2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I never said I'd drop him, just that I'd have considered subbing him with 20 minutes left for Drmic based on his poor finishing and Drmic having scored on Saturday. 

How this equates to me being 'cool on the internet' I'm not sure.

Dropping him from the start would make more sense than taking him off after 70 mins when trying to win a game. If you’re chasing a game, you need your best striker on the pitch (unless he’s injured or clearly so tired he can’t run).

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I was more annoyed with the fact Vrancic didn't get more time after his masterclass last week.  It actually beggars belief and if anyone was going to come on at 67 minutes, it should have been him.

Did you see his master class at Manchester United ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Dropping him from the start would make more sense than taking him off after 70 mins when trying to win a game. If you’re chasing a game, you need your best striker on the pitch (unless he’s injured or clearly so tired he can’t run).

Or if he's clearly struggling and consistently missing chances.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I like to be positive and I wanted Vrancic - who was absolutely brilliant last week - and Hernandez in the team today, but those two players given a combined 12 minutes to influence a game?  I just don't understand it.

Are you asking for Farkes head as he does not know what he’s doing ?

Others have started similar threads over the last few weeks and you have absolutely slated them. Do we now have to sing to your new tune, rather than your trust in Farke we will stay up line ?

Many Toon supporters today wishing they played like us. 

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Are you asking for Farkes head as he does not know what he’s doing ?

Others have started similar threads over the last few weeks and you have absolutely slated them. Do we now have to sing to your new tune, rather than your trust in Farke we will stay up line ?

Many Toon supporters today wishing they played like us. 

Oh come on.

You can criticize a decision Farke made and not be 'calling for his head.'

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Oh come on.

This. Love Farke, love our style of football, very positive about next season. That doesn't mean that we can't question aspects of his management and tactics. He's still learning, he's not Guardiola!

Edited by Feedthewolf

We play a very one dimensional and predictable style of football. We face teams that can be 80% sure of who is playing in what position. The same formation is played week in week out. It worked in the champs as with this set up we were out playing the other teams. However, in the prem we are facing better teams, harder defences, more tactical managers and we cannot compete with the players we currently have. I don't think we could compete in this way even if we had a better squad. We need more tactical switch ups and play some curveballs in order to win. 

At the moment we can be read like a book. 

Edited by NFN FC
Missed word
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

We play a very one dimensional and predictable style of football. We face teams that can be 80% of who is playing in what position. The same formation is played week in week out. It worked in the champs as with this set up we were out playing the other teams. However, in the prem we are facing better teams, harder defences, more tactical managers and we cannot compete with the players we currently have. I don't think we could compete in this way even if we had a better squad. We need more tactical switch ups and play some curveballs in order to win. 

At the moment we can be read like a book. 

Yeah I know what your saying but farke does not have a plan b and he should.😭

When, and it could be a big when, we have 3 fit CB's, I would like us to try 5 at the back with the two full backs, which includes Lewis, bombing forward. It's a change of tactics but needs must. Not sure it will happen though, that said if Farke keeps us up without changing tactics I shall bow my head accordingly.

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

Yeah remind me how we done in that game.

We were losing before he brought the subs on and still losing at the end of the game. What's your point? 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

When, and it could be a big when, we have 3 fit CB's, I would like us to try 5 at the back with the two full backs, which includes Lewis, bombing forward. It's a change of tactics but needs must. Not sure it will happen though, that said if Farke keeps us up without changing tactics I shall bow my head accordingly.

With this it adds some flexibility as Godfrey could push in DM role and we could move back to 451 when needed

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

This. Love Farke, love our style of football, very positive about next season. That doesn't mean that we can't question aspects of his management and tactics. He's still learning, he's not Guardiola!

We beat Man City that makes Farke better than Guardiola 😂👍

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Oh come on.

Not quite what I meant, sorry. What I was saying is up until now if you dare to criticise or question decisions made by Farke or the team this guy has called you out. Now he starts a thread doing exactly what he has ‘ told ‘ others they can’t do. I totally agree with your point.

When, this season, has any substitution made by Farke actually changed a match in our favour?! I agree we are a one trick pony. We play one way and one way only. It doesn’t really matter who the personnel are, because it will be exactly the same result!