David Moyes 9/1

Alan Pardew 10/1

Chris Coleman 14/1

Aidy Boothroyd 16/1

Tony Pulis 20/1

Mark Warburton 20/1

However do this bunch of losers continually get touted for top jobs

Wonder they haven't put I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here on the list

Touted by betting companies, but no one else a big difference.

This season so far, thank goodness, Norwich are proving that the game isn’t entirely about gambling vast sums of money on ‘big players’. 

Were Norwich to get promoted, I am sure the majority of supporters would forego marquee signings to allow the current squad an opportunity to test themselves and see where they end up. The entertainment served up this season, and the opportunities shown to the young players would take the pressure off the owners to ‘splash-out’, therefore safeguarding the club in the event of any future relegation.

22 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Huddersfield brought in David Moss from Celtic (who also interviewed for the Norwich Sporting Director job) after Webber left. He was sacked after 5 months and Olaf Rebbe was brought in from Germany to replace him.

I'm only going by press articles, but David Moss seemed more like a chief scout than a Director of Football. The type of guy you'd give a shopping list to and he'd come back with a grizzly bear.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/02/do-david-moss-names-the-huddersfield-town-signing-he-wouldve-bro/

“Laurent’s another big lad, 6ft 4in, and not the prettiest on the eye in training, and (Huddersfield manager) David (Wagner) would come to me saying: ‘What have you bought here?’

“He was off the pace in training, but he comes alive on matchday. David took some convincing to play him against Leicester [in September] when Mounie was out, but he bullied Harry Maguire and was the best player on the pitch.”

Safe to say that we wouldn't be signing any Steven Naismiths' if we were promoted.

I'd imagine a decent chunk of the money would go into infrastructure and young players.

10 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'm only going by press articles, but David Moss seemed more like a chief scout than a Director of Football. The type of guy you'd give a shopping list to and he'd come back with a grizzly bear.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/02/do-david-moss-names-the-huddersfield-town-signing-he-wouldve-bro/

“Laurent’s another big lad, 6ft 4in, and not the prettiest on the eye in training, and (Huddersfield manager) David (Wagner) would come to me saying: ‘What have you bought here?’

“He was off the pace in training, but he comes alive on matchday. David took some convincing to play him against Leicester [in September] when Mounie was out, but he bullied Harry Maguire and was the best player on the pitch.”

Moss’ job title at Huddesfield was ‘Head of Football Operations’ which is the same job title Webber had there. Moss was head of recruitment at Celtic but moved in to the larger role at Huddersfield. 

That article confirms he was in charge of bringing in players as Wagner was sceptical of a player Moss had chosen. 

Rebbe’s role is slightly different it seems, but he is still in charge of manger/player recruitment. 

3 hours ago, daly said:

Sam Allardyce 4/1

Gary Rowett 20/1

Nigel Adkins 25/1

David Moyes 9/1

Alan Pardew 10/1

Chris Coleman 14/1

Aidy Boothroyd 16/1

Tony Pulis 20/1

Mark Warburton 20/1

However do this bunch of losers continually get touted for top jobs

Wonder they haven't put I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here on the list

Where's Mark Hughes?.... or Curbishley?

Just announced the Sporting Director who replaced Webber has been sacked as well.  The club wants to "try a new direction".  Suggests the Sporting Director model can only get you so far?

Edited by shefcanary
mispleiing

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Just announced the Sporting Director who replaced Webber has been sacked as well.  The club wants to "try a new direction".  Suggests the Sporting Director model can only get you so far?

No, it suggests the view of the Huddersfield owner is that the Sporting Director model can only get you so far. The view of most big clubs in Europe is that the Sporting Director model, or a variation of it, is the right one. 

An unknown is whether they could have got further with Webber. Or, as Webber clearly sees us as a club with more potential, whether we could get further with Webber.

10 hours ago, shefcanary said:

It’s actually the sporting director who replaced the sporting director who replaced Stuart Webber. If you keep chopping and changing such a key position it will always fail to make much impact. 

I imagine the club will bring someone else in to do that role, but someone more suited for the clubs inevitable return to the Championship. 

Sporting Directors are now the norm, not the exception in the Premier League and I imagine it won’t be long before the Championship follows suit. 

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

Jan Siewert the latest name, no surprise he's Dortmunds 2nd team coach. 😀

Even more confused by this unless; the former Sporting Director enquired, causing him to be sacked when the Chairman found out, by saying "we've already done that - it won't work again!"

On 15/01/2019 at 11:29, keelansgrandad said:

I would totally understand if we spent very little and ended up as fodder for the top Prem teams. Peoples desire for us to be there may well cause them to expect marquee signings. But history tells us it hasn't worked in the past. And the emergence of four academy players this season has kept other signings out the team.

The message that I keep taking from odd snippets from Farke and Webber is that, premier league or not, don't expect marquee signings. They seem quite focussed on not letting egos unbalance things. 

Equally, I'm starting to think that the rate our academy is churning out quality players, and also the extent to which they are trusted with first team opportunities, means talented youngsters with a number of academy opportunities around the country may well plump for Norwich over other bigger names for those reasons, ensuring a good flow of young, hungry and talented players that mitigates the need to import expensive players while maintaining a quality side. 

Maybe I've read it wrong though.