Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I take it you don't believe in gerontocracy then?

The Ancient Greeks did and they achieved rather a lot, including the foundation of the first practising democratic state in Athens.

By the way ,a friend told me that only 35% of pensioners voted for Brexit. I wouldn't know the truth of that fact though.

I posted this about a week ago BroadstairsR. For info

https://www.statista.com/statistics/520954/brexit-votes-by-age/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm just going to ignore you again. It's easier that way. Probably better if you ignore me too.👍

I did it a long time ago Herman. The man is a brainless buffoon.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

He winds me up. I wind him up. Best to mute so we don't wind up others.👍

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh marvellous.

The insult merchant par excellence has finally arrived in one of his many guises.

The ultimate street 'corner boy mentality,' ie. when up against it peddle an insult.

He never fails. It's the main currency of any debate he involves himself in. Pathetic.

Dear oh dear. 

My day is made.

I'm puzzled. If you muted me a long time ago how do you know what this is about? You silly Billy.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

He winds me up. I wind him up. Best to mute so we don't wind up others.👍

You wind me up? Don't credit yourself.

It's all a bit of fun surely? It's a footie forum after all.

What's this mute nonsense in any case? Is it similar to what ostriches do when they sense danger?

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You wind me up? Don't credit yourself.

It's all a bit of fun surely? It's a footie forum after all.

What's this mute nonsense in any case? Is it similar to what ostriches do when they sense danger?

You'll both cheer the same though when Teemu hits the net tomorrow afternoon 🙂

Politics and money are the things one shouldn't talk about at work. It rarely ever ends well! Nor is it out having a curry with your mates.

Both keep on posting though. (Brexit is a sore subject more than most). 

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

You'll both cheer the same though when Teemu hits the net tomorrow afternoon 🙂

Politics and money are the things one shouldn't talk about at work. It rarely ever ends well! Nor is it out having a curry with your mates.

Both keep on posting though. (Brexit is a sore subject more than most). 

It's ok occasionally rather than habitually.

It's when the insults start flowing that it's usually time to depart with a knowing smile. 

It's been mild up to now, until that last character turned up that is.

A cut out and keep guide from the Daily Mail, the same paper that is slating Remain supporting "losers".

Edited by Herman

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's ok occasionally rather than habitually.

It's when the insults start flowing that it's usually time to depart with a knowing smile. 

It's been mild up to now, until that last character turned up that is.

Insults like jokes are often defences. We all use them at times.

Back to Brexit, I think we will read about the fallouts in the next 2/3 months particularly. It's inevitable isn't it. By the time of us going out of the EU don't forget over 55% of the country were against it. Lots of sore folk, me included ☹️

Edited by sonyc

"Back to Brexit, I think we will read about the fallouts in the next 2/3 months particularly. It's inevitable isn't it. By the time of us going out of the EU don't forget over 55% of the country were against it. Lots of sore folk, me included."

2/3 month? Well I suppose that's an improvement upon the George Osbourne budget when he virtually prophesised the complete and immediate collapse of the economy should the Brexit vote even carry.

Come on. This is entitled the "Positive Brexit Thread" after all. 

Can't cry forever, nothing is ever black and white.   

Edited by BroadstairsR

"Insults like jokes are often defences. We all use them at times."

True, some more than others it seems.

It clearly is one of the easiest things to do, a total opt-out, and when somebody has the need to resort to calling another poster a "brainless buffoon" it really becomes the ultimate irony.

As I've mentioned before, my usual tactic when faced with such nonsense is to recall what the ancient Greek expressed under those circumstances:-

"If an a-ss should kick me, why should I be annoyed?"

Edited by BroadstairsR

Someone didn't get a New Year's honour.🤣

(How is someone that has spent decades as an MEP and a leader of a political party not a career politician?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigFish said:

Over the top and fact free, typical.

Been away for a few hours, seems like @BroadstairsR has been trolling successfully but has yet to provide any facts and remains so far over the top you need a telescope to see him.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Blimey you have only been on here since Billy got banned Horsey, Sept 14 wasn’t it, when Billy went silent for a while, 😁 so it can’t be that “long ago”.  Keep on script there’s a good lad.

Edited by Van wink

6 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Theresa May wasn't part of Vote Leave and she triggered Article 50. Although I concede that Vote Leave were fully in support of that move. Nothing played out as it was promised during the referendum campaign and yet here we are, out of the EU, with an FTA, outside the ECJ's jurisdiction and with an end to free movement. The vast majority of people who voted to leave would have accepted that position I'd wager.

I mostly agree, though I've seen stories of a few business people who wished they hadn't voted Brexit 

It was clear from the start that it wasn't guaranteed that the vote leave campaigners would get to implement Brexit....Johnson & Gove got there in the end but it was an absurdity that May had first crack 

I still feel the freedom of movement issue is a bit misunderstood. I'm still seeing stuff on various media where people think they haven't lost anything as they are still allowed to visit the EU for 90 days out of 180, and worse, that people could use it to come to the UK and stay as long as they liked on benefits 

Still, we  move on, and the  deal is what we have for the next few years. At least there won't be delays at Dover for a while....

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Blimey you have only been on here since Billy got banned Horsey, Sept 14 wasn’t it, when Billy went silent for a while, 😁 so it can’t be that “long ago”.  Keep on script there’s a good lad.

As usual you continue to prove there's more than one buffoon on the site.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Someone didn't get a New Year's honour.🤣

(How is someone that has spent decades as an MEP and a leader of a political party not a career politician?)

His pension from the EU. All the money sent to the Brexit Party. Its a profession to even the most disingenuous and deceitful scoundrels with a short memory

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

As usual you continue to prove there's more than one buffoon on the site.

Carefully does it, how long ago was it by the way?

• Haha 1

Reasons for leaving the EU, number 249:

Not only was EU lagging behind the UK in announcing the go-ahead of the Pfizer vaccine scheme (we were first in the world), they actually have a much larger problem which will cause many more issues in the EU states over the coming year. And that problem is all to do with the ordering of doses of vaccine from the pharmaceutical companies. 

In June 2020, the EU began collectively ordering doses on behalf of member states, to be shared out on the basis of population count per country. We were told the collective buying power would put smaller countries such as the UK at a disadvantage.

But the EU's order for 200 million Pfizer doses didn't go in until November, long after the fleet-footed British had got their order in. Secondly, 200 million is only a fraction of what the EU needs. Germany alone requires 100-120 million to achieve herd immunity. Yet when Pfizer offered the EU an extra 500 million doses, they were rejected by the French for political reasons.

The French refused the offer because Pfizer vaccine would undermine the rival vaccine being developed by French company Sanofi. So being diplomatic, the EU ordered 300 doses each of the Pfizer vaccine and the Sanofi vaccine. Yet the Sanofi vaccine has yet to enter phase 3 trials and is unlikely to be approved until the end of 2021, and then needs to be rolled out.

So large parts of the EU will face this winter and next without a vaccine, all because the EU has inter-member political rivalry to overcome. Britain on the other hand, may be able to complete its vaccination by late spring/early summer. We told you a flexible fleet-of-foot Britain can create winning advantages over a dinosaural EU, this is a case study in point.

Statistics: Ross Clark

I have no problem with Stanley Johnson doing that. I have a problem with him not using contraceptives 57 years ago.

• Haha 1

I couldn't get through all that as it is true and depressing. Hopefully the people wake up sooner or later.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I couldn't get through all that as it is true and depressing. Hopefully the people wake up sooner or later.

What's sad is that most Europeans really like the UK (and ergo our membership). Always like our humour and spirit. Some folk forget that or think otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/31/passports-permits-what-are-biggest-changes-caused-by-brexit

"British nationals already settled in Europe have the right to remain although with restrictions on their movements to other EU countries."

Don't get this. Who is going to check? Everytime I travel to the EU, there are never any checks, just walk straight in. Are the Airlines expected to inform the countries that they are flying to that there is a Brit on the plane?

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

The French refused the offer because Pfizer vaccine would undermine the rival vaccine being developed by French company Sanofi. So being diplomatic, the EU ordered 300 doses each of the Pfizer vaccine and the Sanofi vaccine. Yet the Sanofi vaccine has yet to enter phase 3 trials and is unlikely to be approved until the end of 2021, and then needs to be rolled out.

Is this a typo? Why would something the size of the EU order only 300 doses of a vaccine?

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Reasons for not leaving the EU, number 249:

Not only was EU lagging behind the UK in announcing the go-ahead of the Pfizer vaccine scheme (we were first in the world), t

Is this the vaccine developed by Turkish immigrants, for a US/German partnership and manufactured in Belgium?

I think I think your racism may be clouding your judgement if you think this is a reason to leave.