Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

We like to pat ourselves on the back a lot...

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think serious questions need to be asked. Is this a club for middle aged men who loved lad culture but who haven't seen their penis for 15 years because its stuck under their beer bellys, but still like ogling semi naked teenage girls as they've got nothing better to do since their wife left them in 2008.

What a sweeping and disgusting statement to make about supporters of this club.

You seem like a dangerous person to have any sort of discussion with. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Penis related comeback in 3, 2, 1….

17 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Penis related comeback in 3, 2, 1….

But my comment was written first. Are you really that stupid? 

Don't answer that. 

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

But my comment was written first. Are you really that stupid? 

Don't answer that. 

Eh? I was just joking that you've probably set yourself up for a penis related comeback from TVB after your response above?

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Eh? I was just joking that you've probably set yourself up for a penis related comeback from TVB after your response above?

Apologies.

Didn’t read the whole of the OP post as I had to stop myself from getting annoyed lol 

firstly, Two NCFC ladies modelled the home kit last season (Aimee Durrant) I have attached a photo of her modelling the shirt in last years new kit campaign  

secondly, there are plenty of clubs without a team in the top tiers of ladies football simply due to the fact the women’s game is not developed enough yet 

when you have a club like donny Belles being relegated from the WSL simply due to politics and the league wanting more established men’s sides female counterparts in the leagues then that’s where the problem lies 

in 10 years time at grassroots level the women’s game will be a lot stronger than the men’s in terms of team numbers - this will of course have a knock on effect on the professional game 

women’s football will take another 20-30 years to get into the realms of where the men’s game is now but it sure as hell is getting there 

0E7535CE-CA40-4E2F-8BA0-2773163CBC82.jpeg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Touched a nerve

Just now, Yobocop said:

Didn’t read the whole of the OP post as I had to stop myself from getting annoyed lol 

firstly, Two NCFC ladies modelled the home kit last season (Aimee Durrant) I have attached a photo of her modelling the shirt in last years new kit campaign  

Shame you didn't read the date of the OP then isn't it Yobocop, because it was published the season before last. The photo you provided was taken after the post you are getting yourself in a tiff about.

And on that note, perhaps I won't read the rest of your post to prevent myself from getting annoyed

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Shame you didn't read the date of the OP then isn't it Yobocop, because it was published the season before last. The photo you provided was taken after the post you are getting yourself in a tiff about.

And on that note, perhaps I won't read the rest of your post to prevent myself from getting annoyed

Whatever floats your boat my friend 

whilst you are at it I suggest you do some more research into the ladies game, what NCFC do in terms of women’s and girls football and your comments will be very wide of the mark 

judging by your other offerings on this message board and reputation as a whole then i don’t think that is the only thing you are wide of the mark about my dear friend 

Wouldn’t the point of being an inclusive progressive family club mean that everyone’s tolerated, from the overweight middle aged divorcees trying to satisfy themselves over pictures of young ladies on a betting site to the less desirable types who, you know, read the Guard**n and stuff. 

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Touched a nerve

I'm slightly concerned about your obsession with women then projecting onto others. 

Are you ok?

Are you undergoing treatment?

11 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

whilst you are at it I suggest you do some more research into the ladies game, what NCFC do in terms of women’s and girls football and your comments will be very wide of the mark 

Norwich City have been far better with publicising news about the ladies team over the past season. The ladies modelling the kit and the social media updates on their main page only started after my OP. 

I know several of the ladies teams players, so perhaps you could educate me on what you think the club does for that team and I can verify it with them? Or you can just admit that you didn't realise my post was 16 months old?

I know at least one of those ladies is deeply unhappy about our new sponsorship, as they've been writing as such all over their facebook, haven't asked about the others. Think they will be happy about modelling it now?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Wouldn’t the point of being an inclusive progressive family club mean that everyone’s tolerated, from the overweight middle aged divorcees trying to satisfy themselves over pictures of young ladies on a betting site to the less desirable types who, you know, read the Guard**n and stuff. 

Its fine, I get it, you see no problem with our football club having a sponsor who uses women deepthroating hot dogs in their marketing campaign. I do. So where do we go from here?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Norwich City have been far better with publicising news about the ladies team over the past season. The ladies modelling the kit and the social media updates on their main page only started after my OP. 

I know several of the ladies teams players, so perhaps you could educate me on what you think the club does for that team and I can verify it with them? Or you can just admit that you didn't realise my post was 16 months old?

I know at least one of those ladies is deeply unhappy about our new sponsorship, as they've been writing as such all over their facebook, haven't asked about the others. Think they will be happy about modelling it now?

Again you will need to go back and look at what NCFC have done for women’s and girls football way before your ‘calling for action’ post 

no i didn’t realise your post was 16 months old however my point still stands 

If you really consider that NCFC don’t support women’s and girls football then that’s up to you 

OP created a topic about women over a year ago then re-ignited his topic about women recently.

I would like to ask OP about his obsession with women and women's sports?

I sense a bit of perverted behaviour and a little projection. 

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

OP created a topic about women over a year ago then re-ignited his topic about women recently.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion or interest in women’s sports particularly as he has two daughters 

I would imagine he reignited it due to the BK8 argument although it is probably a deflection tactic due to the emi transfer 

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its fine, I get it, you see no problem with our football club having a sponsor who uses women deepthroating hot dogs in their marketing campaign. I do. So where do we go from here?

No need need to go anywhere from here is there? BK8 have apologised and removing content thats most offensive, moving in line with other similar companies. I get that some are really upset too and really am not trying to ‘change their minds’ or such but just giving some balance, there are plenty also that don’t mind, and probably or possibly the majority like me in between that do wish to have gone outside a online gambling company, find it a a bit embarrassing for the club made worse my the over reaction resulting in national media coverage and would have rather that energy be put into ensuring the board know they have some serious work ahead to make good the decisions of last week. It’s great we have fans directing the moral compass of the club but some of the stuff like slavery and rapists and hardcore p orn is simply way OTT and devalues the legit message being raised, in my opinion.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

He called a member of this forum a pedophile for defending Jon Fashanu . Hardly sound of mind.

On 22/02/2020 at 00:54, TeemuVanBasten said:

Participation in women's football in the UK has grown substantially in recent years, as have attendances at games, in fact the UK is bucking the trend here as in some other European countries (including Germany) support has declined. 

Arsenal are the 'biggest' team in the female game. Their highest attendance is 4,000 and in 2019 a crowd of 500 watched a European tie against Fiorentina.  They average around 2,000.

I've watched a small amount of ladies football and the standard is laughable. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch and I don't want my club funding it. 

I met the guy who coached Jessica Ennis about 10 years ago. He'd watched our Olympic team and told me that Jessica was a better footballer than all of them. He said that if he was given the British track and field team for 3 months he would produce a better team. I'm inclined to believe him. For men, football is the first choice in sport. With women, it tends to be the game that they turn to if they can't do anything else. 

Most importantly, I see more women at Carrow Road than I do at any other ground. 

If people are so keen to see a Norwich City ladies team let them pay for it. 

Dare I say it there's a parallel with people who boo taking a knee with people who actively do down women's football. If it's not for you, fair enough, but some people seem actively invested in it not being successful and perpetuate the old stereotypes.

Obviously it isn't on a par with the men's game in terms of quality, fitness, supporter numbers (or funding), but it's on the up despite the hurdles, and I can't see why anyone would reasonably object to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Arsenal are the 'biggest' team in the female game. Their highest attendance is 4,000 and in 2019 a crowd of 500 watched a European tie against Fiorentina.  They average around 2,000.

I've watched a small amount of ladies football and the standard is laughable. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch and I don't want my club funding it. 

I met the guy who coached Jessica Ennis about 10 years ago. He'd watched our Olympic team and told me that Jessica was a better footballer than all of them. He said that if he was given the British track and field team for 3 months he would produce a better team. I'm inclined to believe him. For men, football is the first choice in sport. With women, it tends to be the game that they turn to if they can't do anything else. 

Most importantly, I see more women at Carrow Road than I do at any other ground. 

If people are so keen to see a Norwich City ladies team let them pay for it. 

Outdated opinion when you consider Chelsea ladies have won the league the last two years and reached champ league final 

most league two clubs would be pleased with your average attendance quoted 

Jessica Ennis only advantage is she is a professional athlete so could compete in a physical sense but technically she would fall short 

A lot of these girls still only train twice a week 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That looks to be completely wrong, Spurs have the highest average attendance and that's about 8000. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Theres a kernel of truth in here but........... the only way this changes is the development of the womens game, 

The above reason is also why the USA are so bad at mens football compared to the way they compete at the top level or dominate most other competitive sports.  

In the US young men who are gifted athletically either play American Football, Baseball, Basketball, or track and field,  the 'lesser athetes' then end up splitting between other sports, of which football is only one. 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2020 at 02:51, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Durham have a team in the second tier, who is bankrolling them? 

Ipswich are about to get promoted, we are near the bottom of the league. 

I don't like the idea of the scum having a team above ours! 

I'm not saying we should bankroll a pro team and buy players from Lyon like Man City. 

But our ladies team is essentially the male equivalent of a non-league side. The women's Championship would be nice, which I'm guessing is semi pro. But even the third tier would be better than being the equal of Billericay and Enfield! 

Surely that doesn't require millions! 

Perhaps you should do a bit of research and find out what it would cost? Whatever the amount, it would come out of the current budget. 

The average attendance across the Woman's Super League is 3,400. That's despite the fact that ticket prices are tiny in comparison to the male game. 

I'd love to see you go to a shareholders meeting and propose we start a woman's team. You would be laughed out of the room. 

If you want to watch a Norwich City women's team there is one in existence. 

20210608_123224.thumb.jpg.fc0a60b446df8c6e3d55ee5bb024a788.jpg

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

i'd love to see you go to a shareholders meeting and propose we start a woman's team. You would be laughed out of the room. 

Why would I go to a shareholders meeting to propose that we start something which already exists. I don't see any point in reading your messages if you can't be bothered to read mine, I said above that I know some of the players! 

Thanks for the screenshot showing average attendances, perhaps you should have had your little google before claiming that Arsenal were the biggest club with average attendances of 2000; I already knew you were talking a load of nonsense about something you know nothing about, but it is good of you to show evidence of your own ignorance to everybody else. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

It's a conversation about women in football, which has been reignited by the recent news surrounding the depiction of women by our new sponsor. If that's considered 'an obsession with women' than maybe the topic is a bit too grown up for you?

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

With that attitude how will it ever get any better? And where does it leave girls who are growing up dreaming of being footballers?

Also, I've watched a small amount of Sunday League park football, and the standard was pretty laughable, doesn't mean I'm going to write-off the whole men's game. Unless you meant you'd watched the women's football on TV (World Cup, WSL etc), in which case you're wrong about the standard being laughable.