenovirus vector vaccine  they buy an adenovirus vector vaccine. That's the sort of joined-up thinking we all need!

On which point it is worth noting the official European view is as follows

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-benefits-still-outweigh-risks-despite-possible-link-rare-blood-clots

This thread was in danger of becoming a conspiracy-led anti vax site where a snippet of a theory or a truth becomes a lot more than it should be.

I'm not saying there is or is not a problem (I put the report here for balance). I am saying leave the extrapolations to the experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Surfer said:

Meanwhile, it was a year ago that this happened. And DT is right now furiously trying to spread the blame for what happened on his watch... 

Virus Expelled .jpg

Trump Virus.jpg

I'm still quite worried about where we are Surfer. I read WBB's reports with interest on the US and how protectionist they are / have been (like everywhere it seems). In my inbox this morning (New York Times) was this article. Copied just the start of it as its behind a paywall. JUst have to hope that the vaccines are effective in preventing hospitalisations. It may be a wait yet til we know better of course. 

 

A surge of coronavirus cases in the U.S.

The United States is ramping up the pace of vaccinations, with most states rapidly expanding eligibility, but the spread of coronavirus variants paired with loosening restrictions in states such as Florida and Texas, both overwhelmed by the virus, are threatening to reverse progress.

After weeks of decline followed by a plateau, the numbers of coronavirus cases seem to be rising again in the U.S. Over the past week, there has been an average of 65,385 cases per day, an increase of 19 percent from the average two weeks earlier.

A total of 39 states are set to open eligibility for Covid-19 vaccines to all adults by mid-April, with Arkansas, Delaware and Wisconsin the latest to join the list. Federal health officials are pleading with Americans to stay vigilant.

President Biden on Monday urged state leaders to keep certain restrictions in place. “We are giving up hard-fought, hard-won gains,” he said

The variants: Experts are concerned about the B.1.1.7 variant, which walloped Britain and is gaining steam in Florida. The U.S. is behind on its attempts to track the variants, as Americans increase their travel for spring and summer holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/barnard-castle-johnson-covid-vaccines-irony-shame

Here is Marina Hyde's latest piece. It's illuminating not for her usual criticism of Boris Johnson and his behaviour(s) but also how Johnson has maintained a lead in the polls. She speaks of just how much the British public apparently hasn't minded too much about the management by the government throughout the pandemic. Possibly because there has been a 'needs must' response, possibly because no other administration would have fared better, possibly because of a belief in the vaccination oversight? Or possibly because folk do not change their allegiances because they could never vote for another party. I'm guessing quite a number here feel the same. The depressing thing for me is how far and how low the standards of public office have fallen and it is all pretty much okay. Hyde touches on this aspect very well I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I guess this is the initial report re Denmark ? The new concerns are 31 ( mainly young females ) and apparently in life this is a very rare type of clot. 
Thanks VW
My comments are questions so please certain posters do not say I said this that and the other.

Germany and Austria it says in the report?

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

 

 

This is all very sad for AZ.

A few observations -

1. The risk / benefit is still hugely in favour of AZ.

2. The European 'caution' has been justified (Why hasn't the MHRA found it ?)

3. My instinct tells me that the other vaccines may well have likely similar rare issues as the data becomes available.

4. The UK / US / and now Indian 'hoarding' is a political disaster if these countries intend to morally 'lead' the world. China and Russia are simply eating their lunch and painting these countries in the darkest most selfish light.  

 

Not at all, but all very sad for EU citizens who in my view need vaccination urgently, and this will cost thousands of needless loss of life.  Purely political, I reiterate.

... and point 4..... why are you so concerned about hoarding, which it is not actually, when the vaccine is deemed dangerous in the EU  ?   strange logic indeed.   

 

Edited by paul moy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, sonyc said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/30/barnard-castle-johnson-covid-vaccines-irony-shame

Here is Marina Hyde's latest piece. It's illuminating not for her usual criticism of Boris Johnson and his behaviour(s) but also how Johnson has maintained a lead in the polls. She speaks of just how much the British public apparently hasn't minded too much about the management by the government throughout the pandemic. Possibly because there has been a 'needs must' response, possibly because no other administration would have fared better, possibly because of a belief in the vaccination oversight? Or possibly because folk do not change their allegiances because they could never vote for another party. I'm guessing quite a number here feel the same. The depressing thing for me is how far and how low the standards of public office have fallen and it is all pretty much okay. Hyde touches on this aspect very well I think.

Possibly where the polls are a bit out of cync are people like me, my family and several of my friends. As you know I have voted Tory all my life, but would I ever vote for a Tory party led by Johnson ( or a particular group ) absolutely not, will I vote Tory in the next general election depends on the answer to my previous point. However would I vote Labour, probably yes in the May Elections, could I see myself voting Labour in a General election ? Thought I could when Starmer took over but probably not now, so if Johnson in charge ( which I don’t he will be ) not sure who it would be for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Possibly where the polls are a bit out of cync are people like me, my family and several of my friends. As you know I have voted Tory all my life, but would I ever vote for a Tory party led by Johnson ( or a particular group ) absolutely not, will I vote Tory in the next general election depends on the answer to my previous point. However would I vote Labour, probably yes in the May Elections, could I see myself voting Labour in a General election ? Thought I could when Starmer took over but probably not now, so if Johnson in charge ( which I don’t he will be ) not sure who it would be for.

Very honest response WBB (as usual). Fair play. Where I am a Green vote is a bit wasted (and we have Phillip Davies😐).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Not at all, but all very sad for EU citizens who in my view need vaccination urgently, and this will cost thousands of needless loss of life.  Purely political, I reiterate.

... and point 4..... why are you so concerned about hoarding, which it is not actually, when the vaccine is deemed dangerous in the EU  ?   strange logic indeed.   

 

So you don’t think the US having 100 million doses of AZ that they are unlikely to use and they are keeping just in case is not hoarding. That’s really interesting. This is a world problem not a specific EU problem.
Where’s my link ?

Hows Alex today ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Very honest response WBB (as usual). Fair play. Where I am a Green vote is a bit wasted (and we have Phillip Davies😐).

I might consider a green vote general election, but I have to say in May I need my protest to be noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Possibly where the polls are a bit out of cync are people like me, my family and several of my friends. As you know I have voted Tory all my life, but would I ever vote for a Tory party led by Johnson ( or a particular group ) absolutely not, will I vote Tory in the next general election depends on the answer to my previous point. However would I vote Labour, probably yes in the May Elections, could I see myself voting Labour in a General election ? Thought I could when Starmer took over but probably not now, so if Johnson in charge ( which I don’t he will be ) not sure who it would be for.

 

13 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Very honest response WBB (as usual). Fair play. Where I am a Green vote is a bit wasted (and we have Phillip Davies😐).

The funny thing is that I regard myself as generally gentle centre left - so yes will vote for Starmer but in local elections vote Tory (and agree with a 'Poll' tax) ! For me its about looking after the pennies for local projects (no idealistic loons please) but I have a more societal generous view nationally. Oddly a friend stood as Tory MP (and no couldn't stand Johnson). My 'No Loons' applies equally to the Corbynites as the diehard Brexiteers! Both idealistic unworldly idiots. Johnson is in a class of clown all of his own.

Unfortunately we get the politicians we deserve. Red Nose day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I might consider a green vote general election, but I have to say in May I need my protest to be noted.

I voted Green in the last GE, couldn’t have voted for either of the two main parties,  know it was a “wasted” vote, but I’m sure having done it once it will be easier the next time.

I suspect the May elections will be a complete damp squib with very poor turn out and little interest.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I voted Green in the last GE, couldn’t have voted for either of the two main parties,  know it was a “wasted” vote, but I’m sure having done it once it will be easier the next time.

I suspect the May elections will be a complete damp squib with very poor turn out and little interest.

 

I wouldn't read much at all in the polls until Covid is in the rear view mirror. I can't help but think though another lockdown later this summer or autumn would (or better should) sink Johnson hence the utmost caution in opening up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I voted Green in the last GE, couldn’t have voted for either of the two main parties,  know it was a “wasted” vote, but I’m sure having done it once it will be easier the next time.

I suspect the May elections will be a complete damp squib with very poor turn out and little interest.

 

The older voters probably won’t want to go out so will use postal voting which depending on who wins may or may not be hit with fraud allegations lol

On a more serious note, you and Sonyc could persuade to vote Green as my son is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite all this rubbish, the Tories are set to win the staunch Liebore seat of Hartlepool in May.... đŸ€—đŸ€Ł

There really is currently no realistic alternative to the current incumbents as they are the only party that would realistically make any attempt to reduce the National Debt or any deficit for that matter, as they are the party for best economic growth via free market enterprise, and that is what will get us out of the current economic dire straits.   We ran out of money in 2009/10 and Libore will never be forgiven for decades for their many additional major errors also, many of which drove us to vote for Brexit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So you don’t think the US having 100 million doses of AZ that they are unlikely to use and they are keeping just in case is not hoarding. That’s really interesting. This is a world problem not a specific EU problem.
Where’s my link ?

Hows Alex today ?

They are vaccinating their own citizens and doing very well at it, just as we are, and need that supply.  Nobody will have the incentive to supply or produce in the EU while they denigrate suppliers and threaten export bans of legitimately ordered vaccines.  That really is a sad indictment of EU policy and still they continue to act with political stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Despite all this rubbish, the Tories are set to win the staunch Liebore seat of Hartlepool in May.... đŸ€—đŸ€Ł

There really is currently no realistic alternative to the current incumbents as they are the only party that would realistically make any attempt to reduce the National Debt or any deficit for that matter, as they are the party for best economic growth via free market enterprise, and that is what will get us out of the current economic dire straits.   We ran out of money in 2009/10 and Libore will never be forgiven for decades for their many additional major errors also, many of which drove us to vote for Brexit. 

Are you wearing Lynx?

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

They are vaccinating their own citizens and doing very well at it, just as we are, and need that supply.  Nobody will have the incentive to supply or produce in the EU while they denigrate suppliers and threaten export bans of legitimately ordered vaccines.  That really is a sad indictment of EU policy and still they continue to act with political stupidity.

They have a complete export ban on anything to do with vaccines, you just hate Europeans. Please make your mind up Europeans are threatening to do something, they are low life’s, the US do something ( not threaten to do it ) and they are heroes. 
Unfortunately it is all very sad and watching a Company whom I have a high regard for ( AZ ) being brought down brick by brick by America, Russia, China, Europe ect is even sadder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was first reported by @sonyc so not trying to steal his thunder. Good news in that Pfizer looks more than good in 12 - 15 year olds and will get forwarded to European and American authorities for quick authorisation. This was a small trial but those figures showing ‘ nobody caught it in the vaccinated groups ‘ asks the question can COVID be beaten completely.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine can give strong protection to children as young as 12, the two companies have announced following a trial.

In a small study involving 2,260 US volunteers aged 12 to 15, there were no cases of Covid-19 among those who have been fully vaccinated. Eighteen of those who received a placebo were infected.

The volunteers experienced similar side effects from the vaccine to those among younger adults, while levels of antibodies were higher, Pfizer and BioNTech say.

The vaccine is currently authorised for anyone aged 16 or older.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says it plans to submit data to US and European regulators in the coming weeks to extend emergency use of the vaccine to 12-15 year olds, and to begin vaccination of this age group before the start of the next school year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I voted Green in the last GE, couldn’t have voted for either of the two main parties,  know it was a “wasted” vote, but I’m sure having done it once it will be easier the next time.

I suspect the May elections will be a complete damp squib with very poor turn out and little interest.

 

Here in Norwich there is only one party that will get in.

I do my best by drawing a massive **** and balls on the ballot paper but no matter how big it gets there is no prospect of change😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are you wearing Lynx?

 

This is what Paul sees each morning in the mirror (but he is still the one looking)

 

IMG_20210305_102906.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ricardo said:

522 flights scheduled from Germany to Majorca up to next Monday.

Madness, sheer madness.

I think Mrs Merkel may have inherited BJ's crown.

FT

"We are a laughing stock"

Public approval of the ( German) government’s coronavirus policies benefited one actor in particular — Merkel’s party, the Christian Democratic Union, which last year surged to nearly 40 per cent in the polls. But those days are over. Earlier this month the party suffered its worst ever election results in Baden-WĂŒrttemberg and Rhineland-Palatinate, two states that for decades had been Christian Democrat strongholds. In the run-up to the polls it was revealed that a number of MPs from Merkel’s CDU/CSU bloc had earned huge commissions on deals to procure coronavirus face masks. But according to Renate Köcher, head of the Allensbach Institute, the so-called “mask affair” wasn’t the main reason for the party’s poor performance. “Faith in the CDU as the party that ‘can do crises’ has been shattered,” she recently wrote. With just six months to go till Bundestag elections, that represents a massive headache for Laschet, who was elected CDU boss in January. Some experts say the polls look so bad for the Christian Democrats that they might end up being driven from the chancellery which they have controlled for the last 16 years. But it’s not just the CDU that’s in trouble; all levels of government — federal, regional and municipal — are under attack for their pandemic policies, which people increasingly see as “arbitrary, contradictory and, in some instances, absurd”, Köcher wrote. “The vast majority of critics no longer believe that the country’s leaders have a plan for overcoming the crisis.” Angela Merkel has suggested she may try to take powers away from the regions if they persisted in going their own way in dealing with the virus. Germans are baffled at why some of them can take holidays in the Balearic island of Mallorca over Easter while those stuck at home aren’t allowed to visit local camping sites or holiday cottages in their own backyard. Paradoxes and zigzags such as these are fuelling widespread indignation. One doctor, Carola Holzner, from the western city of Essen, even invented a word to describe the public mood — mĂŒtend, a cross between mĂŒde (tired) and wĂŒtend (furious). “No to masks, then yes,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “No to rapid tests, then it can’t happen fast enough. Schools opened, then closed, then opened again. First there’s not enough PPE, then not enough vaccines. No one can stand all this political vacillation any more.”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Well b back said:

They have a complete export ban on anything to do with vaccines, you just hate Europeans. Please make your mind up Europeans are threatening to do something, they are low life’s, the US do something ( not threaten to do it ) and they are heroes. 
Unfortunately it is all very sad and watching a Company whom I have a high regard for ( AZ ) being brought down brick by brick by America, Russia, China, Europe ect is even sadder.

I'm not aware of the US stopping legitimate orders, such as the EU stopped to Australia.   We have not banned any vaccine exports but we applied our due diligence last year which put us at the head of the queue by investing more than the EU, and ordering, in many biotechs at the right time, while the EU dithered and put its money behind the failed Senofi vaccine rather than the British AZ  due to political reasons.  They simply failed and are paying the price of that failure due to making bad political decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...