Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Test cricket

2 hours ago, king canary said:

5 now. Getting Malan was key, you'd like to think we'll finish it off with ease from here.

No way... SA digging in, 5 wickets is a lot...

And well done to the Barmy Army,who kept up their singing even when heads were dropping  🏏   🍻   🏆

Edited by SwindonCanary

We can rejoice with this win but we need to assert in the next two matches. We don't travel well and to win on lifeless pitches, especially possibly without Anderson, would give the squad a real boost and confidence builder. And make the selectors tell these new guys they have the next two years without fear of removal

On 07/01/2020 at 19:14, keelansgrandad said:

We can rejoice with this win but we need to assert in the next two matches. We don't travel well and to win on lifeless pitches, especially possibly without Anderson, would give the squad a real boost and confidence builder. And make the selectors tell these new guys they have the next two years without fear of removal

I’m a little bit surprised Anderson’s still going. I thought he might hang up the boots after this year - a lot of injuries now and he’ll be 39 by the start of the next Ashes. 

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

with no Anderson, we defiantly need Archer back 

I am very suprised you do not have anyone in your family that can take his place FVCKWIT.

4 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

I am very suprised you do not have anyone in your family that can take his place FVCKWIT.

Sorry my family are distance runners !

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry my family are distance runners !

Yes and I bet they run a great distance from you FVCKWIT.

• Haha 1

South Africa's batting today was fúcking awful

Weather willing, we should finish them off tomorrow....still a couple of hard nuts to crack, like Nortje.... how he must feel having held up England for so long in the first innings, only to watch his team mates screw up royally today 

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

South Africa's batting today was fúcking awful

Weather willing, we should finish them off tomorrow....still a couple of hard nuts to crack, like Nortje.... how he must feel having held up England for so long in the first innings, only to watch his team mates screw up royally today 

South Africa are more of an English test batting team than Englang right now- lots of talent, prone to throwing wickets away and always in danger of a collapse.

This series could be a potential game changer for England though- the emergence of Pope, Sibley, Bess and Crawley could make all the difference.

ENGLAND 400 first inning 👍 South Africa 183 in reply, all going well 

Having been to a few of these Test matches abroad, I can say that the Barmy Army will be at their best and a delight to be with.

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

ENGLAND 400 first inning 👍 South Africa 183 in reply, all going well 

Having been to a few of these Test matches abroad, I can say that the Barmy Army will be at their best and a delight to be with.

The trumpet guy is "retiring", sadly

SA have 2 days to try and chase 466, we should wrap up a big win 🙂