Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

UK Sea Fisheries Statistics 2019 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

The UK is a net importer of fish and related products, with net imports of around 362,000 tonnes in 2020, worth £1.7 billion

The link is for 2019.

Your statement says '2020'. Where have you got the 2020 data from?

The report in the link says;

The UK is a net importer of fish, with imports exceeding exports. The UK’s trade gap in 2019 for sea fish is 270 thousand tonnes. In 2019, the UK imported 721 thousand tonnes of sea fish, with a value of £3,457 million. It exported 452 thousand tonnes with a value of £2,004 million.

It also says;

In 2019, UK vessels landed 622 thousand tonnes of sea fish with a value of £987 million. Compared to 2018, this is a reduction of 11 per cent and 2 per cent in quantity and value respectively.

In 2019, 34 per cent of all landings by UK vessels into UK ports were into Peterhead. Peterhead is consistently the UK port with the largest quantity and value of landings.

What’s happened to your great leader @SwindonCanary now an absoloute proven liar.

Are you still claiming he is not a complete and utter disgrace to our Country.

We have European, American and British newspapers just taking the p*** at our great Country. What an absoloute complete and utter shambles.

• Confused 1

Latest polls showing has Brexit gone well falling from 18 % to 15%. They are falling at the same rate as Johnson.

A bit like Scotland at what % of voters saying they would now vote remain does a new vote have to be reviewed.

7 hours ago, Nawich Fann said:

So many experts ,,,, and what do you all do for a living !!!! 

Currently I work for the nhs 12 hour shifts 7 days a week ( I will be having a day off Saturday at the football ) even though I am retired. Prior to that before I retired I was a sales and marketing director for a large company.

How about yourself ?

Its hilarious how EU supporters all deny what all of the EU leaders proudly tell anyone who will listen in speeches and press meetings on a weekly basis.

The EU have even said many times 'why' they want to punish the UK for voting to regain it's independence, self determination and democracy.

Its because the EU know that they have no democratic mandate for their disastrous 'project', and must punish the UK to deter the other vassal member states from leaving as we did.

Even Macron recently admitted that if the French people were given a referendum, they would also vote to Leave.

Sadly the EU doesn't do 'democracy' so that will never happen.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Its hilarious how EU supporters all deny what all of the EU leaders proudly tell anyone who will listen in speeches and press meetings on a weekly basis.

The EU have even said many times 'why' they want to punish the UK for voting to regain it's independence, self determination and democracy.

Its because the EU know that they have no democratic mandate for their disastrous 'project', and must punish the UK to deter the other vassal member states from leaving as we did.

Even Macron recently admitted that if the French people were given a referendum, they would also vote to Leave.

Why do you put various words in quotes?

I understand that this collection of statements is just a rehash of nonsense that you've read somewhere, but why are you highlighting some words in particular.

The UK isn't anymore democratic that the EU, one of our legislative bodies isn't elected.

Until recently, our chief negotiator with the EU was appointed by the PM, before that he was a Civil Servant, never been elected.

The UK is punishing itself for leaving the EU, becoming a third country is an act of self-harm.

What is hilarious is that you fail to see the hypocrisy of what you've posted.

Are you off again? I suspect you're misquoting those deliberate misquotes (or poor translations) in some of our red tops (which sadly now includes the Telegraph) months ago.  Tell you what - show us all the links to the full speeches so we can judge the veracity of your comments - not by the way some RWNJ spin?

My take on the EU is that they wish the UK well - after all it's not in their interests for one of their customers to go bust but don't expect them to help us out to their own detriment. They are very pleased with the new business that has now moved or come their way due to the UK becoming uncompetitive in their markets. Such is life.

Anyway Johnson will be pleased there are still some so gullible to believe him.

Funny by the way that despite you and all the others claiming a loss of sovereignty we always had and indeed used the right to leave. Ergo we never lost any sovereignty (unlike Scotland it seems). Oddly we now have less control and influence than we did before - being a small fish now not leading the shoal in very large pond with some big sharks present. Yummy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You're a serial liar, what would you know of the truth?

can you make sense of those replies ? post reported for calling me names 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

can you make sense of those replies ? post reported for calling me names 

'Serial liar' is not calling you a name. Here are the most recent examples.

There was the time you claimed you didn't post something from the Express and you did.

Then there was the time you changed the headline in the Independent.

On 26/10/2021 at 14:41, SwindonCanary said:

From the Independent 

What if Brexit referendum were held today? Here’s what the polls say

Polling suggests Leavers now make up more than 50 per cent of the vote, but nation continues to be as divided as ever

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-leave-remain-2021-b1871157.html

Click on the link and see if you can find the difference between what Swindon has posted and what the Independent reported.

What if Brexit referendum were held today? Here’s what the polls say

Polling suggests Remainers may now make up more than 50 per cent of the vote, but nation continues to be as divided as ever

Remain would win a second Brexit referendum by a narrow margin if the vote were held today, new polling suggests.

Here's another one when you claimed something was from the Guardian,

site:guardian.com "UK has banned pulse fishing throughout its EEZ" when:1y

When you use 'site': to refine a search, you'll see articles from all the indexed pages from the website that you specified
No results found.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There was the time you claimed you didn't post something from the Express and you did.

I did not it came from an page on line

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Then there was the time you changed the headline in the Independent

I was just making a joke ! that's why I put a smiley face after it  

Edited by SwindonCanary

31 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I did not it came from an page on line

I was just making a joke ! that's why I put a smiley face after it  

You do realise that the quote facility doesn't show any smiley face. Probably due to it not being there and you're lying again.

39 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You do realise that the quote facility doesn't show any smiley face. Probably due to it not being there and you're lying again.

I admitted to winding you lot up and put a smiley face on it STOP CALLING ME NAMES

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I admitted to winding you lot up and put a smiley face on it STOP CALLING ME NAMES

You got caught lying and tried make out you were joking.

All you are doing is confirming that your a liar. It's what liars do, they lie to cover up the previous lies.

• Confused 1

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong again, 

You have admitted that you are a childish troll, that you deliberately massaged and altered headlines for you own personal fun and offered them up as 'true' facts. That you are a class idiot is beyond doubt.

• Confused 1

THAT WAS THE ONLY  TIME I DID IT,  AND I ADMITTED IT WITH A SMILEY FACE I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT 

And you thought it was  a work meeting

7 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Are you off again? I suspect you're misquoting those deliberate misquotes (or poor translations) in some of our red tops (which sadly now includes the Telegraph) months ago.  Tell you what - show us all the links to the full speeches so we can judge the veracity of your comments - not by the way some RWNJ spin?

My take on the EU is that they wish the UK well - after all it's not in their interests for one of their customers to go bust but don't expect them to help us out to their own detriment. They are very pleased with the new business that has now moved or come their way due to the UK becoming uncompetitive in their markets. Such is life.

Anyway Johnson will be pleased there are still some so gullible to believe him.

Funny by the way that despite you and all the others claiming a loss of sovereignty we always had and indeed used the right to leave. Ergo we never lost any sovereignty (unlike Scotland it seems). Oddly we now have less control and influence than we did before - being a small fish now not leading the shoal in very large pond with some big sharks present. Yummy.

For all of Boris’s flaws, at least we are one of the most wealthiest countries in the G7. Not bad considering all the scaremongering over leaving the EU that has been going on for much longer than Covid. Seven years of this shít nearly in fact.

A “yummy” fact to ponder indeed. Switzerland have never joined the EU and are a big fish amongst the sharks.

Having said all this, I am no member of the leave brigade. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

For all of Boris’s flaws, at least we are one of the most wealthiest countries in the G7. Not bad considering all the scaremongering over leaving the EU that has been going on for much longer than Covid. Seven years of this shít nearly in fact.

A “yummy” fact to ponder indeed. Switzerland have never joined the EU and are a big fish amongst the sharks.

Having said all this, I am no member of the leave brigade. 

You do know Switzerland is part of the SM and is otherwise highly integrated with the EU? FOM and all that.

11 hours ago, Well b back said:

Currently I work for the nhs 12 hour shifts 7 days a week ( I will be having a day off Saturday at the football ) even though I am retired. Prior to that before I retired I was a sales and marketing director for a large company.

How about yourself ?

I am also retired, working part time 2 hours a day, before this I was an account director for a large newspaper group, but like the rest of you on here I am hardly qualified in any way shape or form to be an expert on the economics of a country of 68 million people, most people could not tell you the financials of there own home let alone alone where the Uk will be in 5 years time.

2 minutes ago, Nawich Fann said:

I am also retired, working part time 2 hours a day, before this I was an account director for a large newspaper group, but like the rest of you on here I am hardly qualified in any way shape or form to be an expert on the economics of a country of 68 million people, most people could not tell you the financials of there own home let alone alone where the Uk will be in 5 years time.

Just off the continent, snuggling next to Eire.

• Haha 1

I'm not Boris 

At least two things you have in common with him though.

• Like 1