Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you realize I was in the Royal Navy, and been around the world 3 or 4 times 😛

3 or 4 it is either one or the other or did you make that up (LIE) about that along with the girlfriend? Care to give us any names of grey funnel line ships you were supposedly on as its quite easy to check ships complements over the years. Do not know wether FVCKWIT will come up as a crew member though.

26 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's Lisa Stansfield everyone. Did you ever find your baby?

He did Herman, in "Pearl" Harbour.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you realize I was in the Royal Navy, and been around the world 3 or 4 times 😛

A real patriot wouldn't use the non-english spelling of 'realise' and 'apologise'.

16 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

3 or 4 it is either one or the other or did you make that up (LIE) about that along with the girlfriend? Care to give us any names of grey funnel line ships you were supposedly on as its quite easy to check ships complements over the years. Do not know wether FVCKWIT will come up as a crew member though.

If you want the facts, 3 times I did World world trips, but I've done half a trip east and another west making it another trip

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Have you ever considered that maybe, you're just really annoying?

Yup, I'm very annoying to remoaners because I'm a democrat and we won the vote.

It's also very annoying to remoaners when it is pointed out quite rationally how absurd project fear was and how they were taken in by lies  and were so gullible.

Edited by paul moy

13 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

We will get a Free Trade Agreement of some description, at best with zero tariffs, but more likely with tariffs in certain sectors. Businesses are going to have to get used to generating export documentation, and potentially paying customs brokers to get goods through to the EU. All of which is going to add a lot of cost.

It has to be on equal terms or it's WTO and much pain for the EU.

11 hours ago, Herman said:

Brexit summed up in one photo.

image.thumb.png.8b262277d6b44afad10e43eee1ff1f59.png

Yup, we won 'em all !!!!!!!  🤣:classic_love:

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I've just noticed he's spelled referendum wrong.🤣

Poor assumption Herman as I'm pretty sure that he did not print that shirt.

Just now, paul moy said:

I do believe that it is 1-1 for referendudums (sic).

3 minutes ago, paul moy said:

He read it. He put it on. He wore it with pride. Take responsibilty for your own ****wittery, you Old Leakey dudum.🤣

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I do believe that it is 1-1 for referendudums (sic).

Nope because they were for two totally different things, the first being for a common market. If it had remained a common market the second would not have occurred IMO.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

He read it. He put it on. He wore it with pride. Take responsibilty for your own ****wittery, you Old Leakey dudum.🤣

F***wittery, I like that Herman, it aptly describes the activities of the majority of Brexiteers.

35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If you want the facts, 3 times I did World world trips, but I've done half a trip east and another west making it another trip

Well my family has owned boats for over three hundred years and we have never made half a trip anywhere. I think if you spent any time in the Andrew it was in a barrel with your @rse to the bung to give the matlots a little bit of comfort on the long trips on the Woolwich ferry. Mess steward I reckon if anything at all, and made a right mess of it the jaunty FVCKWIT. Looked up any names of grey funnel ships yet? Day trip to see HMS BELFAST on the Thames would be it.

• Confused 1

Here is a picture of a ladder Paul. Pretend it is world trade arrangements.

image.png.bbcb10dfa7134727c97a551e225854b0.png

The second from top rung is the trading arrangements we had. The best in the world currently. Still room for improvement but the highest we can get.

The first rung is basic trading agreements, mostly adopted by very poor, third world countries.

Still on the ground is WTO.

On 31/01/2020 at 20:08, kick it off said:

I notice VW that you claimed it was from the FT as if it somehow represents the organisation's view, but in reality it's just a fluff opinion piece they published by Robert Tombs, a staunch Brexiteer.

Thanks, KIO. While making the same point, that it was deliberately misleading to claim this article was the FT speaking; I didn't know anything about Tombs apart from him being a historian, and certainly not that he is a staunch Brexiter. It may have seemed odd, but I was being quite serious by awarding Swindon the accolader of being the least dishonest Brexit poster here.

• Confused 1

Just saw the faux Telegraph front page. Seems like there's no cake to eat !

I suppose the Brexiters need to get the blame in early. Won't change anything though. We are now a 'third' country as far as the EU is concerned.

The real world already catching on quick. I wonder how the UK (sorry England) will now have to change to compete - Singapore model, US model anybody? Really really wouldn't want to be unskilled or 'left'  behind in such a knowledge based non- manufacturing 'Minford' economy. 

• Like 1

I remember before 1973 most of our apples and oranges came in from south Africa, our meat from Australia and our butter from New Zealand, and transport costs have collapsed since then. The world is our oyster

• Thanks 1

Do any of the brexiters that are happily waving the Union Jack realise that their decision has pushed it to the brink of obsolescence?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Here is a picture of a ladder Paul. Pretend it is world trade arrangements.

image.png.bbcb10dfa7134727c97a551e225854b0.png

The second from top rung is the trading arrangements we had. The best in the world currently. Still room for improvement but the highest we can get.

The first rung is basic trading agreements, mostly adopted by very poor, third world countries.

Still on the ground is WTO.

The Japan trade deal has probably cost us as well as other EU countries quite a bit of motor production, so really was not in our interest. Just one example of the fact that one deal does not fit all and why it's better to have a tailored trade deal to OUR needs only. 

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I remember before 1973 most of our apples and oranges came in from south Africa, our meat from Australia and our butter from New Zealand, and transport costs have collapsed since then. The world is our oyster

Why would anyone trust your memory? You can't even remember what your old girlfriends look like.

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why would anyone trust your memory? You can't even remember what your old girlfriends look like.

Look it up, it's something you remainers never do, it only goes back to when we were in the EU.

Edited by SwindonCanary

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Look it up, it's something you remainers never do, it only goes back to when we were in the EU.

How about you prove what you said.

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How about you prove what you said.

You are all the same, trying to bounce it back to me, look it up ! where did we get our butter/ fruit in the early 70's it's not hard

27 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The Japan trade deal has probably cost us as well as other EU countries quite a bit of motor production, so really was not in our interest. Just one example of the fact that one deal does not fit all and why it's better to have a tailored trade deal to OUR needs only. 

We were a member of the EU during the whole of those negotiations. Why would we and other members agree to a deal that was of no benefit. You're a plum. 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are all the same, trying to bounce it back to me, look it up ! where did we get our butter/ fruit in the early 70's it's not hard

If it's not hard then you should have any problems verifying the statement you made.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

We were a member of the EU during the whole of those negotiations. Why would we and other members agree to a deal that was of no benefit. You're a plum. 

The Japan trade deal was the reason Honda moved out of Swindon.

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If it's not hard then you should have any problems verifying the statement you made.

You are just being lazy !

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

It was nothing to do with us as we were leaving so whether it would have been of benefit is irrelevant.  We can now do our own better deal to suit OUR economy and not the whole of the corrupt EU. 

Edited by paul moy